Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Wouldn't of had so much criticism for Petterd during his time at Richmond if he played as a lead up mid sized forward the whole time here. You can't have those footskills free wheeling off a half back flank. Asking for shocking momentum killing turnovers under pressure from decent teams and that's what's happened.

Maybe Dimma finally woke up. I hope so. If he plays it's as a forward, not a midfielder or half back flanker.

Barnzy said:
Wouldn't of had so much criticism for Petterd during his time at Richmond if he played as a lead up mid sized forward the whole time here. You can't have those footskills free wheeling off a half back flank. Asking for shocking momentum killing turnovers under pressure from decent teams and that's what's happened.

Maybe Dimma finally woke up. I hope so. If he plays it's as a forward, not a midfielder or half back flanker.
Yep. He's way better in attack and good to see some regular goals.

His best possies are as a lead up forward or as an inside, clearance mid. Got some value here imo.

Petterd is still proving himself to be a very handy, flexible, medium utility.

Plays taller than his actual height, which is an advantage.

Smart footballer, was very quick to hand the ball back to Dusty after he was foolish enough to do the diving seagull mark right in Dusty's face.

KnightersRevenge said:
Not sure if his tit-for-tat with Dusty was either funny or troubling. Might have to watch them closely next week. ;)
Petterd walk away having a laugh and was quick to congratulate Dusty but Dusty seemed pre occupied with his goal.

Jason King said:
Love the way he goes about his footy. More than handy up forward as well.

that is where you should play majority of his football.

tigertim said:
Petterd walk away having a laugh and was quick to congratulate Dusty but Dusty seemed pre occupied with his goal.

we want Dusty entirely pre-occupied with goals. about 70 of them next year. I wish he had of clubbed Pettard from behind after he slotted it.

tigertim said:
He owes Dusty a few for the times he's been passed the ball and has failed to kick the goal.

TigerMasochist said:
Smart footballer, was very quick to hand the ball back to Dusty after he was foolish enough to do the diving seagull mark right in Dusty's face.

geez it was a pretty good grab though wasn't it?

say what you like about his kicking but his desperation is first class.

Carter said:
geez it was a pretty good grab though wasn't it?

say what you like about his kicking but his desperation is first class.
If Petts had taken that against an opponent, I'd have been howling for man in front gets paid.
As he went up against Dusty it was probably a wise move to insist he was just helping to make sure Dusty secured the mark, n then give the ball a little polish before handing it back.

Have much love for the Flying Pineapples - one of our recycled wins. He's a Tiger for life.