Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

se7en said:
I remember in his first season with us Gary Lyon shot him down after a bad kick
"That's why we let him go"

Petterd's tank and gut running was not the sort of "tank" Melbourne were after. ;D

Whacker said:
He does have a great footy brain! That split second summing up of options in the goal square scrimmage where he pushed it out to an unmarked Gordon demonstrates his footy smarts. It is a shame he is such a s**t kick.
Depend on the definition of "s**t kick".

If a bloke kicks the ball with a horrible style and it rarely goes to advantage - he could be called be a "s**t kick".
Some blokes kick with good technique - but can still butcher it. They might be a "s**t kick" too.
Pettard tends to kick with a natural awkward looking helicopter spin - but more often than not it gets to where he wants it go.
And he's even been kicking goals from set shots with the same action.
Does that make him a "s**t kick"?

Tenacious said:
Depend on the definition of "s**t kick".

If a bloke kicks the ball with a horrible style and it rarely goes to advantage - he could be called be a "s**t kick".
Some blokes kick with good technique - but can still butcher it. They might be a "s**t kick" too.
Pettard tends to kick with a natural awkward looking helicopter spin - but more often than not it gets to where he wants it go.
And he's even been kicking goals from set shots with the same action.
Does that make him a "s**t kick"?
I think the height of his kicks is the knock on them. They generally get where they're meant to go but put undue pressure on the person receiving them or allow the opposition a chance to spoil. i notice it a lot and it annoys me, wish he could spear a flat one in occasionally. Wouldn't say he is a "sh*t" kick as a rule though.

In my limited opinion, Petterd is not in the top portion of the list, but I'm happy for the time-being for him to be in the 22. He gives his all and is a very solid contributor.

Extremely flexible player and unique in our team.
Hs body looks sound at the moment and we're reaping the benefits.

Healy gave him a wrap.

Lyon would be rolling in his latte over that comment.

se7en said:
Healy gave him a wrap.

Lyon would be rolling in his latte over that comment.

Lyon is a hack of a commentator. Just another one of the "boys" club that rules the AFL.

Tommy H said:
Lyon is a hack of a commentator. Just another one of the "boys" club that rules the AFL.

Agreed. Top shelf flog of the highest order.

EDIT: This thread is about ricky, like the cut of his jib!

Juffaricho said:
Extremely flexible player and unique in our team.
Hs body looks sound at the moment and we're reaping the benefits.

Good comment.

Between him and Miles we have done very well from our rookie list the last couple years.

One of his benefits is if there is an in-game injury on any line he can be moved into that spot and impact the game as opposed to many who if moved simply make up the numbers.

though i always sit high on the wing, sometimes you gotta watch a quarter or two on the boundary to appreciate how quickly these guys' minds work.

their sporting intelligence is equivalent to einstein, da vinci, robin williams.

petterd is no exception -- i would contend that he has forged much of his career on the back of a super smart footy brain.

Carter said:
though i always sit high on the wing, sometimes you gotta watch a quarter or two on the boundary to appreciate how quickly these guys' minds work.

their sporting intelligence is equivalent to einstein, da vinci, robin williams.

petterd is no exception -- i would contend that he has forged much of his career on the back of a super smart footy brain.
Well said Carter. Cast your mind back a week to that quick thinking he did where he knocked the ball to Gordon for us to get back the lead.

May struggle next year as younger talent hopefully force their way into the line-up. Looks like a affable dude though doesn't he. Gunna miss him.

Smoking Aces said:
Well said Carter. Cast your mind back a week to that quick thinking he did where he knocked the ball to Gordon for us to get back the lead.

roger that. he's a very talented guy, wonky drop or not.

Carter said:

Probably not the thread for it, but I appreciated the robin williams reference, nice job cartman :)