Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Massai said:
Oops, Dimma will be p!ssed, Petterds new team may be shortlived.

If the content of the alleged abuse to a woman is anything above distasteful then he will be sacked within 24 hours of it going public. And rightly so.

I never go to the cricket, but does the crowd sing out when someone is dismissed?
Bye Bye Bye??
That's what the club should do to him, by the end if today

FFS!

I don't know what annoys me more, the fact Ricky mighty of done this, or that its a story.

The world was a better place before footballers had their private lives covered in depth.

As said in other thread A Edwards and petterd, Not only are they shiyte players they are also trouble. Nice additions to the club. Good role models for dusty and the other kids.
Don't really agree about young having fun etc. Yeah ok but to a point. 99.9% of our other players don't go over the top n get into these situs. Poor all round

Col.W.Kurtz said:
FFS!

I don't know what annoys me more, the fact Ricky mighty of done this, or that its a story.

The world was a better place before footballers had their private lives covered in depth.

The central idea is that footballers are influential thinkers, Colonel. Which is an indictment of the listener not of the footballer IMO.

A long time ago Sam Newman referred to Gary Ablett sr as "The Great Man". It wasn't that long after the girl had od'd in his hotel room. There aren't three people on this planet who think that Gar Ablett sr was a great man.

Irrespective of what Petterd said he is not an influential thinker. His private thoughts, even if expressed in a stupor at the cricket, are of no public consequence.

If his speech is offensive he pays the price for that.

He could make more money stacking shelves but he gets taped at the cricket. Harsh. You wonder how often this has happened to pin-up boys - and we never heard about it.

Dyer'ere said:
The central idea is that footballers are influential thinkers, Colonel. Which is an indictment of the listener not of the footballer IMO.

A long time ago Sam Newman referred to Gary Ablett sr as "The Great Man". It wasn't that long after the girl had od'd in his hotel room. There aren't three people on this planet who think that Gar Ablett sr was a great man.

Irrespective of what Petterd said he is not an influential thinker. His private thoughts, even if expressed in a stupor at the cricket, are of no public consequence.

If his speech is offensive he pays the price for that.

He could make more money stacking shelves but he gets taped at the cricket. Harsh. You wonder how often this has happened to pin-up boys - and we never heard about it.

:clap :clap

And to think Cotch or Lids have never been seen on TV mouthing the F-bomb when a decision has gone against them.....some people need to grab a grip on life. Just because he is now a Richmond Rookie listed player does not mean his life needs to be that of a monk.

Nothing in it pettard. Was the best behaved off the four footballers. A couple of Melbourne guys were a bit over the top

scooty said:
Nothing in it pettard. Was the best behaved off the four footballers. A couple of Melbourne guys were a bit over the top

Were you close to them in Bay 13 scooty? I actually like to sit nearby that area at the cricket but would never sit amongst them.

scooty said:
Maybe you should email the club with that info scoots.

Just to add some balance to the story.

Sounds like Petterd will need some help.

Dean Hart Northey said:
:clap :clap

And to think Cotch or Lids have never been seen on TV mouthing the F-bomb when a decision has gone against them.....some people need to grab a grip on life. Just because he is now a Richmond Rookie listed player does not mean his life needs to be that of a monk.

Well said DHN, some people are just going to have to realise that after Collingwood, Richmond is the next biggest newsworthy club in Victoria negative or positive, anytime one of our players even stubs his toe in public and curses, it will be in the papers, we are just going to have to get used to it. essendon, carlton hawthorn and even geelong would kill for the publicity that Richmond get.

And lets remember they are/were melbourne players, maybe they chose to sit in bay 13 to get a feel of what atmosphere is and feels like.

So a person who was sitting in bay13 was disgusted by the language he heard that he had to tape it and send it in to the police, give me a break, did he tape everyone else at the ground and dob them in.

A lot of people making excuses for AFL players who should know better. They get the attention, benefit from the attention and I reckon most enjoy the attention specially from the ladies. With the attention comes responsibility. They showed none.

I reckon most people haven't been ejected from th G for drunken and or aggressive behavior.

If you swung one at Jarred Rivers head and missed you should be evicted just for that! ;D

Baloo said:
A lot of people making excuses for AFL players who should know better. They get the attention, benefit from the attention and I reckon most enjoy the attention specially from the ladies. With the attention comes responsibility. They showed none.

I reckon most people haven't been ejected from th G for drunken and or aggressive behavior.

Good post Baloo. Can't believe anyone is trying to defend the stupidity of the player's actions.

Tigers of Old said:
Edwards now Petterd..following on from Taylor, Morton & DMac. What is it with the 3rd tall forwards at our club?

*smile* heads!
Should've just selected another 2 tall kids then picking these trouble makers..

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Sounds like somebody dropped the c-bomb.

It seems to be a Melbourne thing, Travis Johnston once called me that for parking my bike somewhere that meant he had to take a 75 cm detour. The charming thing about Johnston is that we were at a Melbourne training, so as far as he knew I was a 10 year member of the D's and he was my favorite player.

Of course somehow I manged to get over the incident without reporting it in depth to the Herald-Sun.