Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

bullus_hit said:
Perception and reality can be in stark contrast sometimes, guess who had the most clangers for the night?

Brett Deledio with 5.

The newspaper clanger is totally different to the live clanger.
The clanger Deledio does is under pressure and rushed

zippadeee said:

Petterd had 2 clangers versus Deledio's 5, both had 70% kicking efficiency, and I can distinctly remember one of Deledio's coming straight after his 5 bounce dash.

bullus_hit said:
Perception and reality can be in stark contrast sometimes, guess who had the most clangers for the night?

Brett Deledio with 5.

Depends on what pressure is on & risk taken Deledio could have been trying to break the game open & miss a pass or be in a congested area & just thump the ball forward to be cut of by McEvoy or Stanley.

zippadeee said:

Exactly. Just looking at clanger count means nothing. Deledios pin point passing was a thing of beauty last night, perfectly weighted kicks. The ones under pressure you can forgive, but if u cant hit a target from a standing start under zero pressure, then your kicking is an issue. Pettards kicking didnt give u the greatest confidence, at best its 50 50.

Difference between lids and pettards disposal is chalk and cheese, i dont need clanger counts to tell me otherwise. Just watch the game.

bullus_hit said:
Petterd had 2 clangers versus Deledio's 5, both had 70% kicking efficiency, and I can distinctly remember one of Deledio's coming straight after his 5 bounce dash.

That wasn't a clanger, the forwards all sat back and watched his run and forgot to lead.
Vickers needs to stick his paws out and snatch the ball. His attempts to mark are awkward

Other then a couple of poor kicks, thought his reading of the play an courage was great, amazing how some players are so much better at seeing the game unfold behind the ball....going to make it hard for Dea an co if he stays fit

CC TIGER said:
Other then a couple of poor kicks, thought his reading of the play an courage was great, amazing how some players are so much better at seeing the game unfold behind the ball....going to make it hard for Dea an co if he stays fit
And yet he couldn't get a game at Melbourne last year. It really doesn't take much to work out why they're in so much trouble.

CarnTheTiges said:
And yet he couldn't get a game at Melbourne last year. It really doesn't take much to work out why they're in so much trouble.

Astounding that they got rid of him. Exactly the kind of player they need.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Astounding that they got rid of him. Exactly the kind of player they need.
Yeah, they're about as bad as I can ever remember seeing and not just on the field. Decisions like Petterd are just mystifying.

Pandaboy said:
Exactly. Just looking at clanger count means nothing. Deledios pin point passing was a thing of beauty last night, perfectly weighted kicks. The ones under pressure you can forgive, but if u cant hit a target from a standing start under zero pressure, then your kicking is an issue. Pettards kicking didnt give u the greatest confidence, at best its 50 50.

Difference between lids and pettards disposal is chalk and cheese, i dont need clanger counts to tell me otherwise. Just watch the game.

I see everyone is completly missing the point, no-one is suggesting Petterd is a better kick than Deledio, but the way some are carrying on about Petterd's kicking is well out of proportion. Yes, he looks ungainly and yes he seems to have a high ball drop. Were most of his kicks effective last night? YES!

Inspector said:
Depends on what pressure is on & risk taken Deledio could have been trying to break the game open & miss a pass or be in a congested area & just thump the ball forward to be cut of by McEvoy or Stanley.

Again, how is it that people just assume Petterd was under no pressure? There was perhaps one occasion when he lined up Deledio near the boundary line and the ball dribbled out of bounds, that's it for the entire game. If there were some other examples please enlighten me.

bullus_hit said:
I see everyone is completly missing the point, no-one is suggesting Petterd is a better kick than Deledio, but the way some are carrying on about Petterd's kicking is well out of proportion. Yes, he looks ungainly and yes he seems to have a high ball drop. Were most of his kicks effective last night? YES!

Again, how is it that people just assume Petterd was under no pressure? There was perhaps one occasion when he lined up Deledio near the boundary line and the ball dribbled out of bounds, that's it for the entire game. If there were some other examples please enlighten me.

This is Punt Road End, Bully. Sometimes, "the point" is strolling casually down Punt Road and we have set up our Police Dragnet in the French quarter of Hanoi.

TOT70 said:
This is Punt Road End, Bully. Sometimes, "the point" is strolling casually down Punt Road and we have set up our Police Dragnet in the French quarter of Hanoi.

:hihi Nice analogy, reminds me of a traffic sting I had to contend with in India, the first and only time I have been stopped by a cop brandishing a blunderbuss.

Jukes Extended said:
Did he hit a target? Found the footy but didn't use it very well and panicked most of the time.
If he's playing in the backline....with his kicking ....he could be a liability.

So you're suggesting he didn't hit a target all night and was a liability?

bullus_hit said:
So you're suggesting he didn't hit a target all night and was a liability?

I'm asking the question if he hit a target....where I was sitting it didn't look like it.
Although I haven't watched the replay yet so he might surprise me.
It's obviously Dimma's plan to play him back instead of forward...
Hopefully he was just nervous....but he's never been a great kick anyway.