Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

GoodOne said:
Sort of weird that this article was posted on Richmond website just 2 days ago:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-03-26/petterd-in-full-flight

In partiuclar this comment:

"It's really good for confidence. Since I've been at Richmond I haven't missed a beat with training, I haven't had any niggles and I haven't missed a session.

A day later he's not picked Round 1 because of a groin injury.

The old groin soreness hey! Agree funny how that has developed in the last couple of days when he hasn't played a game. Sounds like this injury rumour is just that a rumour that may in fact have no basis

Mr Magic said:
The old groin soreness hey! Agree funny how that has developed in the last couple of days when he hasn't played a game. Sounds like this injury rumour is just that a rumour that may in fact have no basis

i assume his groin soreness comes from getting a little overexcited before the big game.

graham gaunt said:
Seriously guys, are some you oblivious to the fact he was delisted by Melbourne. He is not the Royce Hart some here are making him out to be. Go tiges.

Heh heh. When people are mildly complimentary of a fringe player, out comes the call that people are comparing the player to a past great. There is always one.

TigerForce said:
It's called 'reality' Good One. Pre-season honeymoons are over and all the truth from clubs starts showing now.

Knights injured, Petterd injured, A Edwards underperforming......geez I really wonder sometimes. Let's see how fit Chaplin really is from tonight.

You forgot Lonergan is injured too.

Hope he plays well in his debut.
Despite the groin setback last week, he's so far been a good rookie pickup considering he appears to have at least recovered from his achilles injury.
Wish him well against the Aints.

Will be interesting to see who gets to be the sub this week - might be between Ellis and Pettard.

By the way I wish Ricky all the best tomorrow.

Tigers of Old said:
Hope he plays well in his debut.
Despite the groin setback last week, he's so far been a good rookie pickup considering he appears to have at least recovered from his achilles injury.
Wish him well against the Aints.

Dont mind Ricky but he hasnt performed at senior level to know whether he's been a good pickup yet Tooheys.

Yep hopefully he does, he does have some ability.

But as we know & was further found last week, pre-season form counts for little once the real stuff starts.

Be good to put to bed whether this kid is any good or not. FJ speaks highly of him from the U18s comp so you would think there's something there.

Maybe it was just his injuries that jeopardized his place at the Dees. Maybe they made the same mistake we made with Rodan - let him go too early.

I reckon we all know this - He has a small window to prove himself so he'll give it all he's got. Crossroads time for Ricky...

TigerMoz said:
Be good to put to bed whether this kid is any good or not. FJ speaks highly of him from the U18s comp so you would think there's something there.

Maybe it was just his injuries that jeopardized his place at the Dees. Maybe they made the same mistake we made with Rodan - let him go too early.

I reckon we all know this - He has a small window to prove himself so he'll give it all he's got. Crossroads time for Ricky...

He's got a full season to do that. Hope he makes the most of it...starting tonight.

Congrats Ricky the Tiger.

Eat 'em Alive.

ricky-bobby.jpg

"If you ain't first, you're last"