Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

People bag him for not being a star... He just isn't at that level get over it... But he is a very handy 16-22 type player. If players like this are our bottom 6 we are heading in the right direction.

I've been a fan from day one. When he makes a mistake, it's usually a howler which is super frustrating, but gee he's courageous and tries his guts out. Plays back, middle and forward......that's pretty handy!

Tigers of Old said:
I'm a fan. Great pickup for nothing.
He's as tough as they come. Very hard at the footy today.

Yep this. He showed peope like Luke Darcy what the real meaning of brave actually is.

Courageous, hard working and honest footballer with poor kicking skills. 21st or 22nd player in a decent team.

Given his volume of possession, tackling pressure and work ethic, he'll keep getting a game until we have better options. However without speed or kicking skills, he'll never really hurt the opposition. Similar in a way to Jackson and Miles - hard at it with average foot skills - we have too many of this type IMO.

For the talented, more skilled young players coming along like Lennon, Petterd's work ethic is something they need to produce.

Tigers2011 said:
Courageous, hard working and honest footballer with poor kicking skills. 21st or 22nd player in a decent team.

Given his volume of possession, tackling pressure and work ethic, he'll keep getting a game until we have better options. However without speed or kicking skills, he'll never really hurt the opposition. Similar in a way to Jackson and Miles - hard at it with average foot skills - we have too many of this type IMO.

For the talented, more skilled young players coming along like Lennon, Petterd's work ethic is something they need to produce.

Not sure if I agree with chucking Miles in there, but I largely agree in essence.

He'd definitely be a bottom 5 player in a top 6 team. I reckon Ross Lyon would love Petterd at Freo. Versatile and courageous.

Smoking Aces said:
His move into the midfield has seen him improve each week.

Taken Grigg's spot perhaps? Petterd playing more inside, maybe means Cotch playing more outside?

Been among our best players the last couple of weeks. Not bad for a cheap n scungy recycle from the Dees dumping ground.

He's growing on me. Doesn't deserve a lot of the crap he gets on here. Nearly at the stage we can ink him in as a rookie list success