Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

CarnTheTiges said:
For some unfathomable reason nearly everyone else in the game, us, opposition supporters, neutral commentators can see that he's a very limited footballer with very little upside, except for our selection committee.

He would be better off playing at Augusta. His kicks are like 9-irons. God the forwards must dread when he's delivering into F50.

I kind of hope that the game on Saturday stamped his papers, but I know that it hasn't. I wonder if Dimma can find some excuses for him in his Dissection this week.

having watched the reply (why i did that i don't know), Ricky just continously played for free kicks and held his hands out pleading with the umpire, even when the ball was still in play - unacceptable

tote said:
having watched the reply (why i did that i don't know), Ricky just continously played for free kicks and held his hands out pleading with the umpire, even when the ball was still in play - unacceptable

Yep. also missed some key tackles he shouldn't have. He's a fringe player who's meant to bring some hardness. If he doesn't, forget it

CarnTheTiges said:
I kind of hope that the game on Saturday stamped his papers, but I know that it hasn't. I wonder if Dimma can find some excuses for him in his Dissection this week.

Gotta go.

Nowhere near a league player.

We knew this 5 years ago!

The definition of stupidity is to repeat the same process time after time and expect a different result, so where does that put Hardwick continuing to select Petterd.

Its not Petterd's fault he continually gives everything he has in a game but unfortunately his faults prevent him from being an effective player.

3 months out will just about end his career I'd say.....been a gutsy performance to go as hard as he does considering the kidney or liver injury he had

Don't think many have doubted his courage, he is very courageous but unfortunately courage can only take you so far. Get well soon, you don't wish injuries on any player.

Looks like we have an explanation for his shocker game. Feel for him as it will be tough to recover and keep his spot.

Terrible luck for him. i like Ricky because despite his obvious shortcomings he always has a red hot dip. Definitely a courageous player.

Sounds painful. :-\

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisfranc_injury

Tigers of Old said:
Oh dear. That's the season done then and more than likely his career given he only has the one year deal.
I think the club's website said 3 months. Interesting that Larkins never picked this up, he reports on every other injury during a game. It's bad luck for Ricky. It does however give someone else an opportunity.

tigerlove said:
Don't think many have doubted his courage, he is very courageous but unfortunately courage can only take you so far. Get well soon, you don't wish injuries on any player.
Agreed.

Petterd might be a somewhat warrior and his endeavour could rarely be questioned, yet this is the sort of injury at the stage he is in his career that may well see him play whatever games are possible later in the season in the VFL.
It will be most disappointing for him personally, but now the Tigers are forced to look for other options ... options that, in the long run, have some real merit for the team. Surely, if the Tigers are ever to be serious contenders, the likes of Petterd aren't in the best 22.