Richmond VS Purple Frocks GAME DAY | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond VS Purple Frocks GAME DAY

scooty said:
Will lose next 6 were still 5 years away from being top 5 side with roos dogs crows with soft draws cats giants all coming we WILL not make the 8 today was our last chance

:clap

SCOOP said:
Super disappointed. We beat ourselves.

The game plan worked. We had Freo under pressure, they didn't look themselves. We can compete with the top four. I don't think that is in question. We've stood up. And we had no luck, Freo had the rub, that's fooball.

Smashed by the umpires, five posters, good players missing gettable shots and the top side beat us by under a kick.

100% agree with this.
I thought we played very well against a very good team.
Just came up short but really should have won by 3 goals.
We are very close.....finally.
Kicking for goal is hard to understand....Cotch must get anxious andGriff has a technique fault.
Martin had a bad day.
Hampson was good.
Don't understand why we had no spare in defence...this was like the Dogs game.
Think we pushed too far forward. It cost us a few goals.
Once this is corrected,kicks go 10 cm to the left,we get the rub of the umpiring and we need Vickery and another two smooth mids/ half backs......then we will be top 4.
I am gutted and angry, but this morning can see we are very close.

pete and tys said:
100% agree with this.
I thought we played very well against a very good team.
Just came up short but really should have won by 3 goals.
We are very close.....finally.
Kicking for goal is hard to understand....Cotch must get anxious andGriff has a technique fault.
Martin had a bad day.
Hampson was good.
Don't understand why we had no spare in defence...this was like the Dogs game.
Think we pushed too far forward. It cost us a few goals.
Once this is corrected,kicks go 10 cm to the left,we get the rub of the umpiring and we need Vickery and another two smooth mids/ half backs......then we will be top 4.
I am gutted and angry, but this morning can see we are very close.

I agree with all this. Close doesn't cut it. This group of players doesn't exist next year and the injury gods can be fickle. On reflection this one hurts so much more than all the miss the eight opportunities blown because this win was a step in giving us a real crack at a flag. Beat hawthorn is all we can do now but do that and that will make this one rank as even higher 'what if'. Harsh way to learn the kick in lesson. Maybe it will save us one in the future.

scooty said:
Will lose next 6 were still 5 years away from being top 5 side with roos dogs crows with soft draws cats giants all coming we WILL not make the 8 today was our last chance

I don't care who you know at other clubs, you post so much *smile* it's unbelievable.

feel like that was our worst home and away loss for years..maybe since the cousins first game against the blues.....we did everything right all over the ground and set up a six goal win..and totally shat ourselves in front of goals and destroyed our one shot at a top four spot....damn...it just seems so richmond like
the ONLY way to over come this will be to beat hawks.which will not happen..so we beat the crows the week after....lets just prey yesterday has taught us a massive lesson..you get very few chances for the big cake in footy

I was upset at the result, but overall I though it was a good game. Been a long time since we saw the Tigers in a genuinely hyped game that lived up to it. We're still a work in progress and we probably had a couple out of the best 22 yesterday. Result aside, it was a good game to watch.

Gut wrenching loss an has flipped our season imho....must win won of the next 2 now an both will be bloody hard. Positive for me was we took on the best arm wrestler an neally won, Lennon an Lambert stood up, negatives brain fades an should/must kick goals that we missed....The bottom few must be replaced by talented kids like McBean,Ellis an co......geez I can't wait till Mckenzie is playing deep with a classy small forward at his feet

I'm devastated with this loss. It was a Pyrrhic victory for us but no four points. Pondering this result I think, if I were a player, it would be super motivation for next week. As a result we will come out breathing fire against the Hawks. I expect the unexpected. We may win the unwinnable but maybe I'm just a brightsider. Time will tell.

The Mole said:
I'm devastated with this loss. It was a Pyrrhic victory for us but no four points. Pondering this result I think, if I were a player, it would be super motivation for next week. As a result we will come out breathing fire against the Hawks. I expect the unexpected. We may win the unwinnable but maybe I'm just a brightsider. Time will tell.
I don't think we can beat the Hawks (at present I don't think anyone can), but we do have an odd habit of winning the games where we can go all out because we're not expected to do so.

ThePercies said:
So when we lose to hawthorn next friday night and results go against us we will be outside the 8? Am I correct?

Likely scenario and Houli will be the cause of this.

ThePercies said:
So when we lose to hawthorn next friday night and results go against us we will be outside the 8? Am I correct?

Likely. Shot ourselves in the foot

I wonder if the players slept well? I had the worst nights sleep. I was calm at the time but it really got to me later thinking what if !!