Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Has the ability to win the ball back with good marking ability for a medium sized player. Could be a great pickup, I bet he is loving being at the Tigers.

Jukes Extended said:
Lyon writes one article about Dusty now everyone hates him...I like what Gazza says tbh.

Leigh Matthews said it too.

Not the case at all jukes. Many on here have not liked Lyon for years. Me included. Has nothing to do with the Dusty article. Re. Lethal wouldnt be the first time he was wrong.

Batchelor Party said:
Has the ability to win the ball back with good marking ability for a medium sized player. Could be a great pickup, I bet he is loving being at the Tigers.

Looks like he is

@Rickypetterd13. Well that was fun! Overwhelmed with the support I got from the tiger army! Bit rusty with the ball but over the moon with the win haha.

I think Ricky's great - I always liked him at Melbourne.

Hopefully he can stay fit, and fix that ball drop. Otherwise, he seems the goods. Moves great, is a good grab, and thinks quick. Still think he'd be better up forward like he was at Melbourne, but hey, Dimma is smarter than me.

Of course Petterd likes being at Richmond. He couldn't get a game at Melbourne. It defies belief looking at that team as to how they can have a guy on the list who they've put some years into and got 50 games into him and they don't play him. He probably wouldn't help them win games like last night and in 2012, but getting rid of him and bringing over priced dud recruits isn't getting the job done either. Petterd is a decent depth player for the Tigers and could improve even more.

Check out the post match video interview with him on the RFC site. When asked what it was like to play in front of 80K+, he said "yeah, well, IN THE PAST, I haven't had the biggest crowds ...".

Very diplomatically put, Rick. Got the message across without actually mentioning the MFC.

23.21.159 said:
Check out the post match video interview with him on the RFC site. When asked what it was like to play in front of 80K+, he said "yeah, well, IN THE PAST, I haven't had the biggest crowds ...".

Very diplomatically put, Rick. Got the message across without actually mentioning the MFC.

The crowd was under 55...but that's a huge crowd coming from Melbourne, that's a finals crowd for them..

Sorry, yes. My quote from the question was not accurate, but the point is still made. Even more so actually. It means Melbourne rarely draw 55K, let alone 80K.

bullus_hit said:
Petterd had 2 clangers versus Deledio's 5, both had 70% kicking efficiency, and I can distinctly remember one of Deledio's coming straight after his 5 bounce dash.

This is where stats can lie, he lowered his eyes and the kick looked as though it was going to hit the Richmond player on the chest before being intercepted.

zippadeee said:
The crowd was under 55...but that's a huge crowd coming from Melbourne, that's a finals crowd for them..
Attendance was more than 56K actually, closer to 57. Not bad going considering it was a Saints home game. That's one thing players who cross over from other clubs like about the Tigers, we get crowds.

CarnTheTiges said:
Attendance was more than 56K actually, closer to 57. Not bad going considering it was a Saints home game. That's one thing players who cross over from other clubs like about the Tigers, we get crowds.

We get bigger crowds at family day then Footscray, north & Melbourne on home games.

Jukes Extended said:
Lyon writes one article about Dusty now everyone hates him...I like what Gazza says tbh.

Huh? Didn't even know he wrote an article about Dusty. What did he say?

I have prolly already posted this but surely Ricky's nickname should be 'Bear'
cause he is a flogg'n Bear Grylls clone

Really enjoyed watching the jumper presentation on RFC website from Mike Green excellent job by the big man.

GEDS1 said:
Really enjoyed watching the jumper presentation on RFC website from Mike Green excellent job by the big man.

Smoking Aces said:
Fantastic speech by Michael Green.
I just came in here to write the same thing. Better pre-game speaker than Mark Neeld, that's for sure. Excellent words, how could the bloke not feel part of it after that.