Richmond VS Purple Frocks GAME DAY | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond VS Purple Frocks GAME DAY

tigerlove said:
There are plenty of players who have had fine careers and missed from 15 metres in front. Even the great Kevin Bartlett kicked the same number of points as goals.

KB had a set shot to win a match at Arden St in 1977, 35m, slight angle and missed. Seemed like the most terrible thing to that point of my 8yo life!

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
KB had a set shot to win a match at Arden St in 1977, 35m, slight angle and missed. Seemed like the most terrible thing to that point of my 8yo life!

Haha, little were you to know what the last 35 years would bring.

Super disappointing, however compared to where I thought the team was at after 5 rounds I am pleased overall.

Losing Hampson was terrible luck, and feel that if we had a fit Corey Ellis, Edwards and Vickery in we most likely would have gotten over the line. The image of seeing the ball floating directly up the ground towards a bunch of freo players will haunt me for a while though. Such a kick is dumb during the heart of the game, but when you are in the dying minutes and have just been handed a lifeline it's almost unforgivable.

And I wish I didn't feel so flat when seeing our captain mark the ball in the forward 50. I'd almost rather he spill the mark and someone else rove for a snap at goal than trust him to kick it.

Today wasn't our day. All those misses and posts smelled like it would end in freo stealing a win and they did.

But we are coming, and I think we can all see it. I feel we are only a couple of players away.

Go tiges.

Absolutely gutted. No way we should have lost this game. Bad kicking is bad football. We hit the post 5 times.

Hampson going off hurt our structure. And that brain fade by Houli. We never go down the guys from kick ins. Never. What possessed him to break that mantra is gobsmacking.

And don't get me started on the umpires.

Two umpiring decisions cost us the game.

1. The 50 meters for Dusty squirting water at an opponent. For Christs sake I saw a spitter last week and there was no 50 meters (yes he got fined but there was no 50 meters).

2. The free kick against Rance to Pavilich was NOT a free kick. In truth Pavilich had his back to the ball when wrestling Rance so it should have been Rancer's free kick.

The number of goals Freo got from free kicks was the difference. Yes we kicked poorly, Yes we lost our structure in the last 5 minutes. But without those poor umpiring decisions we would have been at least 9 points up when Houli kicked in in the last 90 seconds.

RemoteTiger said:

1. The 50 meters for Dusty squirting water at an opponent. For Christs sake I saw a spitter last week and there was no 50 meters (yes he got fined but there was no 50 meters).

2. The free kick against Rance to Pavilich was NOT a free kick. In truth Pavilich had his back to the ball when wrestling Rance so it should have been Rancer's free kick.

The number of goals Freo got from free kicks was the difference. Yes we kicked poorly, Yes we lost our stricture in the last 5 minutes. But without those poor umpiring decisions we would have been at least 9 points up when Houli kicked in in the last 90 seconds.

#1 was a fair chance he would have kicked the goal anywa, the 50 just made sure of it.

RemoteTiger said:

Good call Remote. Shows how distorted some decisions are. Maybe the MRP will suspend Dusty for it...

2 things from the game, lloyd is the best small forward we have, so has to play all the time. No more morris.

2. Why was gordon getting a game ahead of lennon?

I am devastated! There was only 1 min left on the clock before the Houli kick, all we had to do was run the clock down.
Terrible loss and even worse to Freo!

Am trying to remember a worse loss.

Had plenty of bad ones not sure if many worse.

To have control of the game for so long, to get two goal breaks so often only to let them back in time and time again. And then the Houli debacle at the end. All this in such an important game.

Cant think of any worse.

So frustrated and agree with most on here. Houli didn't out us in the position of only being a couple of points ahead with a minute to go. A multitude of poor shots at goal and poor umpiring decisions put us there. But given we were there, I'm sure if he had his time again he wouldn't go up the ground.

I'm even more infuriated with what the likes of Ross Lyon have done with our game. So frustrating to watch.

toby64 said:

To have control of the game for so long, to get two goal breaks so often only to let them back in time and time again. And then the Houli debacle at the end. All this in such an important game.

Cant think of any worse.

Bah. I can think of 2 in a 3 game period in 2012. The K. Hunt game in Cairns and then the Brock McLean game against Scumton 2 weeks later. I was inconsolable for weeks after those.

Yeah today was hard and I'm spewing :vomit bur Freo is on top for a reason. We matched them and beat them in all areas except our woeful goal kicking which cost us the game.

toby64 said:

Cant think of any worse.

carlton elimination final was pretty bad.