Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Thats been our problem for yesrs too many players with major
skill level flaws that are hidden against bottom sides but exposed
big time against gun opposition ..how many duds do the hawks cats
freo and the pies have in their sides compare to ours.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
He's used them well until this year. Our style would drag better players down.

We have gone more and more down this path over the past couple of years LTRTR.

Basically we've replaced some limited role players that at least gave us some pace and spark across the park, with limited role players that are slow as treacle.

TOT70's post gives an excellent outline.

Even if Dimma tries to change the way we play, ILO we currently don't have the personnel to successfully implement it.

I reckon when we are going so badly, the inevidable flaws in the rejects are exacerbated.

having said that, I reckon Ricky and Bachar have stood up this year. And I reckon Evarn showed his canvas climbing skills in the EF last year. I reckon time will proves young Milesy a win also.

The rest, I have concerns about. But nothing ordinary list turnover cant fix.

tigergollywog said:
I reckon when we are going so badly, the inevidable flaws in the rejects are exacerbated.

having said that, I reckon Ricky and Bachar have stood up this year. And I reckon Evarn showed his canvas climbing skills in the EF last year. I reckon time will proves young Milesy a win also.

The rest, I have concerns about. But nothing ordinary list turnover cant fix.

Agree, Petterd made a couple of blunders against the Hawks (one was arguably the result of some Rioli magic) but he's done the job more often than not. He outlined his value to the team in the last when he was switched forward, something that I and a few others have been advocating since day one. He's kicked a goal in every match bar the Carlton game this season, I think it's time to play Lennon down back and move Ricky into the forward line. Along with Jack, he's the only other player who's shown an ability to take a contested mark inside 50.

bullus_hit said:
Agree, Petterd made a couple of blunders against the Hawks (one was arguably the result of some Rioli magic) but he's done the job more often than not. He outlined his value to the team in the last when he was switched forward, something that I and a few others have been advocating since day one. He's kicked a goal in every match bar the Carlton game this season, I think it's time to play Lennon down back and move Ricky into the forward line. Along with Jack, he's the only other player who's shown an ability to take a contested mark inside 50.

We need some church bells in Dimma's office...

Not surprised to see Ricky dropped. As I said a few weeks ago his lack of composure down back is costly. When he comes back again I'm sure it'll be up forward.

Ricky's turnover in the goal square last week was probably a big factor.

rosy23 said:
Ricky's turnover in the goal square last week was probably a big factor.

I call not fair on account of Rioli literally defying physics and flying in front of him.

Poor Petterd figured he'd be safe enough hand passing three feet over his head, until Rioli's tat burst to life and flew him four feet into the air.

tigertim said:
Not surprised to see Ricky dropped. As I said a few weeks ago his lack of composure down back is costly. When he comes back again I'm sure it'll be up forward.

Hope so, all his best football for Melbourne was in the forward line. One of his greatest strengths is his contested marking, don't think we get full value when he's played down back.

SCOOP said:
The right move, we can't have this many honest battlers.

If it's in the name of giving valuable match time to Lloyd & Gordon, then I'm 100% behind the decision.

Did anyone see the footage of Jon Brown giving it to Pettard and Hampson?

Browny basically called him soft, and told him to stop chasing cheap kicks like he did for the Demons. Said that was the reason he got de-listed by Melbourne. Pretty tame on field banter, but very funny.

se7en said:
Can't believe he was dropped.
Thought he had another 628 chances left.

Come on, give hardwick a chance to find out on his own that he plays duds.
He usually gives them 629 chances. How unlucky is pettard??

se7en said:
Can't believe he was dropped.
Thought he had another 628 chances left.
Lol don't worry I'm sure he'll be baack after our bye. Dimma will make an excuse to pick him again esp after we get smashed by cats. Easy to justify for him

He should never play for rfc ever again. Simple!!!

Seems the coaching panel have finally awoken to an average footballers limitations.

About time.