Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Tigers of Old said:
If it is I can see why so many young men are turning their backs on the AFL. Next players seen having a beer will be copping it. Oh that's right Taylor Walker has already been through that. The sanitisation of footballers lives is bordering on the ridiculous ATM. All the news for which we have pictures.. :p

And a lot of that is due to the dooooogoooooding fun police who happily drag people down past their levels. Get a grip people.... He didn't urinate on a wall in public, he didnt wave a dildo in front of a rabid media, he didn't drive like a drunken boofhead.....he was having a good time...having a life....whats next Lids being sanctioned because he dropped the f-bomb to an umpire.....

Baloo said:
Google imahge search: petterd throwing glass. A two shot sequence.

That's pretty uninspiring stuff, Ricky throws like a girl, no wonder the other guy got upset, such limpwristed efforts are not worthy of bay 13. I'm not surprised he didn't get evicted, that would be an insult to all the ferals who have truly earnt the walk of shame.

Dear oh dear Ricky, are you a Tiger or a Thai girl? Come to think of it, that's a major insult to all the glass throwing Thai girls I have met in my time. Oh well, what can one expect from a hoity toity chardonnay sipping, Nets loving (code for netball) ex-Demons player.

Baloo said:
Yeah, photo wasn't juicy but it does fit into your category of glass throwing.

Glass: a hard, brittle, noncrystalline, more or less transparent substance produced by fusion, usually consisting of mutually dissolved silica and silicates that also contain soda and lime, as in the ordinary variety used for windows and bottles.

What was thrown was a plastic cup oh my the shame of it all.

brigadiertiger said:
Glass: a hard, brittle, noncrystalline, more or less transparent substance produced by fusion, usually consisting of mutually dissolved silica and silicates that also contain soda and lime, as in the ordinary variety used for windows and bottles.

What was thrown was a plastic cup oh my the shame of it all.

No glass at the cricket thankfully, but you need to pull up bully on his markers as to what constitutes a feral idiot and what doesn't.

bullus_hit said:
Nets loving (code for netball) ex-Demons player.

That to me is the real issue here, Pettard is jumping on the bandwagon of a rubbish and soulless NBA club just because it's flavor of the month while Jay-Z owns a 0.1% share

Baloo said:
No glass at the cricket thankfully, but you need to pull up bully on his markers as to what constitutes a feral idiot and what doesn't.

A feral idiot would be somebody throwing a projectile at a known celebrity to get some attention or worse, causing some serious injury. I stand corrected that Petterd wasn't on the receiving end, my bad, but contrary to some reports that he threw a mug, a bottle or a glass, his crime will go down in history as a ridiculous media beat-up. Even the paper with the pictures describes the object as a mug, obviously to give the impression it was made of glass.

bullus_hit said:
Even the paper with the pictures describes the object as a mug, obviously to give the impression it was made of glass.

maybe the paper meant Pettard was the mug, not the cup.

bullus_hit said:
That's pretty uninspiring stuff, Ricky throws like a girl, no wonder the other guy got upset, such limpwristed efforts are not worthy of bay 13. I'm not surprised he didn't get evicted, that would be an insult to all the ferals who have truly earnt the walk of shame.

Dear oh dear Ricky, are you a Tiger or a Thai girl? Come to think of it, that's a major insult to all the glass throwing Thai girls I have met in my time. Oh well, what can one expect from a hoity toity chardonnay sipping, Nets loving (code for netball) ex-Demons player.

Maybe he plays darts in his spare time. Never got into cricket. Not looking good Ricky :p

Only at PRE would we have posters try to defend the stupid actions of a player, inciting an incident by throwing a drink container at another patron, by diverting the topic by arguing the definition of the word "glass".

To quote from just the first google search:

glass
[glas, glahs] Show IPA
noun
1. a hard, brittle, noncrystalline, more or less transparent substance produced by fusion, usually consisting of mutually dissolved silica and silicates that also contain soda and lime, as in the ordinary variety used for windows and bottles.
2. any artificial or natural substance having similar properties and composition, as fused borax, obsidian, or the like.
3. something made of such a substance, as a windowpane.
4. a tumbler or other comparatively tall, handleless drinking container.
5. glasses, Also called eyeglasses. a device to compensate for defective vision or to protect the eyes from light, dust, and the like, consisting usually of two glass or plastic lenses set in a frame that includes a nosepiece for resting on the bridge of the nose and two sidepieces extending over or around the ears (usually used with pair of ). Compare goggle ( def 1 ) , pince-nez, spectacle ( def 3 ) .

Funny how there were five definitions but only one that misleads was quoted.

And yes, before we get to it - the word "mug" would be incorrect because it requires a handle.
1. A heavy cylindrical drinking cup usually having a handle.

RedanTiger said:
Only at PRE would we have posters try to defend the stupid actions of a player, inciting an incident by throwing a drink container at another patron, by diverting the topic by arguing the definition of the word "glass".

To quote from just the first google search:

glass
[glas, glahs] Show IPA
noun
1. a hard, brittle, noncrystalline, more or less transparent substance produced by fusion, usually consisting of mutually dissolved silica and silicates that also contain soda and lime, as in the ordinary variety used for windows and bottles.
2. any artificial or natural substance having similar properties and composition, as fused borax, obsidian, or the like.
3. something made of such a substance, as a windowpane.
4. a tumbler or other comparatively tall, handleless drinking container.
5. glasses, Also called eyeglasses. a device to compensate for defective vision or to protect the eyes from light, dust, and the like, consisting usually of two glass or plastic lenses set in a frame that includes a nosepiece for resting on the bridge of the nose and two sidepieces extending over or around the ears (usually used with pair of ). Compare goggle ( def 1 ) , pince-nez, spectacle ( def 3 ) .

Funny how there were five definitions but only one that misleads was quoted.

And yes, before we get to it - the word "mug" would be incorrect because it requires a handle.
1. A heavy cylindrical drinking cup usually having a handle.

So a container clearly made of plastic, which last I looked was not glass, is actually a glass.

brigadiertiger said:
So a container clearly made of plastic, which last I looked was not glass, is actually a glass.

Nothing new. Just like McDonalds calling their produce food.

not as silly as this ...

tumblr_m2g8f9KXN31r9lkdj.jpg

(more action from the McGhie...) Remember, Smoking kills!

Baloo said:
You don't think Petterd was an idiot for doing what he was doing where he was doing it ?

Having a couple of drinks watching the cricket on Boxing Day like 100000 others?

tigertrue said:
not as silly as this ...

tumblr_m2g8f9KXN31r9lkdj.jpg

(more action from the McGhie...) Remember, Smoking kills!

So Petterd was being an idiot or not ? I'm not sure what photos from 40 years ago have to do with it.

Disco08 said:
Having a couple of drinks watching the cricket on Boxing Day like 100000 others?

Throwing stuff at other patrons, no matter how limp wrested the toss.