Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

What I saw from Ricky tonight I thought be did a bit more than his job. Happy with his start.

MB78 said:
Did enough to warrant his selection. I will be interested in how much improvement he has in him over the next month or so. If he improves than I will happily admit I was wrong on him.

Agree. Should get another week to show his wares.

Got alot of the ball but made a number of turnovers as well - 1st game jitters maybe?

Willing to give him another shot.

Was ok. Should've marked instead of punching it, his kicking was iffy. Took a good contested mark.
Pass. 6-10

What's with players this season punching the ball when they could mark it? It's not just us I've seen it in some other games as well.

I reckon Maric got spooked when he punched the ball through for a point because of what happened in the goal square last week. But yeah, Chaplin and Pettard both punching it instead of marking it was puzzling.

Especially when Pettard took that really strong contested mark in the 3rd qtr.

I thought he was one of our better players but his kicking is dodgy.

What happened to only recruiting blokes who can kick? Petterd, Grigg, Chaplin, all average.

Ricky's a courageous & talented footballer. He was brought up from good stock in the Apple Isle after all.

Normally his kicking is fine, the issue is, if he plays the high back position your field kicking needs be elite.

Not sure its that.

Anyway, he gives us some options.

Dimma got him in as soon as he was available, like Grimes, so he must be required. I think he's a good get
Our recruiting was fantastic to be able to bring in Vlaustin Chaplin Knights Petterd amongst others.

Perception and reality can be in stark contrast sometimes, guess who had the most clangers for the night?

Brett Deledio with 5.

spook said:
Turn it up.

Well does he? Martin's short kicking is pretty ordinary but there seems to be a lot of focus on the kicking of rookie Petterd's first game back from major achillies surgery.

bullus_hit said:
Perception and reality can be in stark contrast sometimes, guess who had the most clangers for the night?

Brett Deledio with 5.

Indeed. A beautiful kicking style isn't always the most effective.

Tigers of Old said:
Well does he? Martin's short kicking is pretty ordinary but there seems to be a lot of focus on the kicking of rookie Petterd's first game back from major achillies surgery.
I just mentioned it in passing. Not a huge deal.