Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Re: Petrard will be Rookied

zippadeee said:
Come on man how about turtle miller???
He is/was the slowest footballer I've ever seen, opps I almost forgot Jurica..
I'm with you 100%.

Do you know that Jurica could run the 100m in a tick over 11 secs ? It was one of the reasons we recruited him at the time.

jb03 said:
Proven match winner?? The Dees have barely won a game for years. Adding Pettard as a rookie is as much of a waste of a rookie spot as Maric was always going to be. Pettard has been deplorable in the last couple of years. Picking up Melbourne discards is a complete waste of time.

Short memory there JB, it seems you've already erased our Melbourne loss last year where Petterd had a lazy 14 tackles.

Doesn't matter how much depth you have if it's a quagmire of mediocrity.

bullus_hit said:
Short memory there JB, it seems you've already erased our Melbourne loss last year where Petterd had a lazy 14 tackles.

Wow a one game sample from eons ago and you are pumping up his tackling. So impressive that he managed 4 games in 2012 in a injury hit rabble.

Big pass.

jb03 said:
Wow a one game sample from eons ago and you are pumping up his tackling. So impressive that he managed 4 games in 2012 in a injury hit rabble.

Big pass.

One season ago is hardly aeons, this season he's been plagued with achilles problems so only harsh judge would be singling out those performances. Petterd actually performed well under Bailey, but like many of his peers he's had an ordinary 12 months. Based on form, there's very little difference between him and Knights, yet one is on a fat contract and the other will be on minimum wages.

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
Shallow and petty but my word is my word: there goes my gold membership.

You'd give up your membership due to a lowly rookie selection? Is there even any official word we're taking him?

bullus_hit said:
One season ago is hardly aeons, this season he's been plagued with achilles problems so only harsh judge would be singling out those performances. Petterd actually performed well under Bailey, but like many of his peers he's had an ordinary 12 months. Based on form, there's very little difference between him and Knights, yet one is on a fat contract and the other will be on minimum wages.
A guy that is iffy at best and has achilles problems. An even bigger pass.

jb03 said:
A guy that is iffy at best and has achilles problems. An even bigger pass.

The injury problems aside, he's definitely AFL quality, questions need to be asked about his physical condition but I don't think you or I are in a position to make a sound judgement on that.

bullus_hit said:
The injury problems aside, he's definitely AFL quality, questions need to be asked about his physical condition but I don't think you or I are in a position to make a sound judgement on that.

I think jimbob has a point. Whilst perhaps AFL quality, Petterd was hardly an outstanding player before his very serious injuries. It really is difficult to see him offering much.

Tigers of Old said:
I think jimbob has a point. Whilst perhaps AFL quality, Petterd was hardly an outstanding player before his very serious injuries. It really is difficult to see him offering much.

So given Knights has been floundering in the reserves for 12 months should we also question his worth?

Am starting to think nay hope we get him. Many didn't want Grigg or Houli or Maric and they have turned out alright, oh and by Maric I do mean the Ivan variety not the Addam. So if the past is anything to go by then I look forward to him coming.

As for his achilles imagine what would have happened if we past up the last person we recruited with achilles issues he is now our captain and a bonafide superstar.

rookie chance=small outlay,on slim chance he comes good,

Mainly depth,but with afl experiance if needed to be called upon.

We gotta get away from picking up rejects from crap clubs. Better to pick up those from good clubs that couldn't get a game because of the depth.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
2013 is finals or bust for Dimma. The age/experience card has been torn up.

Why do you think he trying these retreads? He knows next year could be his last.
If our season ends in June like it has in the last 12 years, watch Choco step in as caretaker.
Wait and see

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
2013 is finals or bust for Dimma. The age/experience card has been torn up.

We went through this 4 years ago with Wallace, fans will give you time when you play the kids. But if you recruit veteran players (Cousins, McMahon) on the assumption that the corner is turned then expectation bar gets raised exponentially.

This will be by far Dimma’s hardest year. The expectations are much higher than they have been previously.

I really don't get the angst towards getting Petterd as a rookie. He is a quality player when he is up and about and if we believe we can get him right he is an absolute steal at very minimal cost, IMO.
Will be very happy if he comes to the Tiges.
At the same time I really wish we had added Tom Schneider to our list at no cost.

Anyway, if the rumour is true we will get, Petterd, a back up ruckman of some description and possibly two others.

zippadeee said:
Why do you think he trying these retreads? He knows next year could be his last.
If our season ends in June like it has in the last 12 years, watch Choco step in as caretaker.
Wait and see

You really do speak a lot of crap sometimes.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
We went through this 4 years ago with Wallace, fans will give you time when you play the kids. But if you recruit veteran players (Cousins, McMahon) on the assumption that the corner is turned then expectation bar gets raised exponentially.

This will be by far Dimma’s hardest year. The expectations are much higher than they have been previously.

He is hardly a veteran.

Anyway, I'll go back to letting the majority go off half cocked and working themselves into a frenzy. Enjoy.