Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

glantone said:
May struggle next year as younger talent hopefully force their way into the line-up. Looks like a affable dude though doesn't he. Gunna miss him.

I think his versatility keeps him in the side no matter which youngsters are pushing through. If he's our 18th best player we will be in very good shape.

Petterd runs both ways and is quick over the lawn. Physically sound for much of this year, as Juffa has noted, he is growing as a footballer. I like him.

His kicking isn't great but it's nowhere near as bad as many suggest. Definitely an element of 9 iron about it though.
Has many other outstanding attributes that compensate for that weakness. Best 22 for now.

Bullarto Tiger said:
In my limited opinion, Petterd is not in the top portion of the list, but I'm happy for the time-being for him to be in the 22. He gives his all and is a very solid contributor.
St Kevin said:
Another very good game by Ricky. Slowly has less and less doubters.
Juffaricho said:
One of his benefits is if there is an in-game injury on any line he can be moved into that spot and impact the game as opposed to many who if moved simply make up the numbers.
Agree with all of these comments - sums him up nicely.

Highest dream team ranking on the ground. 23 disposals, 14 marks, 5 inside 50s, 4 tackles and a goal. For picking him up off the scrap heap - this bloke has delivered in spades. Love how he goes about it.

tha8ball said:
Highest dream team ranking on the ground. 23 disposals, 14 marks, 5 inside 50s, 4 tackles and a goal. For picking him up off the scrap heap - this bloke has delivered in spades. Love how he goes about it.

Really? I haven't looked at the numbers but I thought he was really average yesterday. Been solid for the year but I wouldn't have had in the best dozen yesterday.

Doing his job. Bobs up a does some nice things, not the best, not the worst, every club needs foot soldiers, he is one of ours. Slowly getting some leap back in his injury ravaged lower leg issues that basically ended his career at Melbourne.

I thought he was pretty good yesterday. Was robbed of a free kick when he handballed down the line and the Saints player tackled him without the ball, think that cost us a goal.

antman said:
I thought he was pretty good yesterday. Was robbed of a free kick when he handballed down the line and the Saints player tackled him without the ball, think that cost us a goal.
That was a double ridiculous effort. Petterd stuffed up his possession, recovered n re gathered the pill, under pressure he has to dispose without being pinged for deliberate out of bounds n gets tackled n three sixtied after disposing and five metres off the loose ball, just garbage umpiring.
The worst one though was the fifty metre penalty n goal to Nicky Wax. Nicky was seventy five out n had a mark or free, one of our blokes bowled over a Saints player on the fifty n so it should have been a down field free to the Saints player on the fifty arc. Flaming mouldy green maggot somehow decides we've infringed against Nicky n he's deserving of a fifty metre penalty, so he then gets a cheap gimme shot from twenty five out.
Have I gone totally insane or do the highly paid professional maggots no longer comprehend the rules of the game.

TigerMasochist said:
That was a double ridiculous effort. Petterd stuffed up his possession, recovered n re gathered the pill, under pressure he has to dispose without being pinged for deliberate out of bounds n gets tackled n three sixtied after disposing and five metres off the loose ball, just garbage umpiring.
The worst one though was the fifty metre penalty n goal to Nicky Wax. Nicky was seventy five out n had a mark or free, one of our blokes bowled over a Saints player on the fifty n so it should have been a down field free to the Saints player on the fifty arc. Flaming mouldy green maggot somehow decides we've infringed against Nicky n he's deserving of a fifty metre penalty, so he then gets a cheap gimme shot from twenty five out.
Have I gone totally insane or do the highly paid professional maggots no longer comprehend the rules of the game.

Agree TM i went spare with the one regarding Petterd it was text book holding the man and the Riewoldt I was left shaking my head yelling "down field" !

Not a great game today, but a bit unlucky on a couple of occasions where decisions went against him (I noted that free kicks did not come too readily for the Tigers in that 2nd half in particular)... Correct move to sub him off for Conca.

Yep really looked disappointed with himself when he got subbed off.

Had made 3 consecutive blunders just before he got subbed. Was the right descision by dimma, just wasnt his night.

Maybe on the chopping board, but id still prefer him over an underdone Jackson.

Looked mortified at being given the vest but his only competition was Newman. Assuming he holds his place, needs to redeem himself next week by showing he can handle the high pressure games.