Richmond VS Purple Frocks GAME DAY | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond VS Purple Frocks GAME DAY

5 posters for us
4 goals from free kicks to them.
These are the key stats to the game.
we shot ourselves in the foot and the umpires ensured th shockers were always within touching distance.

time to cry!

Wow, haven;t felt so flat driving home on the Monash for quite a while. We played really well today but our kicking for goal really let us down, some easy kicks there, Dusty, Cotch (the one where he hit the post in the 1st quarter was worse than the one in the final quarter), Griffiths, Lloyd, Jack. As others have said though, poor kicking is poor footy.

We didn't deserve to lose that game and everything thinks the same about Houlis kick at the end there but I won't hang him over it as he's been good for us all year.

Shows we can really match it with the best, if we can make the game against the Hawks a contest then we will give them a really good game on Friday. Disappointed to lose and seriously deflated but there were a lot of positives today.

Also agree that the umpires were awful today, when the whistle was blown for that Rance free I thought he was giving it to Rance until I saw him point that other way. What a terrible decision. There were plenty of others to go with them too.

So we got beat by the Eagles and then came out and beat the swans..
I wouldn't discount our mob just yet.

There is something here that we a haven't seen for a long time, yes. We got done today but geez
2 years ago we would have got smashed...

Just did ladder predictor . Based on current ladder positions we finish fifth. Shame we couldn't get into top 4, but we did play well against Adelaide Sydney & west coast, going on to beat hawthorn for the flag.

All's well that will end well.

mrposhman said:
Wow, haven;t felt so flat driving home on the Monash for quite a while. We played really well today but our kicking for goal really let us down, some easy kicks there, Dusty, Cotch (the one where he hit the post in the 1st quarter was worse than the one in the final quarter), Griffiths, Lloyd, Jack. As others have said though, poor kicking is poor footy.

We didn't deserve to lose that game and everything thinks the same about Houlis kick at the end there but I won't hang him over it as he's been good for us all year.

Shows we can really match it with the best, if we can make the game against the Hawks a contest then we will give them a really good game on Friday. Disappointed to lose and seriously deflated but there were a lot of positives today.

Also agree that the umpires were awful today, when the whistle was blown for that Rance free I thought he was giving it to Rance until I saw him point that other way. What a terrible decision. There were plenty of others to go with them too.

We did deserve to lose. Had chance after chance to put em away but let em off the hook time and time again.

I felt the ending was almost inevitable. Led pretty much all game yet get headed at the death. Just have to shake your head sometimes at the profligacy of this side. Got away with in recent games against weaker opposition not so today.

Hopefully a lesson learned but Richmond have shown themselves to be slow learners so wont hold my breath.

T-Shirt Tommy said:
Who do you have us playing?

I just picked us (and everyone else) according to ladder positions. That means we lose next week and win the rest.

I don't believe that will happen, but I had to use this method as I tend to significantly underestimate our chances nowadays.

We might just be a team that is capable of beating sides around/ below us now . At least that's been the pattern for most of the season...

After today's game I heart says we'd be lucky to find the "3 more requisite wins " to play off, but my head thinks no we can do better than that. I think freo are posing, but it may well have been the second hardest game we have left to play in the h&a season.

tigers80 said:
So we got beat by the Eagles and then came out and beat the swans..
I wouldn't discount our mob just yet.

There is something here that we ah enemy seen for a long time, yes. We got done today but geez
2 years ago we would have got smashed...

Ah 2 years ago Freo made the GF and we beat them at the MCG. Just saying..............

But I tend to agree. It's probably not as bad a loss as it seems. Bad goal kicking is what cost us. We matched them and in some ways outplayed them otherwise. We now seem to be very competitive against top teams.

We need to do 3 things:

1. Obviously improve our goal kicking. It is putrid and finally cost us tonight.

2. Not drop games against inferior opposition (Bulldogs, Melbourne etc).

3. Develop a killer instinct, like Hawthorn, to completely annihilate sides when we have them on the ropes.

Do these 3 things and we are genuine top 4.

