Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Leysy Days said:
The two question marks for leysy, despite his goal on the weekend is he clean enough by foot? he also needs to stay on his feet better. Two things along with winning your own ball that defines a player.

He's looked really neat by foot to me so far. Haven't paid close enough attention to comment on his ability to stay on his feet. Agreed it's a vital skill to have though.

Disco08 said:
He's looked really neat by foot to me so far.

Me too Disco. Has a great pass on him often under pressure too. I think he's very clean with his hands and feet. Classy player.
No evidence of the leap yet, that's been missing if anything.

taztiger4 said:
Freo @ spewbiaco, I remember it well !

He did it twice. Against Freo and also against the Crows the night it rained and thousand rains at Footy Park. Brodders cleared the ball from a contest with a kick off the ground, gathered, spotted up BenHs who slotted it from 35 on the run on a fairly tight angle.

Tigers of Old said:
Me too Disco. Has a great pass on him often under pressure too. I think he's very clean with his hands and feet. Classy player.
No evidence of the leap yet, that's been missing if anything.

Give him time with his leap. His turn and sprint to score that 9 pointer was a great sign that his body is getting better and over his achilles issues.

As one of my Melb supporting mates keeps telling me, the proof will be in the pudding when it is his turn to go and he squibs it. He is not a Steve Morris type hardman, but he doesn't seem to be a Brett Allison wimp either.

The impressive thing about the winning goal (aside from the obvious) was that he turned on a dime and burned off his opponent with pace. Difficult things to do unless your achilles is healed.

Forget the 9 pointer, it's pretty clear he has a little bit of class , and he might be able to bring that to the table.

At this stage still on the rookie list -

Ghost of 29 said:
He did it twice. Against Freo and also against the Crows the night it rained and thousand rains at Footy Park. Brodders cleared the ball from a contest with a kick off the ground, gathered, spotted up BenHs who slotted it from 35 on the run on a fairly tight angle.

Was impressive but IIRC we told him to go coz he was a bit of a troublemaker?

Disco08 said:
He's looked really neat by foot to me so far.

His foot skills are great, not sure why Leysy would chose that of all things to pot him for. Probably his best attribute. Seemed to remember him taking quite a few hangers at Melbourne as well.

They need to play Jimmy half forward or at least wing this week.

Yeah for sure. We're loaded in defense anyway. Maybe they're playing these guys down there ATM for versatility's sake? Having a bunch of guys that can play half forward, half back and outside mid would be pretty handy.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
The impressive thing about the winning goal (aside from the obvious) was that he turned on a dime and burned off his opponent with pace. Difficult things to do unless your achilles is healed.

Yep. Not just a case of it being healed, but that he has confidence in it.

davidrodan said:
Does anyone else think he looks like Bear Grylls?

No he looks like actor Jeremy Renner who was in the latest Bourne movie.

Renner:
Jeremy+Renner+Stars+Premiere+Avengers+London+BMwflEH9I64l.jpg

Petterd:
PETTERD%20Ricky.png

TigerForce said:
Was impressive but IIRC we told him to go coz he was a bit of a troublemaker?

I thought it was a case of not being very good?? Looking back at our list in those years almost makes you sick for how bad it was.

Foxtrot said:
Yeah agree re the Renner comparison.
yeah, my son said he looked like the dude from Hurt Locker/ The Town - had to agree. Didn't realise he was in Bourne as well.

Doesn't matter who he looks like. Who he is, is Jimmy Ricard.

evo said:
Doesn't matter who he looks like. Who he is, is Jimmy Ricard.

Sing it proud my brother

J.R., Jimmy Recard!
Raise your glass for the king of the bar
It’s J.R., Jimmy Recard!
Women swinging their bras, ladies swinging their bra
For J.R., Jimmy Recard!
All my people singing hoorah hoorah
For J.R., come and get down with J.R.