Richmond vs Gold Coast Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond vs Gold Coast Game Day Thread

Wayne, I don't think anyone would be proud of that. I hope no kids were in the vicinity.

Disco08 said:
Rubbish. How can the whole team be responsible for one or two player's ineptitude?

Why was the backline not flooded? How many players made poor decisions not holding the ball up? Why was Hunt on his own 20 metres out? Why was the team in the position where they lost an 18 point lead?

Sorry Disco, sure Derrickx screwed up but so did the coach and most of the team. Too easy to blame a single player.

Punxsutawney Phil said:
Yep no two ways about it. This club continually finds new and more ludicrous ways to shoot itself in the foot.

That light we could see at the end of the tunnel was the reality train heading straight for us. I truly can't see us ever breaking out of this cycle of mediocrity.

Had the worst nights sleep for a long time last night, replaying that last minute over and over. Still can't believe professional footballers could be so inept. It beggars belief.

After 30 years of abject failure you couldn't possible see how the RFC could go any lower. But hats off to them, they never fail to find away to disappoint the loyal and diehard supporters.

3 goals up, 5-6 minutes to go against arguably the worst side in the comp that has not won a game for a year but we still manage a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Congratulations RFC; a new nadir!!

As horrible as it was, I did learn a lot yesterday:

Tom, Webberley and Gus should be cut at the end of the year

On the subject of insurance, Luke >>> Miller, so cut him

Morris, Ellis and Conca will either be high B or A-Graders in 2-3 years.

O'Hanlon can play and improves every week

Kel did not skip a beat; a great first game back.

Addddam was better in the 2nd half.

Overall, we knew we did not have the depth and had to replace 10 players in the last two weeks. Not surprising that #s 30 - 32 are probably good VFL players.

That's the rational take. My 20-yr old son sent me a text at 7.30: 'I hate my life'. It was impossible to say anything to make him feel better...

jamo said:
No excuses brightsiders

It was a soft, insipid and pathetic effort from our team.

They are weak minded, as we could have all predicted this would happen, too many passengers as usual, predictable as usual.

We will get absolutely smashed next week.

Yep at RFC the more things change the more they stay the same.

Yeah we had injuries, yeah it was hot blah blah blah. The fact is we were 3 goals up with 5-6 minutes to go against a team that had not won a game in a over a year but in inimitable RFC fashion we manufactured a way to lose; because that is what we do. That's how we roll.

Didn't see Essendon have any trouble travelling interstate with massive injury list and still accounting for a lowly opponent.

Re: Missing Tigers

Fighting Fury said:
Houli standing 15 m off him instead of shoulder to shoulder. Fair dinkum buy a clue Houli.

Absolutely inept B grade football.

Agree with this. Looks good out in space with the ball in hand but when the going gets tough he goes missing. Shocking in one on one contests as well.

I woke up this morning and I'm still shattered. Listening to the analysis and discussion of the game on SEN didn't help the emotional rehabilitation we are all undergoing!
I think before the technicalities of game plans and structures are addressed, the club needs to seriously look at the mental fragility of this playing group!!

What an awful feeling.
Losing to GC twice.

It was our HOME GAME but the media promoted Gold Coast all game.

The great fightback from a shocking first half(obvious the conditions played a part and a few key players out of the team)then the spirited fightback.
All looked safe 10 points up with less thahn a minute to go.
Home and hosed.

Even when they kicked a goal.

Then they hit the front after Hunts mark and goal.

Killing our finals chances in one kick.

Your worst enemy wouldn't do that to you.

Shaking head in disbelief.
After the warning of last year.

I'm still getting over this.

Once again the media were all over the opposition team.
David King was shocking.

We do tend to bringout the hatred in the media.

More than any other club in the league and by quite a margin.

The only way to remedy this is to win against North.
Give those suffereing Tiger supporters who have put heaps of money into the FTF.

All those young kids who go to school and get bullied every Monday because they're a Tiger.

