Richmond VS Purple Frocks GAME DAY | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond VS Purple Frocks GAME DAY

stripes17 said:
I wonder if the players slept well? I had the worst nights sleep. I was calm at the time but it really got to me later thinking what if !!
3 hour drive home helped a little

this one burns in the gut. much more than others we have lost.

the good news is we don't have long to wait to atone.

beat the hawks and all is forgotten.

Carter said:

We won't get within 8 goals of them.

Carter said:

Still burning anger in me, but the good news is that we're not outside the 8 trying to get in. My anger on dumpires was just about gone this season until last night.

TigerForce said:
Still burning anger in me, but the good news is that we're not outside the 8 trying to get in. My anger on dumpires was just about gone this season until last night.
Woeful performance from them, KB wants more of them , all that will do is bring the standard down even more, we've gone from on the 12 best to the 27 best

ThePercies said:
I actually think we wont make the 8. I only see us winning 2 of our last 6 games.

Which of Suns (no ablett), Collingwood (no forward line) or Essendon (no coach ;D) will beat us.

The sky hasn't fallen in for Chr1sts sake - I can also see us beating Adelaide away like we did last year (we are a much better team than the 2014 version and we travel very well) yet I am not so sure Adelaide has improved that much.

I think we will win 4 games (very confident) and we could beat North (they are not playing that well).

year of the tiger said:
Which of Suns (no ablett), Collingwood (no forward line) or Essendon (no coach ;D) will beat us.

The sky hasn't fallen in for Chr1sts sake - I can also see us beating Adelaide away like we did last year (we are a much better team than the 2014 version and we travel very well) yet I am not so sure Adelaide has improved that much.

I think we will win 4 games (very confident) and we could beat North (they are not playing that well).
Agree yott. The only advantage Adelaide gets is that it's at home, but we're good interstate. This is not Port Power ala 2014 style. All 5 games winnable + a bonus win against the Hawks and we can make the 4.

Last night's error has to strengthen us not weaken us.

Carter said:

Yep we can atone. But unfortunately those vital 4 points are lost forever

I didn't get to see the game, thankfully, but our mids and forwards really need to fire because our backs are going to be stuffed by the end of the year.

feisty tige said:
I didn't get to see the game, thankfully, but our mids and forwards really need to fire because our backs are going to be stuffed by the end of the year.

I am gutted with the result and the impact it will have on our Top 4 chances

On the bright side

- we outplayed (except goal kicking) the ladder leader
- they were only missing Ballantyne and Johnson - We were missing Vickery, Edwards, Conca - from the usual starting 22
- they have a very old list with no individual improvement available
- we have a young list, and some players have considerable upside - eg Griffiths, Vlastuin, McIntosh,
- we have some youth showing potential, Cellis, Mendadue, Castagna,

so, while yesterday's result will mean we are unlikely to go deep into September 2015, we should be around the mark the next couple of years

Last 2 rounds have cost us dearly, We don't let Saints get back 6 odd goals and we defeat Fremantle we're in 4th place right now. Instead we get thumped by Hawks next week and Bulldogs beat Essendon and Crows win against struggling Sydney and North thump Blues we're suddenly 8th and Geelong probably just half a game behind us. Then we have to travel to Adelaide whilst Geelong play Swans. Suddenly we're fighting just to make finals. Swans are proving to be the most important team for us, they play Adelaide, Geelong and GWS and need to win a couple of those to give us breathing space.

We're going to find out a lot about the tigers over the next few weeks.

tigerlove said:
Last 2 rounds have cost us dearly, We don't let Saints get back 6 odd goals and we defeat Fremantle we're in 4th place right now. Instead we get thumped by Hawks next week and Bulldogs beat Essendon and Crows win against struggling Sydney and North thump Blues we're suddenly 8th and Geelong probably just half a game behind us. Then we have to travel to Adelaide whilst Geelong play Swans. Suddenly we're fighting just to make finals. Swans are proving to be the most important team for us, they play Adelaide, Geelong and GWS and need to win a couple of those to give us breathing space.

We're going to find out a lot about the tigers over the next few weeks.

We'll be good mate. The team will come together and come back hard from the loss to the Dorkers.

Tigers will make the semi's this year and make more progress heading into next season. Nearly time to get the sunnies out, nearly...

Just saw the game after avoiding the result for 24 hours!

*smile*!

Wasted opportunities. 4 points lost.

But we are contenders. No doubt about it. I am starting to believe.

Umpiring was shithouse.

Houli *smile* up but the other one Houli did that pissed me off is failed to put in the second effort in defensive 50 after a good spoil. Ran off instead and we lost the ball for a goal.

BrisTiger24 said:
Houli *smile*ed up but the other one Houli did that p!ssed me off is failed to put in the second effort in defensive 50 after a good spoil. Ran off instead and we lost the ball for a goal.

McIntosh also ran past the ball. They both gambled and lost.

Another bit of bad luck we had was when two pairs of players were chasing the ball at HF, our players had forged to the front in the chase only for the ball to bounce back back over their heads to a lagging Walters, whose kick could've trickled out of bounds in the pocket but veered toward the goals allowing Barlow to run onto it easily. Two unfavourable bounces for the price of one.

Will be interesting to see the coaches' votes for this game, given most observers gave the edge in general play to Richmond. Suspect Ross Lyon won't see it that way.