Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

scooty said:
Nothing in it pettard. Was the best behaved off the four footballers. A couple of Melbourne guys were a bit over the top
Perhaps Petterd ought to pick his friends a little wiser, I've never heard of Lids, Chimp or JR8 getting into trouble because of the company they've kept.

Baloo said:
A lot of people making excuses for AFL players who should know better. They get the attention, benefit from the attention and I reckon most enjoy the attention specially from the ladies. With the attention comes responsibility. They showed none.

I reckon most people haven't been ejected from th G for drunken and or aggressive behavior.

Spot on. We gave this bloke a lifeline because of his poor performance at his old club yet he sees fit to go out with his old team mates and repay the RFC with this rubbish.

Edwards & Pettard have spat in the face of those who threw them a lifeline.

SACK HIM! He had the nerve to go to the cricket with his friends and have BEERS. They were probably throwing the empty cups at people causing trouble weren't they? They must have because who else in bay 13 would cause trouble? Just because we don't really know what happened, it was still reported on by the MEDIA which makes it serious... There was even a photo of Ricky remonstrating with an honest cricket loving patron. Poor guy probably just had cup after cup thrown at him, how daunting. It must have been sooo frustrating for him to watch these suposed footy stars just RUN AMOK all day. SACK HIM he's worse than Dan Connors.

Tigers of Old said:
Edwards now Petterd..following on from Taylor, Morton & DMac. What is it with the 3rd tall forwards at our club?

Kane Johnson was arrested for p!ssing on a police station on his 30th birthday. What happened to him?

Just read an article from The Age and they have a witness statement that Howe and another person had an argument and both were ejected security then came back and evicted the rest of the group but there was no mention of Petterd and abuse towards women but sounded more like the Melbourne players were more the problem than the two who have moved on.

fact of the matter is that all players concerned are stupid for sitting in Bay 13 in the 1st place! it's party central in there at the lamest of times.
Steve Morris was at the Cricket also, but he was in a Corporate box. i know which i think was the smarter choice for an AFL Footballer.

Jukes Extended said:
A_CRa9YCIAAnp4g.jpg

I may have painted Petterd with the wrong brush. Yes he is useless on the MCG proper but if he can survive Bay 13 well lubricated on the Boxing day test then he goes up a peg in my book.

Is probably a knob, pulling on a tiger guernsey doesn't change that. Big deal, we have lots of knobs on our list. When did we all become so precious??
Your favourites from years gone by acted like knobs too, it just wasn't shoved in your face by cretins craving their piece of infamy.

Jonesracing82 said:
fact of the matter is that all players concerned are stupid for sitting in Bay 13 in the 1st place! it's party central in there at the lamest of times.
Steve Morris was at the Cricket also, but he was in a Corporate box. i know which i think was the smarter choice for an AFL Footballer.
Oh yeah and every one can just waltz ito a corporate box , I am not defending anyone until all the facts come out, but really these guys deserve a life they should be able to go out and have a litte fun, we just ask that they are respectfull of others. I read somewhere that they actually began to cop it when it was pointed out that they were afl players. Wether or not that is true or not, I will wait for the facts

zgod said:
Is probably a knob, pulling on a tiger guernsey doesn't change that. Big deal, we have lots of knobs on our list. When did we all become so precious??
Your favourites from years gone by acted like knobs too, it just wasn't shoved in your face by cretins craving their piece of infamy.

Aaron James was one of the greatest knobs to have ever adorned the Tiger guernsey. And just as useless as a player too.

Maybe in future players should just stay at home and only leave to play or go to training. Yes they could have all sat in a corporate box and then there would be plenty of people claiming that footballers are big headed and think their *smile* don't stink and so on. We don't know what happened or why for all we know it was the other guy who started it. There were 79 people ejected only a few were actually fined. Players are still entitled to live their lives and so far it doesn't sound like there was any illegal activity occurring. The other guy was also kicked out but we don't know who he is or what he does the media and most others just automatically assume that the players are at fault.

This whole thing seems to be heading into big whoop territory.

brigadiertiger said:
Maybe in future players should just stay at home and only leave to play or go to training. Yes they could have all sat in a corporate box and then there would be plenty of people claiming that footballers are big headed and think their sh!t don't stink and so on. We don't know what happened or why for all we know it was the other guy who started it. There were 79 people ejected only a few were actually fined. Players are still entitled to live their lives and so far it doesn't sound like there was any illegal activity occurring. The other guy was also kicked out but we don't know who he is or what he does the media and most others just automatically assume that the players are at fault.

This whole thing seems to be heading into big whoop territory.

But isn't it amazing how much people buy into it... No facts just assumptions.

And the excuses keep rolling in.

They were ejected from the G. I, nor anyone I know personally, have ever managed to achieve that, not matter how many drinks we had.

How can anyone consider that fine, dandy and acceptable is beyond me.

I've never seen anyone ejected from a stadium that didnt deserve it to some extent.

The fact these guys are AFL footballers and would know they have to play by different rules just makes it even more ridiculous that they did what they did where and when they did it.

Baloo said:

They were ejected from the G. I, nor anyone I know personally, have ever managed to achieve that, not matter how many drinks we had.

I've never seen anyone ejected from a stadium that didnt deserve it to some extent.

The fact these guys are AFL footballers and would know they have to play by different rules just makes it even more ridiculous that they did what they did where and when they did it.

You might want to read what a guy sitting 2 rows behind them says. Claims security was over zealous and there was nothing in it. Interesting how many are presuming guilt.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/demons-exorcised-in-mcg-overkill-20121228-2byr9.html

Baloo said:

I have seen a guy thrown out for blowing up a condom. He is a friend of mine. Apparently you just need to 'look' like you're causing trouble and they turn you out. Yelling and arguing is a definite no no. Let's be clear: Petterd wasn't thrown out or even charged but was simply in an unfortunate situation that he probably now regrets. We learn by experience and whilst he should have been better I could tell you a far worse story of something I saw from an AFL player a few years back. What I saw isn't the big deal here (despite being a sackable offence) but what his club did to cover it up was unbelievable; Illegal (so no names are mentioned). The point of all this is that these guys are just young blokes who don't always make the best decisions. We all make bad decisions even when we know we shouldn't.

Some posters on this site think that if you make a mistake on or off the field then you should be shown the door like it's that simple.

TigerMoz said:
...who else in bay 13 would cause trouble?...There was even a photo of Ricky remonstrating with an honest cricket loving patron.

An honest cricket loving patron in bay 13 is an oxymoron.

TigerMoz said:
Some posters on this site think that if you make a mistake on or off the field then you should be shown the door like it's that simple.

Who is calling for him to be shown the door ?

He is an idiot, simple as that. He's an AFL footballer on his last chance. He should know he needs to keep his nose clean to make sure he doesn't blow his last chance.

Being an AFL footballer, drunk, in Bay 13, on the Boxing Day test is in itself inexcusable and shows a real lack of the gravity of his playing future. If anything else untoward happened it's just icing n the cake. He's already the wrong person and the wrong place at the wrong time in the wrong condition just by being there p!ssed.

I wonder if the same apologists felt Fev was being hard done by when the media pointed out is drunken escapades. Or felt Cousins was being unfairly targetted.

TigerMoz said:
Let's be clear: Petterd wasn't thrown out or even charged but was simply in an unfortunate situation that he probably now regrets.

Hasn't been charged or otherwise dealt with yet.

Could be facing a either a charge of indecent language, an infringement notice for that offence (around a $600 fine) or possible sanctions from the footy club or a combination of a charge/fine & club sanctions.