Richmond VS Purple Frocks GAME DAY | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond VS Purple Frocks GAME DAY

toby64 said:
For me its not about competing with the top four its beating them. We were favorites in many peoples eyes today and rightly so. Freo not at their best, playing away from home. It was there for the taking.

Massive opportunity lost today.

Its well and good to say we can compete with the best etc but we were saying that in 2013 and what have we got to show for it? Surely we are at the stage of our development where simply competing with the Freos of this world is not enough?

Its about taking your opportunities when they present themselves because you just never know when they might present themselves again. Hawks are a standout, the rest so so. Massive opportunity to do some damage this year. We shouldnt be talking about tomorrow ww should be living in the now. We wont get the chance to play for todays 4 points again.

Today was just a massive waste in a game we dominated everywhere but where it counts.

It gets to stage where get sick of hearing we can compete and people being happy with it i want to win . My mate text me after the game and said great game by tiges you guys should be top 4 . Nothing was great about the game maybe for neutrals coz it was close , i said to him how can it be great we lost.

This may work out for us in the long run. I know it hurts bad right now, but the past few weeks have been less than impressive efforts across 4 quarters. Maybe the team had been tasting the bath water.

This may be the loss we need to make it hurt. To make us improve another level.
Otherwise, it's just a week of *smile* richmond and we've gone nowhere. I don't believe we're that club anymore.

The_General said:
This may work out for us in the long run. I know it hurts bad right now, but the past few weeks have been less than impressive efforts across 4 quarters. Maybe the team had been tasting the bath water.

This may be the loss we need to make it hurt. To make us improve another level.
Otherwise, it's just a week of sh!t richmond and we've gone nowhere. I don't believe we're that club anymore.
No we played today and lost, we know when to bring, no excesses

toby64 said:
For me its not about competing with the top four its beating them. We were favorites in many peoples eyes today and rightly so. Freo not at their best, playing away from home. It was there for the taking.

Its well and good to say we can compete with the best etc but we were saying that in 2013 and what have we got to show for it? Surely we are at the stage of our development where simply competing with the Freos of this world is not enough?

Its about taking your opportunities when they present themselves because you just never know when they might present themselves again. Hawks are a standout, the rest so so. Massive opportunity to do some damage this year. We shouldnt be talking about tomorrow ww should be living in the now. We wont get the chance to play for todays 4 points again.

Today was just a massive waste in a game we dominated everywhere but where it counts.

Amen Toby, Missed the 4 by half a game in 2013, Handbrake cruelled our chances of top with his stubborness first half of 2014. Ditto first 6 games this year.

We just never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

If you dont finish top 4 you are just making up the numbers. We had to win today and a win next week is a must to remain any chance.

To get to the next level we need to find more clinical forwards and mids that know how to kick goals

K3 said:
As someone who didn't get to watch any. Would you say that all of those missed shots on goal let us down more? Sounds like Chimp, Jack, Martin and Griffiths should have each had an extra goal against their names...

Yes. If any of those 4 even glance at Houli in the rooms tonight they aren't honest.

Super disappointed to lose that game in the manner we did. It was a surreal experience at the ground watching that play by Houli unfold. No one around me could believe he did that. Kicking to the shortest man on the ground, deep in the centre square surrounded by Dockers. It was never on. If he was a horse he'd be swabbed.

This one hurt…..really, really hurt! May be harsh but Houli's mistake lost the game that was all but won at that point in time! Poor kicking for goal prevented us from scoring a comfortable win. Skipper needs to lead from the front…..woeful composure in front of goal.

FitenFitenWin said:
It was never on. If he was a horse he'd be swabbed.

Horses are swabbed if the performance is inconsistent. You can set your watch by Houli meltdowns!

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
KB had a set shot to win a match at Arden St in 1977, 35m, slight angle and missed. Seemed like the most terrible thing to that point of my 8yo life!
By that time KB had won us 4 flags and countless games and was going to deliver us the 1980 flag as well. Had tons more credit in the bank than anyone in today's team has built up.

tigers80 said:
So we got beat by the Eagles and then came out and beat the swans..
I wouldn't discount our mob just yet.

There is something here that we a haven't seen for a long time, yes. We got done today but geez
2 years ago we would have got smashed...
It's not about discounting our team. But a season is built on 22 games and oh well that was stiff we will regroup next week is a mindset that leads to mediocrity. The clubs reaction to Losing the 72 gF won us the next two flags. *smile* like saying look how dare we have come will condemn us for another season again. We owned Freo at the G and now have lost 3 of last 4. Unacceptable for a top 4 aspirant.

SCOOP said:
Super disappointed. We beat ourselves.

The game plan worked. We had Freo under pressure, they didn't look themselves. We can compete with the top four. I don't think that is in question. We've stood up. And we had no luck, Freo had the rub, that's fooball.

Smashed by the umpires, five posters, good players missing gettable shots and the top side beat us by under a kick.

Hopefully the game plan is revised to include straight kicking for goal.

22nd Man said:
Hopefully the game plan is revised to include straight kicking for goal.

Yep that's what it came down to. I love the mongrel in our team now however, they were undisciplined in the last quarter and at stages throughout the match. I believe It will heed a good message coming into the game against the hawks

toby64 said:

This This This This and This.

We pissed a realistic chance of a run deep into the finals up against the wall today.

We might get that opportunity again next year. We also might not.

Will lose next 6 were still 5 years away from being top 5 side with roos dogs crows with soft draws cats giants all coming we WILL not make the 8 today was our last chance

scooty said:
Will lose next 6 were still 5 years away from being top 5 side with roos dogs crows with soft draws cats giants all coming we WILL not make the 8 today was our last chance

Looks like we're a certainty for a Top 4 finish