Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

SCOOP said:
Wonder who will do Flossy and Knights? It's a great concept.

flossy - number 31 - perhaps hyde or johnny howat. knights - gotta be pettifer.

This type of thing creates tremendous pride in the jumper, Michael Green has delivered a speech to rival that of the baggy green.

A little from Wiki re what the 4x premiership Tiger's up to post his playing days.

Green is now well known in the Melbourne legal community. He runs Greens List, one of the Victoria's largest barristers' clerk services.

He was a barrister which gives some idea why he's so good with his words.

Tigers of Old said:
Yeah that was great. Made me want to grab a jumper. Green was talking to every player in that room. Brilliant.
Scary how a simple speech can send a shiver down the spine. Nearly put the hand out for my jumper, then I woke up ;D.

After yesterday's training session two guys next to me handed Ricky two Melbourne FC footy player cards of him to sign. He chuckled when he saw them and I said "gee I bet your glad your not there anymore?" Ricky agreed with a laugh. Think the boy might be loving life as a tiger at the moment..... :hihi :hihi

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
One MCG legend passes the baton to another.

Mike Green, four-time premiership hero
Ricky Petterd, contributor to sizable Boxing Day beer snake

"....raise your glass to the king of the bar" :guitar

Tigers of Old said:
A little from Wiki re what the 4x premiership Tiger's up to post his playing days.

Green is now well known in the Melbourne legal community. He runs Greens List, one of the Victoria's largest barristers' clerk services.

He was a barrister which gives some idea why he's so good with his words.

TOO - Michael is not a barrister. He is a solicitor. He is now a barristers' clerk (and runs the best list ;)).

Michael is not only a Tiger Legend ... he is a Legend. Has great people skills. The jumper presentation, talking about those from other clubs who became Tiger Greats, was inspirational stuff. Made me want to pull on a Tiger jumper and be part of it - which of course would not assist the chances of on field success in any way whatsoever :rofl

Would love to see him play forward.
In the latter part of the year he will be blitzing, when he gets use too the game style and when he actually feels that he is part of the team too.
He looked really nervous on Friday night. Love his running back into a pack to mark.

zippadeee said:
Would love to see him play forward.
In the latter part of the year he will be blitzing, when he gets use too the game style and when he actually feels that he is part of the team too.
He looked really nervous on Friday night. Love his running back into a pack to mark.
Why would we put him back to a spot he neally destroyed his career at ? Dimma an co put him back too a position on the ground where 1 his played his best footy 2 like a lot of players can see the game unfold from behind the ball 3 gives us another string in our backline an allows others to move up the ground more I.e Houli, Newy Lids

CC TIGER said:
Why would we put him back to a spot he neally destroyed his career at ? Dimma an co put him back too a position on the ground where 1 his played his best footy 2 like a lot of players can see the game unfold from behind the ball 3 gives us another string in our backline an allows others to move up the ground more I.e Houli, Newy Lids

Agree CC. Petterd himself seems very pleased to be playing in defence.

Backed it up today. Was brave and clean by foot aside from one disappointing kick out OB. Has slotted into the back 6 beautifully.

We're developing a fine back 6. They were all excellent today. Completely blanketed the Dogs.

Morris Chaplin Grimes
Houli Rance Petterd