Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

chaz said:
Oh yeah and every one can just waltz ito a corporate box , I am not defending anyone until all the facts come out, but really these guys deserve a life they should be able to go out and have a litte fun, we just ask that they are respectfull of others. I read somewhere that they actually began to cop it when it was pointed out that they were afl players. Wether or not that is true or not, I will wait for the facts

I'd have thought that when your an AFL Player, getting into/affording a Corporate box at the cricket wouldn't be too hard, esp as the players concerned were on snr lists.

Baloo said:
Being an AFL footballer, drunk, in Bay 13, on the Boxing Day test is in itself inexcusable and shows a real lack of the gravity of his playing future. If anything else untoward happened it's just icing n the cake. He's already the wrong person and the wrong place at the wrong time in the wrong condition just by being there p!ssed.

So you were there Baloo? Saw how many beers he'd consumed and knew he was sh!tfaced and causing trouble. As a dedicated Tiger supporter why didn't you take him under your wing and offer him some support n guidance n counselling to ensure he didn't stray over the imaginary line of community good taste.
Perhaps you could have done even better and ensured that he and his mates were protected from the obnoxious bogans who fullfilled their thirty seconds of glory by antagonising a bunch of AFL players.

Me I wasn't there so I couldn't help out or form an unbiased opinion. I have observed on many occaisions how the general public and instant climax media tend to turn an insignificant moment of innocent pleasure into an old fashioned roman orgy.

Couple of boyo's from both sides got a bit of ink in, had some harsh words n security chucked them out. Sounds like par for the course, happens in just about every pub or club in every town in Oz every single weekend of the year.
Only reason for the hysterical ranting is because someone plays footy for an AFL club.

Jonesracing82 said:
Steve Morris was at the Cricket also, but he was in a Corporate box. i know which i think was the smarter choice for an AFL Footballer.

chaz said:
Oh yeah and every one can just waltz ito a corporate box

Morris's mum runs a corporate box at the 'G, or did a couple of years ago. Sister is/was Cameron White's girlfriend. Family is obviously well connected.

Baloo said:
Who is calling for him to be shown the door ?

Follow this thread from page 17 and you will see.

Baloo said:
He is an idiot, simple as that.

A poor decision = idiot... Have you ever made a poor decision?

Baloo said:
He's an AFL footballer on his last chance. He should know he needs to keep his nose clean to make sure he doesn't blow his last chance.

His last chance according to who?

Baloo said:
Being an AFL footballer, drunk, in Bay 13, on the Boxing Day test is in itself inexcusable and shows a real lack of the gravity of his playing future. If anything else untoward happened it's just icing n the cake. He's already the wrong person and the wrong place at the wrong time in the wrong condition just by being there p!ssed.

Guess that means all footy players should never get p!ssed in public places...

Baloo said:
I wonder if the same apologists felt Fev was being hard done by when the media pointed out is drunken escapades. Or felt Cousins was being unfairly targetted.

The sheer fact that you are relating those two players to this incident emphasises my point that too much is being made out of this. Petterd is NOT Fev or Cousins. He has not been found to be a drug addict, gambling addict, wife cheater or complete imbicile on national television.

The club need to get the facts, lay any sanctions as they see fit, give him a stern talking to as they feel appropriate and give him the chance to step up and be better for it. If he goes down the Dan Connors path then his fate is sealed. If he comes back as a better person then great. Let's see what happens and perhaps not over react at this early stage. Fair enough?

TigerMasochist said:
Blah blah, excuse, leave them be, they're just adults, blah blah

They aren't normal young males. They are AFL footballers and know full well anything they do wll make the news. They also know they'll be targetted by knobs becaus ethe are afl footballers.

Watching the cricket is fine. Sitting yourselves in Bay 13 pissed is asking for trouble. Their choice in career comes with its downsides, this is one of them.

TigerMoz said:
Follow this thread from page 17 and you will see.

No I don't. That's why I asked.

A poor decision = idiot... Have you ever made a poor decision?
A poor decisions is wearing crocs with socks. Hitting bay 13 drunk on Boxing Day when he's an afl listed player is being an idiot.

His last chance according to who?
Former listed player from a complete basket case of a club and gets delisted by them. We grab him as a rookie. Do you think he has many more chances left ?

Guess that means all footy players should never get p!ssed in public places...
No, they probably shouldn't especially if the cant handle their grog well. Plenty of AFL players get pissed, but most are smart enough to do it away from the limelight where they can actually enjoy their drink without the attention they draw upon themselves.

