Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Re: Ricky petterd's best game

Important tackles too. Gives 100 per cent. I think he is improving. I used to hold my breath when he had the ball. I like him , he is tough.

Cops it unfairly around here. Has had quite a few good games this season imo. A valuable member of the side.

Haven't been a fan of his but I have to respect the way he has played this year. Just wish he would improve the floater kicks.

As long as he plays forward or a midfield/wing tagging type role, he's ok. His kicking gets found out when plays behind the ball across half back - just can't play him there.

If he could somehow improve his field kicking - he'd be a handy 16-22 player.

Never had a bad word to say about the Pineapples - has guts, has a go, mouths off and backs it, tackles, chases, backs his team mates - we cant be filled with so called elites but if Ricky is your worst in the 22 yer goin pretty well

Tigers2011 said:
If he could somehow improve his field kicking - he'd be a handy 16-22 player.

I had never been a fan, mainly for his kicking. However, of recent weeks it has been good. His well discussed kicking action still looks like a drunken giraffe trying to play AFL but it is working for now.

had a couple of game busting moments last night - looking good is RP.

His work rate last night was huge. Can't see that on TV but he pressured and got to contests all over the ground and stuck some massive tackles. In the best half dozen.

Ricky P has had a great couple months of footy (when not injured).

Probably the best footy of his career ATM.

Another spot in the team that is cemented for now.

crackertiger said:
Haven't been a fan of his but I have to respect the way he has played this year. Just wish he would improve the floater kicks.

Yeah, those floater kicks are horrible, otherwise he's playing well, definitely influential in our team and I love the way he tackles, makes them stick

crackertiger said:

Me too CT. Has definitely improved and is having a red hot crack!

Well done Ricky!

Tom Hafey would love him. Old fashioned Tiger, gives 110%, great tackler, never gives in.

Doesnt he hold the record for tackles in a quarter against us when he was at Melbourne ? Always been very hard at it. Ricky lacks polish but you know you are going to get a contest every time from him and that is very important in the make up of a team.

You can't have 22 Petterds in a team but it is really important to have one or two like him.

Gaz said:
Never had a bad word to say about the Pineapples - has guts, has a go, mouths off and backs it, tackles, chases, backs his team mates - we cant be filled with so called elites but if Ricky is your worst in the 22 yer goin pretty well
That's a great summary.
Over the years we've been affected by not having a good enough bunch of players playing in those last few spots in the 22 each week.
And if Petterd is our 22nd best player (and maybe he's actually better than that) then we have improved.