Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Tigers of Old said:
Oh dear. That's the season done then and more than likely his career given he only has the one year deal.

Yes. Information I have is that this is serious and its very unlikely there'll be any more senior footy for him.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Was limping before half time. Not a big hit at this stage, but handy depth player when the team's on song.

Is this the injury he had at Melbourne?

..not sure. Was Morris also at melbourne taking the legs out of team mates in farcical chase down attempts too?

Another hard luck story. Like Knights another whose injuries curtailed any chances he had as a player.
Disposal was a little iffy but nobody could ever question his courage and determination.
Best of luck to him post footy.

Good luck for the future mate. Wasn't happy when you came but you won me over and anyway, you sure looked 100% better in the yellow sash than that blue and red rag.

Done his bit.

Would have liked to see him play more in the forward line.

Bad luck for Ricky, He always gave 100% to the cause. I hope he doesn't suffer chronic pain due to the injury. These things can linger for a long time.

Good luck in the future

He did his best for us, and gave what he had. I never like seeing someone forced out by injury, although I doubt Ricky would have been on the list next year on form alone.

All the best to the man. Cut down when he should of been in his prime. Gave all he could when he played for the tigers.

Tigers of Old said:
Another hard luck story. Like Knights another whose injuries curtailed any chances he had as a player.
Disposal was a little iffy but nobody could ever question his courage and determination.
Best of luck to him post footy.

Yep. Disposal wasn't the best, and never turned out to be the small forward I expected him to be, but he was worth persevering with.

Didn't mind him. Gave it his all, was versatile and could kick a goal. His spot up forward was probably taken by Lennon though.

Newman, Foley, Knights and Petterd retiring means we already have a few spots to fill on our list.

TT33 said:
I hope he doesn't suffer chronic pain due to the injury. These things can linger for a long time.

Yeah was interesting to hear his interview with Richo that the Lisfranc foot injury hasn't healed as well as they hoped. He went for a run for the first time just last weekend and pulled up very sore. Must be bloody tough for players when they have injuries that get the better of them.

People forget that Ricky was very seriously injured as an 18 year old when he had a collapsed lung on the field and was essentially saved by the quick work of the Demon Doctor. Came back and played as hard as ever and I believe he still holds the record for the most tackles in a quarter ...and it was against Richmond.

Ok player but hard as a cat's head, I didn't mind him in the team.

Gee - wasn't expecting that - was a valuable squad player who did his bit when asked.
Good luck to him.