Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Disco08 said:
And you accuse me of immature posting. Pathetic.
Where did I do that and by that statement I assume you're insinuating moist posting is immature ? If so, what specifically ?

Hundreds of AFL players would have been to the cricket and had a few beers with their mates over the years without incident. Quite a few might have been in scuffles but mobile phones didn't have cameras built in until recently. It's not asking for trouble. It's living life.
How many have thrown stuff at other patrons ?

Did you even notice the story of the eyewitness that said there wasn't really much trouble and that the players didn't deserve to be ejected? What about the bit in that article that said Petterd left of his own accord?
Some say they did nothing, some say they were pissed and started the agro. Photos support the latter, but you're choosing to dismiss those.

Why are you assuming Petterd's actions escalated the situation and why are you assuming he was p!ssed?
Because the reports said that's where it started and that they were drunk.

TigerForce said:
This incident somehow seems worse than the Edwards one on Cox Plate day. Is there something we don't know Baloon? ;D

Not worse at all, but then I didn't see a mob of apologists taking Edward's side trying to excuse what he did as harmless fun that shouldn't reflect on him.

Baloo said:
Where did I do that and by that statement I assume you're insinuating moist posting is immature ? If so, what specifically ?

Only the last statement about E's and alcohol.

Baloo said:
How many have thrown stuff at other patrons ?

How should I know? How do you know he wasn't throwing it to someone like Yinnar suggested. Might make sense given the beer snake made of hundreds of identical cups in the area, no?

Baloo said:
Some say they did nothing, some say they were p!ssed and started the agro. Photos support the latter, but you're choosing to dismiss those.

A photo of Petterd gently lobbing a cup that could have been taken at any time doesn't support anything. Neither does a photo of him in a scuffle that could have been instigated by the other person. Rivers was apparently pretty pissed off with the same bloke Maybe he (the other bloke, not Rivers) was pissed and asking for it.

Baloo said:
Because the reports said that's where it started and that they were drunk.

News reports said they were drunk. Really?

It's been fun but a New Year Party beckons and I'm off to get Petterded.

Have a safe and happy New Year.

Baloo said:
It's been fun but a New Year Party beckons and I'm off to get Petterded.

Have a safe and happy New Year.

See you in the news. ;D

Stay quiet to the girls or you'll get Gussed.

Jesus, would hate to see what this thread would be like if he actually did something as bad as dabbling in substances or keeping bad company....

skybeau said:
But wait, there's this too!

rickypettardkfc.gif

Seems legit. Not sure if it's a lob or a smash or a topspin forehand though.

Classic :hihi

zgod said:
Jesus, would hate to see what this thread would be like if he actually did something as bad as dabbling in substances or keeping bad company....

Agree. Imagine if he actual did something wrong.
I hate it when goody goodies start preaching to the rest of us on how we should live our lives.

se7en said:
I hate it when goody goodies start preaching to the rest of us on how we should live our lives.

Not us mere mortals se7en just the AFL superstars. They are supposed to be wrapped up in tissue paper and hidden away behind closed doors and out of harms way before lining up and going out to battle.

Exceptions are made of course if it is a private party with no cameras, then they can do whatever they like as long as they turn up to training on time.

zgod said:
Simply outrageous behaviour by AFL players nowadays.

Wonder which rates as the most extreme non event
Petterds brutal assault on a cricket patron or Walkers extended drinking session with his mates while having a day off.

In Breaking News Breaking News Breaking News

The club called a secret extraordinary meeting of the leadership group last night that went on for 10 hours to take a stance on the Bay 13 crisis
The leadership group have come up with the ruling that Ricky Petterd is to be pelted with 1000 empty plastic cups from 5 metres
Ricky is reported to be shattered and left the meeting immediately after hearing the news. Went home where he is being consoled by his family
The club has invited anyone who is free from acting silly after having a few :beer :beer to come to Punt Rd and cast the first plastic cup

btoz_01 said:
In Breaking News Breaking News Breaking News

The club called a secret extraordinary meeting of the leadership group last night that went on for 10 hours to take a stance on the Bay 13 crisis
The leadership group have come up with the ruling that Ricky Petterd is to be pelted with 1000 empty plastic cups from 5 metres
Ricky is reported to be shattered and left the meeting immediately after hearing the news. Went home where he is being consoled by his family
The club has invited anyone who is free from acting silly after having a few :beer :beer to come to Punt Rd and cast the first plastic cup

Not what I heard, Petard's punishment, is that he has to go through an entire season without getting a calf, thigh, Achilles or ankle injury.
"That's going to be almost impossible for me, but I will try my best" Pettard leaving punt road last night

btoz_01 said:

"Let he who is without sin cast the first cup" or something like that?

When you sign up for Richmond FC you sign up to everything the club stands for and it does not stand for that behaviour. It is a nationally known club that is trying to reach members in every state and territory and always, yes always, display itself in the best possible light. If he had a job as a brick layer with no national profile then his behaviour would not have been news the way it was displayed. If you don't like this attention then change jobs. If you want to be a Richmond FC player then you have to abide by the rules of the club and the league. Employment at RFC is optional, he can always leave if he can not cope with the expectations around it.

I do not have a high profile job but my employment conditions has behavioural expectations in it (inside and outside of work hours).

So grow up people and if you don't like your employment restrcitions change your job!

TimTamMan said:
When you sign up for Richmond FC you sign up to everything the club stands for and it does not stand for that behaviour. It is a nationally known club that is trying to reach members in every state and territory and always, yes always, display itself in the best possible light. If he had a job as a brick layer with no national profile then his behaviour would not have been news the way it was displayed. If you don't like this attention then change jobs. If you want to be a Richmond FC player then you have to abide by the rules of the club and the league. Employment at RFC is optional, he can always leave if he can not cope with the expectations around it.

I do not have a high profile job but my employment conditions has behavioural expectations in it (inside and outside of work hours).

So grow up people and if you don't like your employment restrcitions change your job!

I'm afraid half the competition would be sacked if the line was set at lobbing an empty platic cup in Bay 13. Let's just start with the antics of premiership coach Alistair Clakson. Firstly he smashes a wall in the coaches box which is deliberately damaging MCG property and he then follows that up by abusing an under 9's football official with language which would make Brendan Fevola cringe. Is he fit for coaching you may ask? Would he be welcome at Richmond if Hardwick failed to make the grade? I think you'll find his behaviour or 'passion' as some would put it, would be conveniently ignored if we were in the hunt for his services.

bullus_hit said:
Big deal, this isn't the 1980's when Bay 13 exuded all it's yobbo charm, you'd hardly even know it was once a hotbed for beer swilling bogans. It's embarrassingly tame by those standards, you'd probably get evicted for picking your nose nowadays.

Right on. It's a lame-ass area for 18 year old middle class wannabes.

bullus_hit said:
I'm afraid half the competition would be sacked if the line was set at lobbing an empty platic cup in Bay 13. Let's just start with the antics of premiership coach Alistair Clakson. Firstly he smashes a wall in the coaches box which is deliberately damaging MCG property and he then follows that up by abusing an under 9's football official with language which would make Brendan Fevola cringe. Is he fit for coaching you may ask? Would he be welcome at Richmond if Hardwick failed to make the grade? I think you'll find his behaviour or 'passion' as some would put it, would be conveniently ignored if we were in the hunt for his services.

What about Mick Malthouse calling the tiprat a rapist on the siren break, and sheedy putting his finger across his throat (gesturing that the throat was being cut)

And Ratten for acting like a circus animal throughout an entire game ;D