Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Disco08 said:
Do you think the good performances against sides like Sydney, Hawthorn, West Coast, Collingwood and Geelong were flukes?

What they are doing list management wise is nothing like the Wallace era. Tell me how you can possibly think that when we've brought in more juniors and made more list changes than any other side since 2009.

This

Disco08 said:
Do you think the good performances against sides like Sydney, Hawthorn, West Coast, Collingwood and Geelong were flukes?

What they are doing list management wise is nothing like the Wallace era. Tell me how you can possibly think that when we've brought in more juniors and made more list changes than any other side since 2009.

I don't mind players from other clubs, but go and snag someone that will make a difference.
We have chased anything that looks like a footballer over he last 15 years. But again this group again chases the team filler not a bloke that will make a difference. Kennedy from hawthorn?? Clark from Brisbane, caddy from GC.
Not these car wrecks. Knights the bloke farts and miss's 10 weeks, Edwards, even when north were playing finals he was kicking less then Nahas and Pettard , no comment..

This has all happened, not because of this *smile* "experince" line but because these could be his last year.
Now tell me how this dosent match Wallace in his last year???

It doesn't match Wallace's time in the slightest. It's your imagination at play assuming that these moves are panic where there is actually nothing to suggest that. Improving depth and experience to support the multitude of juniors we've brought in (hence fielding a younger team than our opponents week in week out and struggling when injuries to key players occured) is the actual reason these moves were made just as they say it is.

Wallace and Miller traded away plenty of valuable picks whereas Cameron and Hardwick have done the exact opposite.

If you want a player that we've snagged that's made a difference, how about Ivan? Grigg is too given his output and low cost but you can't see that obviously. Chaplin is the perfect type to compliment Rance and Grimes and will improve our structure substantially. Knights' best is very good and for free, why wouldn't we want to see if we can get it out of him?

Disco08 said:
It doesn't match Wallace's time in the slightest. It's your imagination at play assuming that these moves are panic where there is actually nothing to suggest that. Improving depth and experience to support the multitude of juniors we've brought in (hence fielding a younger team than our opponents week in week out and struggling when injuries to key players occured) is the actual reason these moves were made just as they say it is.

Wallace and Miller traded away plenty of valuable picks whereas Cameron and Hardwick have done the exact opposite.

If you want a player that we've snagged that's made a difference, how about Ivan? Grigg is too given his output and low cost but you can't see that obviously. Chaplin is the perfect type to compliment Rance and Grimes and will improve our structure substantially. Knights' best is very good and for free, why wouldn't we want to see if we can get it out of him?

Lets wait and see...

keeping in mind we got A.Edwards for a draft pick we wern't going to use, he's cost us nothing!
Wallace would have used a 2nd rounder to get him

Some of our mature age trades of late have been quite good.

The Mullet for - pick 37 was it ? Fantastic season - absolute rolled gold pick up
Houli - freebie from the bummers - has been useful
Grigg - for Collins - have had plenty more out of grigg than we ever got from Andy - who I hope does a bit better this year at Carlton.
Mini Maric - rookie pick - didn't work - big deal.

We traded no early picks this year. Still used our draft picks appropriately on kids as we should. It's not like we have given anything up for Chaplin, Knights, Stephenson, Lonergan, Petterd, Edwards - they will add some depth & we let go some guys who didn't make it & weren't giving us anything.

If Chaplin & Knights give us something - I'll be happy.........if any of the other blokes give us anything......I'll be ecstatic.

zippadeee said:
The close loss's weren't caused by the players, but super coach getting out coached.
People forget we were up by 8 goals to Adelaide also and found a way to loose.

Inexperience lost us the close games. It's LOSE.

Jonesracing82 said:
keeping in mind we got A.Edwards for a draft pick we wern't going to use, he's cost us nothing!

Relax, a 1st rounder + Deledio

But this bloke isn't far behind. Super coach

Jonesracing82 said:

The wisdom of the Recruitment team at Richmond taking Edwards and passing on the chance of getting Rory Atkins, Sam Colquhoun or Jack Hannath will be shown in the coming years.

zippadeee said:

This bloke has come in and put rebuilding and development before success. He's sacrificed his record to get games into kids who will hopefully be part of the future. This bloke also engineered good performances against top sides this year despite having teams invariably way behind in experience and age. What exactly is it that you think makes him such a bad coach?

