Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Baloo said:
Throwing stuff at other patrons, no matter how limp wrested the toss.

Meh. Lobbing a plastic cup at someone doesn't seem too wild. What if the person he was aiming for had provoked him?

Baloo said:
So Petterd was being an idiot or not ? I'm not sure what photos from 40 years ago have to do with it.

NO! Not by a long shot -

On the other hand it's nothing that he can't learn from if need be.

Also, I'd trust Ricky Petterd with my life before i'd put my trust in either the Murdoch press or hired security guards

richmond_players_dressing_room_mcg_1980.jpg

Disco08 said:
Meh. Lobbing a plastic cup at someone doesn't seem too wild. What if the person he was aiming for had provoked him?

Really ? As someone that runs a small F&B establishment I'm surprised you think throwing stuff at other patrons is nothing to worry about.

tigertrue said:
NO! Not by a long shot -

On the other hand it's nothing that he can't learn from if need be.

Also, I'd trust Ricky Petterd with my life before i'd put my trust in either the Murdoch press or hired security guards

Ok, so throwing stuff at other patrons, most likely who are already drunk, is not even close to being idiotic, what would you consider idiotic behavior ? Where is the line ? Or is it a case f he's an RFC player so he can do what he wants and it's the other persons fault ?

Baloo said:
Really ? As someone that runs a small F&B establishment I'm surprised you think throwing stuff at other patrons is nothing to worry about.

No cafe or restaurant in the country bears any resemblance whatsoever to bay 13 on Boxing Day. Be that as it may, I've had a kid fire a nerf gun at me on curry night once. Hardly offensive and yet probably more dangerous than a lobbed plastic cup.

Disco08 said:
No cafe or restaurant in the country bears any resemblance whatsoever to bay 13 on Boxing Day.
Agree. It's more likely that the drunk sun baked Bay 13 crowd at the G will react more aggressively to a thrown object than in a cafe. And it did.

Baloo said:
Agree. It's more likely that the drunk sun baked Bay 13 crowd at the G will react more aggressively to a thrown object than in a cafe. And it did.

Dear Lord. Is he OK?

tigertrue said:
If that old chestnut made it through to the keeper I'm betting you are!

Hardly a Gen Yer. But you seemed intent on avoiding the question so I gathered there was no point continuing.

it will be a pity when the footy season starts and conversation on here turns to boring unimportant issues like maybe football.

Baloo said:
Hardly a Gen Yer. But you seemed intent on avoiding the question so I gathered there was no point continuing.

You want me to draw a line for you?

Ok. Give it up before it kills you.

(- tonight presents you with a stupendous opportunity) :)

tigertrue said:
You want me to draw a line for you?

Ok. Give it up before it kills you.

(- tonight presents you with a stupendous opportunity) :)

OK, so I'll just put you down as another apologist then.

Apparently they weren't even in Bay 13.

And here's an article from the perspective of a punter sitting a few rows behind them, make of it what you will - http://www.theage.com.au/sport/demons-exorcised-in-mcg-overkill-20121228-2byr9.html

Stylo said:
Apparently they weren't even in Bay 13.

And here's an article from the perspective of a punter sitting a few rows behind them, make of it what you will - http://www.theage.com.au/sport/demons-exorcised-in-mcg-overkill-20121228-2byr9.html

Finally an article reporting the facts and not just some sensationalist garbage.

I have beeen made to leave the overcontrolled MCG along with three balmey army guys when we were having a friendly albit smart ass exchange.
Security also called the police on the 4 of us despite all for of us pleading that we were just having fun.
Havent been back and never wiil again.
Still p155es my off intentetly even while I write this. :mad: :mad: :mad:

bullus_hit said:
Finally an article reporting the facts and not just some sensationalist garbage.

Unless you were actually there though you wouldn't know how accurate the article was.

Could be a Melbourne supporter trying his best to take some heat of his team's players.