Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Petterd is running harder than anyone, tackling more (6 to half time), beat/nullified Lobbe in two one-on-one marking contests and has been rewarded with two goals.

He's setting the standard. Let's drop him.

spook said:
Petterd is running harder than anyone, tackling more (6 to half time), beat/nullified Lobbe in two one-on-one marking contests and has been rewarded with two goals.

I can't believe the criticism this bloke gets even though he is consistently in our best players.

spook said:

Agree he's not a worldbeater, but he's a lot better than some. As I've said before, he has a role in this side, despite what his myriad of knockers think.

Gee if you took shoddy kicks out of his game he would be very very good. Has real courge

2nd BOG (behind Boak) according to the stats (122 to 132)....and streets ahead of our 2nd best - Cotchin (100).

He is playing good footy, good on him. He goes second up for the mark a bit too much at times though.

GEDS1 said:
Gee if you took shoddy kicks out of his game he would be very very good. Has real courge
Correct, he presents, he attacks, has courage but those kicks! They're either shanks or kicked so high it's a defenders dream. And before someone spouts kicking efficiency % high balls aren't considered inefficient in the stats.

Last season he stopped kicking long and stuck to 20m dinkies (which I'm not a great fan of either but he at least seemed to know his limitations)

zippadeee said:
Tries his heart out, but has NO skill. Kicks almost hit the roof

Disagree

His kicking inside 50 can appear a bit too lofty, but he works within his abilities around the ground. Saw him weight a beautiful pass to tv coming out of the backline in the third quarter.

Gave him the 3 votes. 2 valuable goals, bone-crunching tackles, tremendous courage.

He's got a future here, and cops far too much flak given his output this season.