Disco08 said:
This bloke has come in and put rebuilding and development before success. He's sacrificed his record to get games into kids who will hopefully be part of the future. This bloke also engineered good performances against top sides this year despite having teams invariably way behind in experience and age. What exactly is it that you think makes him such a bad coach?

Again let's wait and see, what do you think choco's there for ? To comb his hair!

RedanTiger said:
The wisdom of the Recruitment team at Richmond taking Edwards and passing on the chance of getting Rory Atkins, Sam Colquhoun or Jack Hannath will be shown in the coming years.

Yep, it's the opportunity cost which worries me most, all three of those guys I'd take over Edwards.

zippadeee said:
Again let's wait and see, what do you think choco's there for ? To comb his hair!

As a development coach as his job description says.

Why wait ans see? You're the one saying he's not much better than Wallace. Tell us why exactly.

zippadeee said:

You're getting boring with this Hardwick stuff, pick something else to drone on about for a while (not Grigg please)
Not sure how you put Hardwick and Wallace in the same bucket, oceans apart.

B1

B1 and B2 said:
You're getting boring with this Hardwick stuff, pick something else to drone on about for a while (not Grigg please)
Not sure how you put Hardwick and Wallace in the same bucket, oceans apart.

B1

exactly right, Zip is increasingly reminding me of a poor unemployed wannabe journo who would love to right about us failing again so he can get a job at the Herald Sun. either that or he's an opposition supporter who can't wait to rub it in once again.
i personally love the Job Dimma has done so far, rebuilt the club from the ground up and has achieved every target he has set. has another one to achieve this season which hasn't even begun yet and already there's haters out there seemingly hoping it fails.

P.S i know it's the off-season and it's tedious & boring but it's 37 days till the nab so till then try thinking positive - i know you can do it.

Jonesracing82 said:
exactly right, Zip is increasingly reminding me of a poor unemployed wannabe journo who would love to right about us failing again so he can get a job at the Herald Sun. either that or he's an opposition supporter who can't wait to rub it in once again.
i personally love the Job Dimma has done so far, rebuilt the club from the ground up and has achieved every target he has set. has another one to achieve this season which hasn't even begun yet and already there's haters out there seemingly hoping it fails.

Zips is a very passionate supporter of the club hence why he's gone nutty over all the crazy decisions and directions RFC has taken over the last 30 years. It's not his fault the club has warped his perspective to become somewhat deranged to the point where he no longer has the ability to switch off when occasion demands but thankfully we now have a strong administration that have the best 'long term' interests of the club at hand. Just by reading the threads on this forum you can see that they are building (and re-building) new bridges all the time in order "to be great" as Benny puts it. Zips will soon come back to the light.. maybe...

Yes they could have saved their 72nd pick and potentially grabbed one of Rory Atkins, Sam Colquhoun or Jack Hannath however hindsight will no doubt tell us that there were also other picks that would have been great pickups. The fact is that you do the best with the information and needs that are at hand. I don't think we can doubt that they were very well prepared coming into this draft and FA period. You can't pick them all and obviously if one of the above becomes a Scott Selwood then they got it wrong. The dice rolls again...

We needed to re-build and have brought in more 18yo's than any other established club in Dimma's reign. Not only that but we also got 580 games into the juniors before 2012 (with senior players missing out - Tuck mainly). As far as A. Edwards goes he's a dead eye *smile* shooter and a really useful depth player. Will he prove more useful than the above mentioned players? In the short term probably yes, long term probably no. Will we draft more 18yo's next year? Yes. Do we need insurance for this season???

The reality is that AE might be useless and might be great over the next couple of seasons but the club doesn't have the luxury of hindsight to make that decision.

Jonesracing82 said:
P.S i know it's the off-season and it's tedious & boring but it's 37 days till the nab so till then try thinking positive - i know you can do it.

So looking forward to it ;)

RedanTiger said:

:rofl its already been stated why we got edwards to help fill the void and help develop younger guys like elton and o'hanlon in the coming years those guys you mentioned will still be playing with there undies while elton and o'hanlon will be wearing g'f medals

it's getting pretty boring with all the insults on who we got this pre season let the season pass before making judgement

Tigion said:
:rofl its already been stated why we got edwards to help fill the void and help develop younger guys like elton and o'hanlon in the coming years those guys you mentioned will still be playing with there undies while elton and o'hanlon will be wearing g'f medals

it's getting pretty boring with all the insults on who we got this pre season let the season pass before making judgement

We are a diverse bunch aren't we.