Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Was more or less a staple in the team when not injured. Gave good service and can take some consolation from knowing he was a stepping stone to a better place. Not many Tigers stay three years for three finals campaigns. Wish him well.

St Kevin said:
Didn't mind him. Gave it his all, was versatile and could kick a goal. His spot up forward was probably taken by Lennon though.

Newman, Foley, Knights and Petterd retiring means we already have a few spots to fill on our list.

And frees up more salary cap space too.

Best of luck to him.

Not sure why, but i've always liked Ricky Petterd.
He was a bit iffy with the ball but i liked watching him play.
When he was spotted at the cricket making beer snakes and having a few laughs before he joined the tiges i pegged him as a good, knockabout bloke. I reckon i'm right, but he put in for the club and worked hard, so, much respect Ricky on your career.

Bit disappointed in some of the posts. He gave his all for the club. Respect a guy who did his best for this club and its jumper. Got the most out of his available talent.

Respect for Ricky.

Agree with some of the posters here. Never watched him lower the jumper and generally liked watching him play. All the best to him.

The_General said:
Bit disappointed in some of the posts. He gave his all for the club. Respect a guy who did his best for this club and its jumper. Got the most out of his available talent.

Respect for Ricky.

Yep. Plenty here who'll bag a guy who gave his all and achieved more than they ever will with his sporting career.

CC TIGER said:
3 months out will just about end his career I'd say.....been a gutsy performance to go as hard as he does considering the kidney or liver injury he had
Cc called it back in April!

Gutsy player but not skilled enough for today's footy. Guys who put their line on the body in such a way as Petterd did at AFL level always deserves respect.

Made the best of his limitations and gave it his all. Appeared to be a popular clubman and I feel sorry for him that he has bowed out with an injury like this.

Served the club very well. A tiger now for life.

Never a fan as he was a very limited footballer but he did give it everything.

Gutsy career.