Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

tigersnake said:
he's a depth player, in and out of the side, whats the worry?

The worry for leysy was that every time he's been available he's been selected i.e. not depth but first team.

And our depth (or role players) are a big reason we are where we are on the table - they are pretty much all one-paced with questionable disposal.

Dimma, Hartley & FJ haven't don't rate leg speed enough in these roles. But thats starting a debate leysy can't be arsed getting into. ;D

Leysy Days said:
The worry for leysy was that every time he's been available he's been selected i.e. not depth but first team.

And our depth (or role players) are a big reason we are where we are on the table - they are pretty much all one-paced with questionable disposal.

Dimma, Hartley & FJ haven't don't rate leg speed enough in these roles. But thats starting a debate leysy can't be arsed getting into. ;D
When he was shown up in the Hawthorn game I think the penny may have dropped, at least I hope so. Simply doesn't produce against quality opposition and we need guys who can do it no matter who they're playing.

CarnTheTiges said:
When he was shown up in the Hawthorn game I think the penny may have dropped, at least I hope so. Simply doesn't produce against quality opposition and we need guys who can do it no matter who they're playing.

yep agree and likewise with Rosy, glad he is doing time in the VFL - is only a depth player and glad Lennon gets a run instead of Petts

CarnTheTiges said:

He's still named as emergency so the penny's still stuck somewhere in the middle. He should be planted in attack but our coaches see otherwise.

I'd rather we started giving the kids more time from now and just keep these retreads in the 2nds for depth. A Edwards should be first on the chopping block at end of season.

I quite like Ricky as depth. 6-7 games a season max. Knows his role, plays within his significant limitations. No question on endeavour and desire.

When I saw him named in our first 22 to take on GCS in Round 1 I was troubled.

If the likes of Lennon, McDonagh, Knights and Dea can keep him out, we're looking good.

Carter said:
I quite like Ricky as depth. 6-7 games a season max. Knows his role, plays within his significant limitations. No question on endeavour and desire.

When I saw him named in our first 22 to take on GCS in Round 1 I was troubled.

If the likes of Lennon, McDonagh, Knights and Dea can keep him out, we're looking good.
Yeah, he's depth at best. I think as an earlier poster said that we've also go to cut the likes of Aaron Edwards loose. I don't expect Petterd to be all that far behind him at season's end. He's been handy to allow the kids time to develop, but I'm sure we can do better.

We'll know we are becoming a good team when this guy never gets a game. He tries hard but lacks class & often loses critical contests, hardly ever wins a 1-on-1.

Was good on Kennedy in the first half and then got outclassed.

I think everyone needs a 'jack of all trades, master of none' type and he's ours. Not a world beater but I'm surprised he got dropped in the first place.

Probably down to Hardwick wanting to send a strong message to the playing group.

SAF said:
We'll know we are becoming a good team when this guy never gets a game...

That is exactly right. He is a player that needs an upgrade eventually, and when someone comes in and demands his spot, that shows we are improving. I would prefer to see O'Hanlon or Lennon playing his role but there must be a reason why they're not getting picked. I don't buy into Dimma's "love children" philosophy that some here seem to think. Each player in the VFL would have a KPI's for their own performance, and at this stage, they are not matching or bettering Ricky's performance. Therefore he gets picked

He is a good depth player, and not much more, but he is not diabolical.

BT Tiger said:
I would prefer to see O'Hanlon or Lennon playing his role but there must be a reason why they're not getting picked.

you want to see O'Hanlon or Lennon tag the likes of Mundy and Kennedy?
I wouldnt have thought that would be their role.

Judging the games they've had against us we'd better hope it's not Ricky's role in the future either.

He's failed as a forward, backman & now as a mid.

Not many options left, even as a Dimma fav.

Killed us countless times on Friday night, dropping marks, fumbling and overall a very very average foitballer