Richmond vs Gold Coast Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond vs Gold Coast Game Day Thread

haveago said:
I can't even imagine barracking for a side that you expect to win every week and see finals and God forbid Grand Finals.

What does that even feel like?? Can someone describe it? Cos I certainly don't think I'll get to experience it in my lifetime the way the club is going.

Honestly who would begrudge Cotchin for wanting to leave this complete rabble of a club? He is too good a player not to play finals, and the way we are traveling he must wonder if he will ever get that opportunity.

I was not surprised by the result at all, in fact I tipped the Suns.
As soon as we lost Maric pre-game we were in trouble.
It's a shocking loss but given how thin our list is and our recent injuries and suspensions, it was not a surprise.

Dustin Martin - you need to play the best game of your life this week - you owe ths club!

Hi all.
I am an ex PRE poster. This is 1st post this year, and I have not even looked at PRE all year.
Something inside me made me want look and share this morning however.
All I wanted to say, like I have read a few others say, is I was as close to tears yest as I have ever been.
After 30 years of pain, the lose is right up there with worst.
I was just in shock. Shock how bad the first half was. Shock how we lifted after half time. Shock we were 3 goals up late in the game, home. Shock we were 10 pts up with about 25 secs left, home. Shock how we couldnt run the clock down. Shock at how it ended.
6 weeks ago we were on the rise.
Now it is over. Since StK, Freo bad, just beat GWS, bad lose to Adel, poor against Melb, now yest.
I cant believe how it has just all gone wrong.
We have about 10 players out and others dont step up. New players come in and havnt taken their chance. We just fall apart.
Finals are gone.
It just feels like it will never happen.
The club is doing such a great job. But it just feels like it isnt meant to be, ever. Ever.

Jack said:
Hi all.
I am an ex PRE poster. This is 1st post this year, and I have not even looked at PRE all year.
Something inside me made me want look and share this morning however.
All I wanted to say, like I have read a few others say, is I was as close to tears yest as I have ever been.
After 30 years of pain, the lose is right up there with worst.
I was just in shock. Shock how bad the first half was. Shock how we lifted after half time. Shock we were 3 goals up late in the game, home. Shock we were 10 pts up with about 25 secs left, home. Shock how we couldnt run the clock down. Shock at how it ended.
6 weeks ago we were on the rise.
Now it is over. Since StK, Freo bad, just beat GWS, bad lose to Adel, poor against Melb, now yest.
I cant believe how it has just all gone wrong.
We have about 10 players out and others dont step up. New players come in and havnt taken their chance. We just fall apart.
Finals are gone.
It just feels like it will never happen.
The club is doing such a great job. But it just feels like it isnt meant to be, ever. Ever.
Agree Jack, I don't ever post,but just venting on pre,has made me feel a bit better,still won't listen to the radio for at least a week,and the crap that I know is coming my way from work mates and the like,well I am used too that now.

Re: Missing Tigers

Punxsutawney Phil said:
X 5. Had the worst nights sleep in a long time. Kept replaying the last minute over and over in my head.

Still can't believe we lost it.
Same here.
Can't remember the last time I felt so numb after a loss.

ok,,, the TV is still in tact after throwing what ever I had around me after what has to be the most gut wrenching loss I have seen for some time. We where on the improve 6-7 weeks ago BUT when you take out Maric, Grimes, Foley, Martin, Ty (even out of form) and to a lesser extent Griff and Jackson, the cupboard is thin. Gus and Webberly will not be at Richmond next year, Luke will be lucky to be there too.

I dont care what Richmond states, our players looked spent half way through the first. My wife, a complete non football follower even said why are Richmond players sweating to much (she didnt know the game was up north). Clearly conditions GC adapted much quicker to. We keep selling home games, we keep kissing 4pts down the drain!

Only a solid win against North will help heal this pain im feeling this morning.

Re: A Good Year

Punxsutawney Phil said:
I kind of feel the same. The season is over, the pressure is off, results for he rest of the year are effectively meaningless now.

agree boys: season over, dont have to worry about other resuts/injuries to our players etc. we will finish 12th.
pressure off.

I don't know what to think anymore. I'll continue to follow the club and I'll buy a membership next year, but it's more out of misplaced hope than anything else. I just can't see this club ever getting better, they do the same thing year after year, player after player, coach after coach. They're as far away from success now as they ever were.

I was more shocked how GC fell to pieces in the 3rd than our keystone cops efforts. They looked good in the first half. Will still be a good side in 2 years. O'Meara and Whitfield to slot straight in.

Like a couple of others on here, I was never confident of winning this game for the below reasons.

1. We went into the game with our weakest starting 22 for a long, long time
2. GC went into this game with their strongest starting 22 in a long time (past 2 weeks they got Rischitelli, Harbrow, Stanley, Swallow and a couple of others back, who they haven't had in a long while)
3. Playing in humid conditions in Cairns
4. We have very minimal depth and can't handle having 7-8 of our starting 22 out, nor can most sides.
5. We still can't handle slippery conditions, even after playing on wet/slippery grounds at least 2 or 3 times this year

Everything pointed toward a close game and a very possible Tiger loss. As a list, we're nowhere near it yet.

Main thing as far as I'm concerned is what we learn from this moving forward. I expect the players and coaches would have learned that:

1. It's not over until the final sirens gone
2. Don't let Hunt (or any player) have a shot after the siren with 1 player on the mark. Should have been 16 players acting like crazy clowns standing behind Houli on the mark
3. Defensive setup after Harbrow kicked that goal should have been very different. Coaches need to have a plan in place for situations like that - eg, only seconds to go in game with less than a kick in it. Must flood the defence and not allow a mark inside 50
4. Players must treat games like that as a final, not a training session with minimal intensity in the first half which was dismal. Too many passengers in the game that cost us. We are not good enough yet to have 3-4 players bludge...
5. Players and coaches must hurt as much, if not more than all of us die hards on here to ensure this never happens again

Not much we can do about injuries but there were things we should have done much better to prevent that type of sh!t ever happening again.

With our long term injuries and obvious lack of depth, we were never going to play finals this year IMO which was evident this past month with our performances. We certainly weren't going to make an impact in the finals but we must learn and do something about this going into 2013, where I feel we can make a genuine tilt at a top 6 spot.

My advice - hibernate this week and rear your heads next Sunday.

Devastated!

Good post, Newman. I'm going into hibernation now. I'm actually ashamed to support them now. This is unforgivable. If North can't beat this rabble by in excess of 60 points they don't deserve to make finals either.

No excuses brightsiders

It was a soft, insipid and pathetic effort from our team.

They are weak minded, as we could have all predicted this would happen, too many passengers as usual, predictable as usual.

We will get absolutely smashed next week.

Time to clean up the lounge room...

Grant Hackett would be proud ;D

035373-ha.jpg

910963-hackett-apartment.jpg

Re: Missing Tigers

arlobill said:
No one spotted hunt all on his own 20 yards out from goal!

Houli standing 15 m off him instead of shoulder to shoulder. Fair dinkum buy a clue Houli.

Absolutely inept B grade football.

Harry said:
We'll beat North next week. Put money on it.
You mean now it doesn't matter anymore? Yeah, you're probably right and that's one of the many things that seriously bothers me about the club.

Tigermad2005 said:
Are we the joke of the AFL?

Yep, we certainly are. Opposition fans having a field day at the expense of us...

Only way we can rectify this is by beating norf and carlton in the coming fortnight...won't happen though.

Ah Richmond, you've done it again!