Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Tigers of Old said:
Our entire back six was under the pump today and only really Grimes stood up. Worrying.

Really? Thought overall we did ok. We were a bit top heavy though. Cloke killed it and gave Rance a whipping. Sidebottom is a superstar and is hard to contain at the best of times. The other smalls were pretty well held I thought. Looking at the game as a whole, we won the 1st qtr by 11 points, lost the 2nd by 7 points, won the last by 2 points and got walloped in the 3rd. Other than the 3rd, we actually competed fairly well even though I thought we played rather ordinary footy. I'm not totally despondent as others are. Was always going to be a big test.

Footskils are just okay. Not a good reader of the play so he is the wrong type to have as loose man in defence.

Was timid in his attack at times. Not looking like a long termer. Don't think he was really been other then average in every game.

Today he was below average.

I thought our backline, especially early, stood up to the Pies well enough.

When their midfield got on top, we started to struggle, and in the second half, our rebounding out of the back-half really fell away which played into their hands.

Streak said:
I thought our backline, especially early, stood up to the Pies well enough.

When their midfield got on top, we started to struggle, and in the second half, our rebounding out of the back-half really fell away which played into their hands.

Good summary, their mids ran harder to get the plus one or plus two.
We were tired and got swamped, badly.
Pettard had a stinker, gave 5 or 6 goals to them through skill errors.
He was put under massive pressure.

Play him up forward. We have plenty of half back flankers. Nowhere near enough half forward flankers.

T-Shirt Tommy said:
Play him up forward. We have plenty of half back flankers. Nowhere near enough half forward flankers.

That's what I thought as well.
Put him forward. Amazing Dimma didn't throw him forward

Jukes Extended said:
Soon as a little pressure occurs he panics and looks like he expects to fail.
Looking like a spud.

Confidence appears brittle and he seems to reflect the mood of the team. Expected more desperation from a 24yo on the rookie list.

When you are given the luxury of playing predominantly as the plus one you need to provide more than Ricky did today.

Position in jeopardy.

If. Every week of the year five grand appears in your bank account and you find yourself standing under an air ball you must not jib it. This is not rugby league.

People questioning why Melboune let him go... Even they know he's a soft turnover merchant.

Richmond's least inspiring retread since Kent Kingsley. With Chris Kinghts in slow persuit.

Play him forward we need to stop trying to turn players into HB flankers
Lets see if hes got any xfactor by playing Ricky in the forward line and let the Singly Guy take his rightful role on HB

Yep, had the easy gig playing with no opponent for large parts.

Nit sure he has the elite ball use or sure hands needed for the role.

Didn't see the C'wood game but has been good till now. Worth persisting with IMO because his upside is huge if he gets his head right.

Whether he works out or not, he was certainly worth taking the punt on with a rookie spot. He's thus far exceeded my expectations.

Stylo you must be easily pleased, Pettard's disposal is not great which make you wonder what happened to Hardwick's drafting mantra Good character and good kick?

Elmer said:
People questioning why Melboune let him go... Even they know he's a soft turnover merchant.

Richmond's least inspiring retread since Kent Kingsley. With Chris Kinghts in slow persuit.

:hihi

PRE is always good for a laugh after a loss