Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Ricky as the first rookie elevated.

rosy23 said:
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Ricky as the first rookie elevated.

Another good game and ill think we'll see that happen.

Really looked the part last night,no complaints from me if he gets elevated.

Tigers of Old said:
Yep quite clean by hand and foot, didn't panic and made good decisions.
Made a bit of a mockery of those who thought he shouldn't be playing in defence.

:clap :clap :clap

Demonstrated clean skills, sound decision making and more importantly a desire to prove people wrong. Reaffirms why the club recruited him....he is clearly not one dimensional as some here thought.

Thanks John Doe. I was aware, somewhat rhetorical question, but surely they could see the talent. Sure he ain't Cotch, but I have always thought he could be a decent player in pretty much any team. You'd reckon he wouldve been above plenty at the Dees.

se7en said:
Injury prone and struggled to play consistent footy.

Consistency is the key here.

One swallow doesn't make a summer, and Ricky has to get the message that he played well last night, but that he has to do that week in week out.

tbartiger said:
Hey Evo, not sure if its been mentioned before about your use of Jimmy Pettard, but are you referencing the Drapht song "Jimmy Recard"? Was my first thought, great song if so.
yeah I am. Posted the song a few pages back :)

I thought Jimmy was pretty good last night. Quietly hoping he plays round 1.

Was good up back but it's a case of who plays the forward roles after Jack and Vickery? Judging from the games last night the options are very break. I think we could fill the HB sweeper role easier than we can fill the HF role.

evo said:
yeah I am. Posted the song a few pages back :)

I thought Jimmy was pretty good last night. Quietly hoping he plays round 1.

Cheers mate, read about the first ten pages and since it became quite circular I skipped. Must have restarted a page or so after you posted it.
Good song and I shall officially join you in calling him Jimmy. Was the Ghost our last Jimmy?