Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Re: Petrard will be Rookied

bullus_hit said:
So given Knights has been floundering in the reserves for 12 months should we also question his worth?
Indeed. Knights is no Maric.

THough not sure why Knights has been floundering while Petterd is excused as being unlucky with injury and having Mark Neeld as coach.

Tigerdog said:
He is hardly a veteran.

I actually meant Knights and Chaplin, I was making a general point about age profile. L2R2R is right, we will be much older this year on average. Petrard will probably be below the average age of our starting 21 this year.

Tigerdog said:
I really don't get the angst towards getting Petterd as a rookie. He is a quality player when he is up and about and if we believe we can get him right he is an absolute steal at very minimal cost, IMO.
Will be very happy if he comes to the Tiges.
At the same time I really wish we had added Tom Schneider to our list at no cost.

Anyway, if the rumour is true we will get, Petterd, a back up ruckman of some description and possibly two others.

You really do speak a lot of crap sometimes. :rofl

He is hardly a veteran.

Anyway, I'll go back to letting the majority go off half cocked and working themselves into a frenzy. Enjoy.

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Tigerdog said:
I really don't get the angst towards getting Petterd as a rookie. He is a quality player when he is up and about and if we believe we can get him right he is an absolute steal at very minimal cost, IMO.
At the same time I really wish we had added Tom Schneider to our list at no cost.

Anyway, if the rumour is true we will get, Petterd, a back up ruckman of some description and possibly two others.

You really do speak a lot of crap sometimes.

He is hardly a veteran.

Anyway, I'll go back to letting the majority go off half cocked and working themselves into a frenzy. Enjoy.

Watch what happens to him if we don't make the finals, mate.
And then see who's talking *smile*.
I will be the 1st to remind you

cant we do any better than a player with injury issues.

Tigerdog said:

You really do speak a lot of crap sometimes.

He is hardly a veteran.

Frenzy? A few have queried the use of a rookie pick. Fair enough.

For me, as with most things in life, it all comes back to the big droid transport in the desert run by the jawas.

Punting on the pre season and rookie drafts is like dealing with these shifty jawas.

A couple of decent, potentially serviceable droids, but also a heap of crap, including a wriggling tentacle of no apparent use to anyone.

Would petterd have been picked up by uncle Owen? Not on your life, he's way too savvy for that. Hope the list management committee are wary of those jawas.

The moral of the story? Star wars is exactly like professional elite sport.

jb03 said:
Indeed. Knights is no Maric.

THough not sure why Knights has been floundering while Petterd is excused as being unlucky with injury and having Mark Neeld as coach.

I'm not knocking the Knights recruitment, just highlighting the fact that he's been given a fat contract as opposed to being rookie listed for nix. Form wise, their both in the same boat yet people are getting their knickers in a twist over the guy who comes with very little risk.

Carter said:

For me, as with most things in life, it all comes back to the big droid transport in the desert run by the jawas.

Punting on the pre season and rookie drafts is like dealing with these shifty jawas.

A couple of decent, potentially serviceable droids, but also a heap of crap, including a wriggling tentacle of no apparent use to anyone.

Would petterd have been picked up by uncle Owen? Not on your life, he's way too savvy for that. Hope the list management committee are wary of those jawas.

I think that is the first Star Wars reference, let alone analogy, I've ever seen on these boards. Kudos.

Carter said:

We need a few 100 game players going up to star kids and saying 'I am your father'.

bullus_hit said:
So given Knights has been floundering in the reserves for 12 months should we also question his worth?

Certainly taking a wait and see approach on Knights too. Hasn't had achillies issues but when I read that his hips had given him trouble I also took note.
As jb says, we've done well with some previous acquisitions but they won't all be hits. Not much is for free.

zippadeee said:
Watch what happens to him if we don't make the finals, mate.
And then see who's talking sh!t.
I will be the 1st to remind you

And if my Aunty grows wedding tackle she will be my Uncle. Until then she is my Auntie. Feel free to bookmark this page and gloat by saying "I told you so" if what you predict actually happens.

We rated this as a weak draft and only had 3 juniors that we rated in our last few picks. Like it or not, we don't see a lot of value in the guys that didn't get drafted, for whatever reason.

We are going to get a ruckman in all likelihood. One spot. Petterd maybe, two spots. I want Schneider but that's not looking likely... so we have 2 spots to fill from the state leagues as no juniors we rated lasted past the national draft.
It's nice that you want us to draft kids for the sake of it but if we dont rate any kids then the chances are, we will rookie list some guys with experience and they can be cut at the end of the year if it doesn't work out.
Anyone would think we are signing O'Hailpin on a million dollar, 3 year contract the way some carry on.

The way I see it is we are looking for experience and value rather than insurance. If it doesn't work out then we sever ties at the end of the season and load up on quality kids next year. Don't see the drama really. Each to their own though.

Tigerdog said:
And if my Aunty grows wedding tackle she will be my Uncle. Until then she is my Auntie. Feel free to bookmark this page and gloat by saying "I told you so" if what you predict actually happens.

We rated this as a weak draft and only had 3 juniors that we rated in our last few picks. Like it or not, we don't see a lot of value in the guys that didn't get drafted, for whatever reason.

We are going to get a ruckman in all likelihood. One spot. Petterd maybe, two spots. I want Schneider but that's not looking likely... so we have 2 spots to fill from the state leagues as no juniors we rated lasted past the national draft.
It's nice that you want us to draft kids for the sake of it but if we dont rate any kids then the chances are, we will rookie list some guys with experience and they can be cut at the end of the year if it doesn't work out.
Anyone would think we are signing O'Hailpin on a million dollar, 3 year contract the way some carry on.

The way I see it is we are looking for experience and value rather than insurance. If it doesn't work out then we sever ties at the end of the season and load up on quality kids next year. Don't see the drama really. Each to their own though.

I see no problem in picking up senior footballers, but not ones that have missed more games then they have played.
It's as if he thinks next year is his last and he has to deliver finals or he be Rattened..
I rather him play kids and find another Batchelor or Helbig then give up a spot to these types.

mld said:
We need a few 100 game players going up to star kids and saying 'I am your father'.

We need Richo going uo to a few kids saying I AM YOUR FAAAATHER!

ToraToraTora said:

I'd rather non-descript players looking after that, and Richo in some sort of milking chamber producing the seed for the next generation of players.

It will be good to see Pettifer back at the club.

ToraToraTora said:

What about we open the Puntroad sperm bank and AI centre. 100 + gamers only can deposit. :clap

ToraToraTora said:

we need richo going upto the whole olympic netball team,and fathering a kid to all of them

tigertigertigertiger said:
we need richo going upto the whole olympic netball team,and fathering a kid to all of them

Other than netball not being an olympic sport this is the best idea ever

bullus_hit said:
I'm not knocking the Knights recruitment, just highlighting the fact that he's been given a fat contract as opposed to being rookie listed for nix. Form wise, their both in the same boat yet people are getting their knickers in a twist over the guy who comes with very little risk.

Crows got no compensation for Knights leaving which means is he is on a below average $ contract