The sheer fact that you are relating those two players to this incident emphasises my point that too much is being made out of this. Petterd is NOT Fev or Cousins. He has not been found to be a drug addict, gambling addict, wife cheater or complete imbicile on national television.
Until Fev's troubles really revealed themselves everyone thought he was just a scallywag enjoying a good time and should be left alone. It turns out they were wrong.

The club need to get the facts, lay any sanctions as they see fit, give him a stern talking to as they feel appropriate and give him the chance to step up and be better for it. If he goes down the Dan Connors path then his fate is sealed. If he comes back as a better person then great. Let's see what happens and perhaps not over react at this early stage.
My point is that the simple fact Pettard has forced the club to get involved is proof positive he's an idiot. Why does the club have to investigate ? Why do we have to sanction him ? Why do we need to make media statements? I'll tell you why, because Pettard was where he shouldn't have been while drunk. This is about decisions Pettard made. Wrong ones. I don't really give a damn about him, he's just a rookie we've thrown a lifeline too, but. Hate the fact he's dragged the club into this. We've got better things to do with our resources.

Fair enough?
Who is over reacting? Those calling Pettard out from being the idiot he was, or those scrambling to justify it all away as boys will be boys ?

SCOOP said:
Spot on. We gave this bloke a lifeline because of his poor performance at his old club yet he sees fit to go out with his old team mates and repay the RFC with this rubbish.

Edwards & Pettard have spat in the face of those who threw them a lifeline.

Think of the children.

I reckon if Ghandi, Boutros Boutros Ghali and Mother Theresa played for the Melbourne Football Club, went to the cricket on boxing day and sat in Bay 13, THEY would have struggled to get out of the MCG without getting into a fight.

linuscambridge said:
I reckon if Ghandi, Boutros Boutros Ghali and Mother Theresa played for the Melbourne Football Club, went to the cricket on boxing day and sat in Bay 13, THEY would have struggled to get out of the MCG without getting into a fight.

That's pretty much my point. What we're they thinking, a group of AFL players heading down to Bay 13 on Boxing Day. They were asking for trouble and got it.

Leysy Days said:
Anyone else enjoying Baloo the Darksider. ;D
SCOOP said:
Move over Leysy, we need to open up another spot at the bar. ;D
jb03 said:
I certainly am. We just need brodders now to weigh in and support Baloo.

Settle down ferals, it's just the annual off season flirtation with the lazy side. The sunglasses will be back on soon enough.

jb03 said:
I certainly am. We just need brodders now to weigh in and support Baloo.

pfft. baloozo's creditability is about equal with Zippers these days.
in the past week he has had you & Scooper agree with him. i only hope he is trolling.

Brodders17 said:
pfft. baloozo's creditability is about equal with Zippers these days.
in the past week he has had you & Scooper agree with him. i only hope he is trolling.

Keep me out of this

Seriously why do people believe everything they read,these turds are paid to SELL papers not write the truth.

Bloke has a few beers with his mates at the cricket & suddenly he's an idiot?

These nanny state do gooders are already killing this great country & now they want people to stop having a beer at the cricket?

Bloody unAustralian is all I can say.

Uncle said:
Seriously why do people believe everything they read,these turds are paid to SELL papers not write the truth.

Bloke has a few beers with his mates at the cricket & suddenly he's an idiot?

These nanny state do gooders are already killing this great country & now they want people to stop having a beer at the cricket?

Bloody unAustralian is all I can say.

If we had won the a flag in the last 5 years, no one would care. But we sell papers, people love bagging us and as long as we fail to make finals this will continue .

People are losing touch with reality.....get a grip.

Since when does being an AFL footballer dictate where and what you should do?

Do AFL contracts have a standard clause that says I must deny my friends, not be venture away from my clubrooms?

was unprofessional and an omen for the future.
rfc is trying to become professional and competitive finally.
a slap in the face for those serious athletes at the club who
are doing their best to find sucess.

pete and tys said:
was unprofessional and an omen for the future.
rfc is trying to become professional and competitive finally.
a slap in the face for those serious athletes at the club who
are doing their best to find sucess.
Blah blah blah....professional athletes.....blah blah blah, should've, could've, would've...blah blah blah. Bring on the footy.

So Petterd had a beer at the cricket and was taped by some anonymous person for apparently swearing, that's it? It doesn't seem like a story to me, just a media beat up to sell some papers.

I notice that Marley Williams has taken up the front page now so we can all rest easy.