Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Tigers of Old said:
Backed it up today. Was brave and clean by foot aside from one disappointing kick out OB. Has slotted into the back 6 beautifully.

We're developing a fine back 6. They were all excellent today. Completely blanketed the Dogs.

Morris Chaplin Grimes
Houli Rance Petterd
Interesting mix a sanfl kid nobody wanted a free bee, a rookie, a psd pick, a bloke who was a dud 2 years back an a Melbourne reject :eek:

Tigers of Old said:
Backed it up today. Was brave and clean by foot aside from one disappointing kick out OB. Has slotted into the back 6 beautifully.

We're developing a fine back 6. They were all excellent today. Completely blanketed the Dogs.

Morris Chaplin Grimes
Houli Rance Petterd

add Newman.
we tend to play 7 backs, with one on the bench most of the time.

Played his role. He is hard at the contest and should only get better as he plays more and more games down back and becomes more familiar with the boys. I reckon our back 6 has the most upside of all areas. Chaplin and Grimes are not 100 percent fit yet and still finding their way. Pettard still finding his way as well.

kicked the ball much better today.. didnt notice any sideway helicopter kicks..... gelling better each week.... thanks Melbourne.

CC TIGER said:
Interesting mix a sanfl kid nobody wanted a free bee, a rookie, a psd pick, a bloke who was a dud 2 years back an a Melbourne reject :eek:
[/quote
Have to agree that our pick ups have given us what looks like a class defence of the future. They are still gelling together at times but looking good most of the time. Ricky is really adding something in defence. Add the potential of a fit Astbury then finals footy is not far off.

Tiger Pops said:
kicked the ball much better today.. didnt notice any sideway helicopter kicks..... gelling better each week.... thanks Melbourne.

Wonder what Gary Lyon thought 8-

I thought Petterd's kicking was very good today. One was glamour - knocked our man's eyes out. That one he shanked on the full was a very tired kick. Lazy. Knackered.

I did notice him waddling pretty early in the game but he must've just needed a breather because he got another run.

I get the impression that Petterd has never actually applied himself for a full game. Classic forward trap. But he is fair dinkum now. He looks very good when he has some gas in the tank and is learning what length of intensity is required.

Good to see guys who it's dawned on that this is their last chance go full bore at a club which is fast becoming, like Hawthorn, a destination club for players. I will watch with great interest if we have a good year to see who wants to join from other clubs and I reckon the line will be long.

Tiger Pops said:

Had one of the worst sprayed kicks I've ever seen that went at right angles off the boot out on the full.

Other than that he was solid.

wayne said:
Grabbed at it after a free kick late in the game. It'll be interesting to see if there is anything in it.

he came back on. hopefully it's nothing

Tigers of Old said:

Morris Chaplin Grimes
Houli Rance Petterd

You better throw Newy in that mix.

Noticed from the replay that he still appears to have a groin niggle.

Need to manage him carefully as he could be quite important.

Although a right footer he reminds me of Graham Landy (size, agility, leap, skills) who became a very very handy half back for us.