Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Right call subbing him off, I think he will respond well next week though. Id keep him in the team, very versatile, VERY hard at the contest

First time dimma did something right at the right time by subbing him.
I don't think he should be droped.

He has been playing well and has deserved his spot.
Last night shouldn't condemn him.
Worse case scenario would have him sub next week.

Agree with the others. Has done his job most of the year but had a bad one last night. Far from a rock star but in my view he has very good versatility: forward, back and stints in the middle. Also gutsy attack on the ball.

I'm not really a fan but would keep him in the side. Has had a good month or so and done some things others couldn't or wouldn't.

Id keep him in. He was half forward when he made thise three errors in a row. And had a loose sydney defender against him as well

His tackling last night was appalling, hands in the back just got sucked in to giving away frees. Players have got to be so much smarter than this. He and Morris have to play smarter and not get sucked in but still be hard at the contest

Tigers of Old said:
Yeah he did. Really struggled with the pace.
To Hardwicks cred he pulled the trigger when it needed to be done and Conca had a big influence in the 2nd half.

Agree. There was a patch of 5-10 minutes in 3rd quarter where Ricky was just putrid. Made a series of basic schoolboy errors that hurt us badly. Well done by Hardwick for noticing that Petterd was a liability and quickly removing him from the equation.

The heart wants to keep him in but a by all rights Jacko should come in. Petterd is admirable and has been handy but is a fumbling machine.

Had one of those games. Wouldnt stress to much as someone else stated he has some credits so should play next week. Can play either forward or back which is important especially in finals.

Had a stinker. Hopefully can put it behind him.

If jacko is in next week, I reckon conca should be most concerned.

lukeanddad said:
Had a stinker. Hopefully can put it behind him.

If jacko is in next week, I reckon conca should be most concerned.
I thought Conca had an influence when he came on. Sub next week should be either Conca or Petterd imo.

Our need to win some clearances has been highlighted after Thursdee night.

He isn't popular on here. (but who is really)

Could pettard be an extractor? Could he play Jacko's roll!

ninjahaha said:

You are popular with me ninja

Clearances have been a strength for us the last few years so yeah an improvement there would be nice.

ninjahaha said:
Our need to win some clearances has been highlighted after Thursdee night.

Could pettard be an extractor? Could he play Jacko's roll!

Based on his career average of 5-6 contested possessions a match, no. In 2014, the foursome of Deledio, Cotchin, Miles, Martin averaged around 17.5 clearances a game. Against Carlton they had 5. I think it's a bit early to start worrying about our clearance stats. All had quieter games than usual. Let's check those stats again when the awesome foursome are firing all cylinders.