How many holding the balls did the umps miss !!! That free against batch early was horrible and the one against Rance was just plain wrong. I normally don't blame umpires but tonigh I do. If at the game you would see that the kick from houli to lambert was absolutely on but he took too long to decide to kick it there and he didn't hit it right. Lambert was on his own in the guts for 10-15 seconds before houli chose the option. Houli should have played on and driven it to him and we old have gone coast to coast.

our kicking at the G has been dreadful this year. Why?
Houli blundered but we should never have been in the position we were in when he blundered.

Ridley said:
Ah 2 years ago Freo made the GF and we beat them at the MCG. Just saying..............

But I tend to agree. It's probably not as bad a loss as it seems. Bad goal kicking is what cost us. We matched them and in some ways outplayed them otherwise. We now seem to be very competitive against top teams.

We need to do 3 things:

1. Obviously improve our goal kicking. It is putrid and finally cost us tonight.

2. Not drop games against inferior opposition (Bulldogs, Melbourne etc).

3. Develop a killer instinct, like Hawthorn, to completely annihilate sides when we have them on the ropes.

Do these 3 things and we are genuine top 4.
as another poster noted we are not finishing games off and we can go long periods in games without kicking a goal.

Super disappointed. We beat ourselves.

The game plan worked. We had Freo under pressure, they didn't look themselves. We can compete with the top four. I don't think that is in question. We've stood up. And we had no luck, Freo had the rub, that's fooball.

Smashed by the umpires, five posters, good players missing gettable shots and the top side beat us by under a kick.

caspar said:
Just did ladder predictor . Based on current ladder positions we finish fifth. Shame we couldn't get into top 4, but we did play well against Adelaide Sydney & west coast, going on to beat hawthorn for the flag.

All's well that will end well.

North will most likely be above us next week though on Percentage won't they ? and they have an easier run home .

SCOOP said:
Super disappointed. We beat ourselves.

The game plan worked. We had Freo under pressure, they didn't look themselves. We can compete with the top four. I don't think that is in question. We've stood up. And we had no luck, Freo had the rub, that's fooball.

Smashed by the umpires, five posters, good players missing gettable shots and the top side beat us by under a kick.

When that ball bounced as it did for Barlows goal in the last I thought luck was going to come long and kill us as well.

Agree with your sentiments and whilst really disappointed there are plenty of positives. Add Sheds, Ellis, Knights and probably Vickery to that team and we will seriously trouble teams.

Yeah, and really the one thing I really wouldn't want would be to have to play them when it mattered I'e last round with both of us vying fora spot.

Freo in the finals? Why, I'd be delighted.

Looks like it will come down to the last round to make the eight .
North at their home ground .
Were are our wins going to come from ?
Suns Bombers when was the last time we beat the pies twice in the one year ?
Feeling nervous about the eight 30 years of heartbreak .

For me its not about competing with the top four its beating them. We were favorites in many peoples eyes today and rightly so. Freo not at their best, playing away from home. It was there for the taking.

Massive opportunity lost today.

Its well and good to say we can compete with the best etc but we were saying that in 2013 and what have we got to show for it? Surely we are at the stage of our development where simply competing with the Freos of this world is not enough?

Its about taking your opportunities when they present themselves because you just never know when they might present themselves again. Hawks are a standout, the rest so so. Massive opportunity to do some damage this year. We shouldnt be talking about tomorrow ww should be living in the now. We wont get the chance to play for todays 4 points again.

Today was just a massive waste in a game we dominated everywhere but where it counts.

69 vintage said:
Looks like it will come down to the last round to make the eight .
North at their home ground .
Were are our wins going to come from ?
Suns Bombers when was the last time we beat the pies twice in the one year ?
Feeling nervous about the eight 30 years of heartbreak .

yep i just done ladder calculator and its going to be very close.

Dogs/ Roos/ have very very easy last 6 games. Dogs will def make it if they win tmrw so we need the scum to win which won't happen i don't reckon.