Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

I reckon I'm right about Petterd, what he brings and what we lack. Petterd reads the fall and gets there. King used to. Brandon a bit less so. But for read the fall and pace to get there Petterd was almost our best.

*But Petterd's useless.* Not quite. The rest of the usual line-up can't do this. It's elementary to most teams. Mop. Rove.

He's been dumped because the old regime has been dumped. It's up to Madonna, Lloyd, Gordon to pick up the slack. It's a good thing.

Dyer'ere said:
I reckon I'm right about Petterd, what he brings and what we lack. Petterd reads the fall and gets there. King used to. Brandon a bit less so. But for read the fall and pace to get there Petterd was almost our best.

*But Petterd's useless.* Not quite. The rest of the usual line-up can't do this. It's elementary to most teams. Mop. Rove.

He's been dumped because the old regime has been dumped. It's up to Madonna, Lloyd, Gordon to pick up the slack. It's a good thing.

Spot on Dyer'ere

Dyer'ere said:

The old regime? Griff, Arnott?

It's a token dropping. To make the fans happy. Even dimma this time couldn't find an excuse to justify him being in the team after a rubbish performance with plenty of schoolboy errors.
Dimma gave himself all the time possible by still having petts in ext team but in the end he came up short and unfort for dimma and petts he had to drop him. Was impossible for him to come with any reasonable reason to keep him.
But don't worry petts u will be back next game, dimma promised!!!!

Dyer'ere said:

Well said, nothing wrong with giving him a spell but if the new guard doesn't cut it then Petterd should be played in the medium forward role.

keepa lids onit said:
It's a token dropping. To make the fans happy. Even dimma this time couldn't find an excuse to justify him being in the team after a rubbish performance with plenty of schoolboy errors.
Dimma gave himself all the time possible by still having petts in ext team but in the end he came up short and unfort for dimma and petts he had to drop him. Was impossible for him to come with any reasonable reason to keep him.
But don't worry petts u will be back next game, dimma promised!!!!

I love the big conspiracy theories, he gets dropped but still the snipey remarks get thrown around. I would have dropped Chris Newman before Petterd, his goose looks well and truly cooked IMO.

bullus_hit said:
Well said, nothing wrong with giving him a spell but if the new guard doesn't cut it then Petterd should be played in the medium forward role.

I love the big conspiracy theories, he gets dropped but still the snipey remarks get thrown around. I would have dropped Chris Newman before Petterd, his goose looks well and truly cooked IMO.

The irony - you are still partaking in a debate about this bloke, as are many others.

I assume you would be more than happy to debate Newman's spot in the side as well.

Merveille said:
The irony - you are still partaking in a debate about this bloke, as are many others.

I assume you would be more than happy to debate Newman's spot in the side as well.

Have you read my earlier comments Merv or you just here to troll.

bullus_hit said:
If it's in the name of giving valuable match time to Lloyd & Gordon, then I'm 100% behind the decision.

Unlike you, I judge players on their merits, from week to week. Take the good with the bad, whether that includes others with better credentials or fringe players like Petterd. You, along with some others have an unhealthy obsession with Petterd, even when is demoted the ridicule just rises a notch. Dude, grow up and start supporting the club for a change. It's this lame attitude that drives the decent posters away from PRE. It's one thing to debate a players worth but then to denigrate with names like Herpes, Pet *smile* & remarking that he's Dimma's special bum chum is slowly making this forum a no-go zone.

I agree BT that the level of negativity here is surprising and i dont post that often due to it..

We all support RFC and have all had 30+ tough years.. Support club and players and let the people elected make the decisions, if you think you can do a better job put your hand up, otherwise we should support them!

tassiedave said:
Best on ground so far up to half time.

Yeah and?

I'm sure he will be straight back in but we've seen what he can do at AFL level and it's not consistently good enough. He is what he is. A battler and a lot of possessions at VFL doesn't impress me. Should not play again in the seniors.

Barnzy said:
Yeah and?

I'm sure he will be straight back in but we've seen what he can do at AFL level and it's not consistently good enough. He is what he is. A battler and a lot of possessions at VFL doesn't impress me. Should not play again in the seniors.

Agree.
But we all know who Dimma will have coming in to replace Newman :mad:

we should have close to a full list to choose from after the bye except Maric and Newman. Pettard, Thomas,
Stephenson and the like should only be considered if there are injuries. I would also like Chaplin, Newman and A . Edwards.in that category
also but cant see it happening.

Leysy for one is mega glad this limited panic merchant has been left out despite his good VFL form last week.

Picked for games against the Dees & GWS leysy was fearing the selectors would yet again fall for him.

Good to see we are looking beyond him.

Might seem harsh but he should be delisted at years end.

Leysy Days said:
Leysy for one is mega glad this limited panic merchant has been left out despite his good VFL form last week.

Picked for games against the Dees & GWS leysy was fearing the selectors would yet again fall for him.

he's a depth player, in and out of the side, whats the worry?

Leysy Days said:

Where's Bully gone? He won't like reading this.

Leysy Days said:

Agreed. I was disappointed that they put him on the list. I would have preferred that he remained on the rookie list for at least another season.