Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

el Mondo said:
I like your work Zip, even if I don't agree with it - ignore the bleeding hearts.

Maybe our work is similar to anothe Club:

Rhys Shaw - Bachar Houli
Mumford - The Mullet
Richards - Chaplin
Kennedy - Grigg
McGlynn - Knights
Morton - Edwards

Hardly carbon copies, but you can see the relationship.

Our Coaches are paid for their opinions and to put them to effect them, we are not, but it doesn't mean we can't have some all the same eh Zip?.

That that's very nice, BUT I would have McGlynn, Kennedy & Richards in a heart beat.
McGlynn I've always liked since the day he carved up Didak,
Richards because he just seems to always out mark his opponent
And Kennedy because he marks, kicks and tackles very well. Top player!

Now Moz, I did say they were hardly carbon copies. When Kennedy went to Sydney it hardly raised an eyebrow. Think that deal ended up McGlynn, Kennedy for Stratton (effectively). Kennedy of 2012 was nearing elite, but it wasn't even a fleeting hope back then. My comparison was more a case of two mids struggling to get a regualr senior game and surplus to former Club's needs.

And Zips, who wouldn't want those players straight off a premiership. Three to fours years back it was a different story. That's more the fact from my comment - sorry you missed it ;)

el Mondo said:
Now Moz, I did say they were hardly carbon copies. When Kennedy went to Sydney it hardly raised an eyebrow.

You did say that but I would hardly say that Kennedy going to Sydney barely raised an eyebrow. I know a lot of Hawks supporters including my best mate who I talk footy to all the time. We were both gobsmacked that Kennedy went there... He was showing great signs at Hawthorn and was a 3rd generation player with a big body and a lot of upside. We have since learned that the Hawks gave their blessing to this trade but this is only becasue they were so chuffed at winning the flag and felt their midfield would last forever hence not giving him a proper go in there. BAD mistake! I suspect that decision will haunt them for quite some time and in that sense they deserved to lost the grand final.

The fact that Kennedy and Grigg weren't getting proper goes at their former clubs is about the only thing those two have in common. In fact your comparisons have made me realize just how far ahead of us Sydney are.

Really? The other 5 would be pretty close no? How about a comparison of what each group cost their new clubs in terms of draft picks?

Disco08 said:
Really? The other 5 would be pretty close no? How about a comparison of what each group cost their new clubs in terms of draft picks?

Agree disco. Thought it was a good comparison including the Kennedy one (two different players but both doing very well in the roles they play for their clubs).

TigerMoz said:
I would put money on the coaches already having addressed this with him.

They can address it all they like. Edwards is 29, he's never been strong defensively and he won't change now. We've tried to change this part of many players in the past, and it usually only gets limited success. Edwards will need to consisitently kick goals to earn his spot, no more, no less.

GoodOne said:
They can address it all they like. Edwards is 29, he's never been strong defensively and he won't change now. We've tried to change this part of many players in the past, and it usually only gets limited success. Edwards will need to consisitently kick goals to earn his spot, no more, no less.

I think it was nice of the tigers to draft Coburg a key forward given it is the last year of the alignment. I’m sure Elton and Mc Bean will appreciate the bigger body around them whilst they learn their trade.

With Riewoldt, Vickery and one of either Astbury, McGuan or Griffiths up forward there is simply no room for Edwards.

BluesBloke said:
No punishment pffft typical culture ey. :rofl

He would have been rewarded with the captaincy at Carlton such is the disgusting cheating law breaking culture that exists at that club any club that deems it fit to not punish someone who is a repeat offender should keep out of any discussion involving any sort of punishment handed out or not handed out to anyone.

brigadiertiger said:
He would have been rewarded with the captaincy at Carlton such is the disgusting cheating law breaking culture that exists at that club any club that deems it fit to not punish someone who is a repeat offender should keep out of any discussion involving any sort of punishment handed out or not handed out to anyone.
Not a fan of punctuation? :p

FWIW Fevola was never rewarded with the captaincy at Carlton. Nor was Lawrence Angwin or Karl Norman, or Heath Scotland, or Eddie Betts, or Houlihan, or Walker, or Koutoufides after that 'disgraceful' boots scandal. Judd must have done something pretty bad to get the captaincy...which means Murphy or whoever gets it for season 2013 is the next Ivan Milat. :cutelaugh

Typical disgusting pathetic Carlton supporters making light of serial kilkers although would expect nothing less. If I really wanted to read Carlton apologist rubbish I would have gone to big footy.

brigadiertiger said:
Typical disgusting pathetic Carlton supporters making light of serial kilkers although would expect nothing less. If I really wanted to read Carlton apologist rubbish I would have gone to big footy.
You'll like this one then Bridal....today I went for a *smile* and I didn't flush the urinal. Typical disgusting Carlton supporter behaviour. :rofl :rofl :rofl

Funny you should say that. Today I took a dump in a toilet and what came out was a Carlton supporter and when I pressed the button it went off and joined all the other Carlton supporters.

Disco08 said:

Rhys Shaw - Bachar Houli Rhys runs and carries better. Better under pressure. Can tag. Runner up BS medal 2011.
Mumford - The Mullet Fairly comparable. Both finished 2nd and 3rd respectively in club B&F in first year.
Richards - Chaplin Richards AA... Chaplin's done nothing yet.
Kennedy - Grigg Kennedy much tougher. Most would tip him to win a brownlow before Grigg. Super coach has Grigg at 453k Kennedy at 604k
McGlynn - Knights Impossible to tell because like Chaplin Knights has done nothing yet.
Morton - Edwards S. Edwards or the other? Shane has Morton covered. Aaron is an unknown quantity. Fairly comparable you would think.

Comparisons:

Rhys Shaw - Traded to Sydney for pick #46 in 2008 - Bachar Houli - Pick #3 in 2010 pre-season draft
Mumford - traded to Sydney for pick #28 in 2009. - The Mullet - Traded for pick #37 in 2011 draft
Richards - traded to Sydney for picks 19 & 51 (dempsey & Lonergan) in 2005 - Chaplin - Free Agent
Kennedy - traded with Ben McGlynn to Sydney in 2009 for picks 39, 46 & 70 - Grigg - straight swap for Andrew Collins in late 2010
McGlynn - traded with Josh Kennedy to Sydney in 2009 for picks 39, 46 & 70 - Knights - Free Agent
Morton - traded to Sydney for pick #79 in 2011 - S. Edwards - pick #26 in 2006 national draft or A. Edwards traded for pick #74

The Tigers are clearly on top with regards to what was paid for players. Sydney however didn't give up any high draft picks.

All up they gave #19, 28, 39, 46, 46, 51, 70, 79 all outside of the FA period. Nobody can argue that Sydney know how to deal. Tigers know how to find a bargain also.

brigadiertiger said:
Funny you should say that. Today I took a dump in a toilet and what came out was a Carlton supporter and when I pressed the button it went off and joined all the other Carlton supporters.
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

This guy! :cutelaugh

What have you been eating?? I'd be very concerned if I were you.

Give us another one. :angel:

brigadiertiger said:

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :hihi :hihi :hihi :hihi :hihi :hihi :hihi
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

You need to put that on the Jokes thread

BluesBloke said:
You'll like this one then Bridal....today I went for a p!ss and I didn't flush the urinal. Typical disgusting Carlton supporter behaviour. :rofl :rofl :rofl
The more important question BB gun is did you wash your hands? Cartoon has a reputation for hiding their hands behind their backs n proclaiming they're sweet.