Despite the loss,I will be going to watch Richmond and hopefully turn it around against North.

LOL,Thank God we had that dinner before this game.

Ok, so I've calmed down now. Still gutted, bewildered too, but I've calmed down.

So, this might sound very strange, but I'm glad we lost yesterday.

It has 100% proved that RFC is not good enough to be in the finals this year.
It has 100% proved that we have no depth.
It has 100% proved that the football department has a long, long way to go to be where we want to be.
It has 100% proved that the players at RFC are mentally weak.
It has 100% proved that the players at RFC are soft.
It has 100% proved that the players at RFC cannot handle pressure.

Is this an over reaction?

Probably, but sh!t I'm hurting!! :mad:

Listening to 3aw at the moment,and Darren James just said ,looking forward to hearing talkback after 12pm ,all those Richmond supporters going mad on talkback yippee

Our depth are mostly players that know they are on the scrap heap.

Graham, McGuane, White, Webberley...

That's why we need these guys out and fresh faces (young or mature age) in ASAP.

Guys that want to put in a good performance to cement a spot in the side, not guys that know they'll be out as soon as so and so is fit to take their spot.

smasha said:
What an awful feeling.
Losing to GC twice.

Are we the only team in the AFL not to have beaten GC? They have also beaten Brisbane (who have subsequently reversed that result) and Port Adelaide (not sure if they have played them again after that).

We are the GCs b!tches!!! What a title RFC. Congrats.

Another thing, why don't these guys seem to step up to the challenge of smashing a side that they are expected to.

When I was a kid, there was nothing better than winning by 100 and kicking 25+ goals.

When we kicked 7 in a row yesterday we looked a class above, but as per usual, as soon as we hit the front we stopped.

There were a lot of mistakes made in the last few minutes, Derrickx was most glaring but it was slippery and I can accept that mistake.

Despite Lids great outside game, he cost us in my view. Everyone knew the game was up for grabs in that last 30 seconds and Lids failed to put his body on the line in that last centre bounce. A decent side with true leaders would risked life and limb in that last centre bounce to trap the ball then get numbers around it. Very disappointing from a leader in a crunch moment.

Houli is another that lets you down in crunch moments. He is a major liability inside our defensive 50. The fact that he is our designated kicker really worries me, he panics, makes poor decisions and will not go when it's his turn. (+ Failed to man up in that last 30 seceonds) I would replace him with Helbig in a heartbeat.

Loved the game of Cotch, Newy and the return of Moore. These blokes can hold their head high.

besides all the other mistakes, and yes Houli should have been standing on his man, nistead he tried to read where Matera was going to kick it, and got it wrong, but 5 blokes chased Matera and not one got near him. if 3 chased instead, and the other 2 stayed back in the hole it might have been a different story.
that composure is something that will hopefully come.

Tiger68 said:
There were a lot of mistakes made in the last few minutes, Derrickx was most glaring but it was slippery and I can accept that mistake.

Accepting mistakes like that is exactly why we are as *smile* as we are. Not good enough, nowhere near AFL standard. It wasn't even a spear pass; it was a lollypop he dropped. Has to go.

Karmichael Hunt...You're A Star !

Yeah I'm still *smile*' hurting with yesterday's result...

But I wanted to acknowledge Hunt...because I admired him as a Champion in his Rugby League days...

I admire his mental and physical strength...his willingness to learn from mistakes...his heart...his protection of team mates...he'd bleed for you !

Unfortunately there's players in our team that refuse to go that extra mile when it counts...and I'd take a Karmichael Hunt type over them any day.

I felt sorry for our future Captain and Vice Captain yesterday in Cotchin & Deledio...they did go that extra mile...especially Trent...

I won't name the players ( a couple of them didn't play yesterday )...we all know who they are....it's time our Coaching Panel stop playing favourites...and delist them at seasons end...

Next week's game will test our team's character...

Are they prepared to go that extra mile... ?

If they do...we will win...and season is back on track...

RainsyBaby