Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

I am happy for Ricky Pettard to play in the next Richmond flag.

As long he is ranked 15 or below in the pecking order.

Can't question his commitment to the club or jumper.

I'm slowly becoming a fan.

Re: Ricky petterd's best game

Tenacious said:
And if Petterd is our 22nd best player (and maybe he's actually better than that) then we have improved.

If Petterd is our 22nd best player then we're locked, loaded and destined for a decade of premiership

Looks nice and grotty and tough. Long way from the preppie he looked at MFC. Great guy too apparently the boys like him

tha8ball said:
Met him up at the Gold Coast and he is a great guy.
He played for the Broadbeach Cats!

By the way - Cleve Hughes is at Southport Sharks, Trent Knoble is at Labrador Tigers. Jason Torney coaches the Suns Academy Squad and spends a bit of time at Surfers Paradise Demons.

Aegean Tiger said:
Has done really well. Good decisions and fierce competitor.
Was at the game last night but watched the replay today and saw the close-up action of the desperate acts and hard tackling that this bloke does.
Sure he can still mange to kick the ball with a natural helicopter action but gee he is doing more than enough to keep his spot. Well done.

I remember in his first season with us Gary Lyon shot him down after a bad kick
"That's why we let him go"

se7en said:
I remember in his first season with us Gary Lyon shot him down after a bad kick
"That's why we let him go"

Mmm, good move. The last thing Melbourne need are hard players with big hearts who refuse to quit. :spin

Lyon is a knob.

Just this week on FC was was scathing that the tanking he was a major architect of, is still causing issues at MFC. Said there was no way that could be the case 5 years later because only 10 players remain from that period.

After the next ad break he was telling the panel that Richmind can win now because there is no pressure but we've got a deep culture from the 90s if being unable to win when it counts.

So which is it Garry ?

Baloo said:
Lyon is a knob.

Just this week on FC was was scathing that the tanking he was a major architect of, is still causing issues at MFC. Said there was no way that could be the case 5 years later because only 10 players remain from that period.

After the next ad break he was telling the panel that Richmind can win now because there is no pressure but we've got a deep culture from the 90s if being unable to win when it counts.

So which is it Garry ?

Garry really has the cruisiest job in existence. After many years of refusing an official role to help his struggling club, he positions himself in an unofficial position of influence in order to ensure that he minimises his scope for blame if things go pearshaped.

He gets to potshot everyone else, while he is exempt from criticism after his own Sinodinos-esque back door dealings leave his own club with a losing culture after years of tanking.

Absolute quince.

Baloo said:
Lyon is a knob.

So which is it Garry ?

And most in the media think he would have made a good coach. Pleased he didn't with comments like that.

Holds marks, kicks goals, competes well. Blessed with a great footy name - ricky!!!!!!! and coolest hair do in the club. 2 thumbs up!

Petterd has been great this year. He's no superstar but he's earned his spot. I too like him forward of the ball better.

He does have a great footy brain! That split second summing up of options in the goal square scrimmage where he pushed it out to an unmarked Gordon demonstrates his footy smarts. It is a shame he is such a s**t kick.

MB78 said:
And most in the media think he would have made a good coach. Pleased he didn't with comments like that.
Its his little band of mates that say that though, so wouldnt take too much notice of that.