Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Showed some guts filling the hole in front of Reiwoldt a few times. Good sign. Good game.

After a 12 months lay-off Petterd played a good game tonight, 20 possessions & 8 marks, not bad for a player picked up in the rookie draft. Well done Ricky. :clap

Tigers of Old said:
No A. Maric. Pre season form counts for something after all. ;)

Can win his own ball. Which makes a huge difference.

Looks like he competes well. Is another that fits the Dimma mould.

Impressive contested marking but unconvinced with his kicking. Looks very shaky and Hardwick has even commentated on it. Good teams will sag off him and make him hit targets. For mine he's still a HFF.

To qualify that throwaway line Hardwick has said his kicking is ungainly but effective. Missed one target but was very good at HB.
Newman though was a worry up forward, not a natural fit. OHanlon comes into consideration.

Barnzy said:
Impressive contested marking but unconvinced with his kicking. Looks very shaky and Hardwick has even commentated on it. Good teams will sag off him and make him hit targets. For mine he's still a HFF.

Pfft. One or two mistakes by foot versus some enormous intercepts. Ricky will be fine.

Barnsy it could be a lot worse... you could barrack for Essendon. Kick back and enjoy

Barnzy said:

I noticed he has a highish ball drop, this may be a liability when under pressure, let's wait and see, but he deserves some slack given it was his first game after such a long time out.

Tigerdog said:
Pfft. One or two mistakes by foot versus some enormous intercepts. Ricky will be fine.

Barnsy it could be a lot worse... you could barrack for Essendon. Kick back and enjoy

I said his intercept marking was good and overall he was very good for his first hitout.

If he's going to play that HB sweeper role though his kicking needs to be spot on.

I'm really surprised that he's getting so much love, really poor kicking and some terrible decision making tonight :theyareontome

Tigers of Old said:
To qualify that throwaway line Hardwick has said his kicking is ungainly but effective. Missed one target but was very good at HB.
Newman though was a worry up forward, not a natural fit. OHanlon comes into consideration.

I worry about Newy. I really think the team is leaving him behind. I guess that is what has to happen for us to go on to achieve what we want in terms of playing finals and being successful, but it is sad to see.

look. he took a towering and courageous mark in front of Riewoldt in the second half so he gets a hall pass from me.

but I ain't convinced.

many of his high ball drop kicks lacked a metre's penetration and resulted in neutral or loss of possession.

his kicking is weird. walken weird.

Streak said:
I worry about Newy. I really think the team is leaving him behind. I guess that is what has to happen for us to go on to achieve what we want in terms of playing finals and being successful, but it is sad to see.

I agree Streak, but it happens to all as you know

I think he will be remembered fondly though

Did enough to warrant his selection. I will be interested in how much improvement he has in him over the next month or so. If he improves than I will happily admit I was wrong on him.