Richmond vs Gold Coast Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond vs Gold Coast Game Day Thread

Re: suppose to play gold coast twice this season

Bunnerz said:
decision has cost us 8pts if that is the case which it probably is........

Or may have cost GCS their second win of the season.

Punxsutawney Phil said:
Still angry, don't think I will be able to sleep.

Cannot remember having ever felt so gutted after a football game. I bloody hope the players are hurting, because they have screwed up a whole season in 30 seconds.
Agreed - one of the worst losses I can remember. Comparable to when we were flogged by Geelong in 2007 - at least then I knew the club was in the doldrums in every capacity. However now, I expect more. Won't accept the mediocrity that's been dished up for the last 30 years. I want a better club for my kids to follow. For all the positives from earlier this year, the last month, capped off by today has been dreadful. Club needs to get back on track in many areas - coach saying that even God conspiring against us doesn't help and doesn't excuse the appalling performance of coach and players today.

Mac said:
Jumped back from the 'changes against north' thread back to here...

Hypothetical time.....I wonder how we would have gone today had we had a stand alone reserves team instead of the Coburg affiliation?
In a tight contest, would it have made a difference if all players were 'on the same page' and confident with the game plan? Would it have even been a tight contest? A few close games that could have fallen to us, but we we just couldn't quite find a way to win them.

Does this situaiton just amplify our lack of depth beyond how it should affect results? The Pies have found ways over good sides (apart from last week's aberation) and they had a shokcing run of outs. Even with our outs, we really should have beaten the worst team in the comp.

So in the spirit of the other thread....
OUT: Coburg
IN: Stand alone rezzies..

Agree and thank God it's going to happen sooner than the proposed 3 years down the track that was stated earlier in the year. Pretty sure there is a slight chance next year but nearly a definate the year after for us to have our own stand-alone VFL team. Will be a major benefit with every player on our list being played and developed with our game-plan and structures & in the positions, etc. we want them to play.

Tigers of Old said:
Where was the leadership in those last few minutes?

our skipper was off with concussion after a knee to the head.
without he, and Jackson, our leadership was sorely missing.

Mac said:
So in the spirit of the other thread....
OUT: Coburg
IN: Stand alone rezzies..

Agree with this however, can't excuse the dumb football that even a little league can follow in the last minute or two. Can't beleive paid professionals didn't know how to read the play at such a crucial point in the match...

Gone in 30 Seconds

No it isnt the title of the new Nicholas Cage film, but it sums up how a season of such promise was destroyed in half a minute of mind blowing ineptitude.

I cannot recall as many shocking errors packed into such a short period of time, nor a game lost in such circumstances.

We can blame the injuries, the admin for selling the game, whatever, but the real reason we lost and our season is screwed is down to that final 30 seconds which the players will never get back.

I hope that burns them for a long long time, because that *smile* simply should not happen.

The 3 most critical plays that cost us the game....when a team is 10 points up with 43 secs to play u dont lose!!!

A) Derickx dropped mark was an embarrassment and that was the game cruncher in a nutshell
B) Ball bak in center, still 4 pts up with 25 secs left there should have been 1 player in our fwd 50 and EVERYONE else in our defensive zone.....terrible leadership and the coaches should've had the runner out directing everyone to go bak
C) At the center square with 25 secs to go we shouldve gone man on man thus allowing more chance of a stoppage to occur/ball up

This loss for me is one of the worst in the last 5-10 years....why are we so upset because it ends our season im an optimist but theres NO CHANCE we'll make the 8....cats losing perfect opportunity for us to be only % behind saints in the 8 and a game behind cats....

AstuteTiger said:
The 3 most critical plays that cost us the game....when a team is 10 points up with 43 secs to play u dont lose!!!

A) Derickx dropped mark was an embarrassment and that was the game cruncher in a nutshell
B) Ball bak in center, still 4 pts up with 25 secs left there should have been 1 player in our fwd 50 and EVERYONE else in our defensive zone.....terrible leadership and the coaches should've had the runner out directing everyone to go bak
C) At the center square with 25 secs to go we shouldve gone man on man thus allowing more chance of a stoppage to occur/ball up

This loss for me is one of the worst in the last 5-10 years....why are we so upset because it ends our season im an optimist but theres NO CHANCE we'll make the 8....cats losing perfect opportunity for us to be only % behind saints in the 8 and a game behind cats....

Summed up what I think mate.

And its not just the last 1 minute or so.

We got a lesson last year on what to expect and still got blown away in the first half.

We actually got back in the game and then blew it again.

We just don't learn and the fact that we let a bloody ex-rugby league player who is playing his second season of AFL after never playing the game before to roam that free in the forward-50 when we are trying to hang on in a must-win game is just embarassing :-[

Either Hardwick, Gale or March better do the rounds of radio and TV on Sunday to try and provide an adequate response for many members including me who are seething with anger as to how our club is a laughing stock again.

Don't hide behind assistant coaches or media spokesmen, get out and face the music. 50k long suffering members deserve to hear some people at the top genuinely feeling the same level of hurt as we do.

I don't want an apology - worth nothing - I want to hear the plan as to how we're going to get better as a club.

Yep unbelievable 45 seconds So many errors/misjudgements

1. Tucky kicks short to the middle rather than long and wide.
2. Derrickx drops mark
3. Derrickx stumbles ball away from his control.
4. Tucky misses tackle
5. Rance misses Tackle (Harbrow only kicks on his left but Alex took the candy)
6. Midfield set up wrong
7. Grigg cant clear
8. Deledio fumbles and runs over ball.
9. Rance goes to ground when leading for the ball and air swings the ball.
10. Houli sags off his man - easy mark to Hunt.

We rectify any one of those mistakes and we most likely win

lamb22 said:

2. Derrickx drops mark
4. Tucky misses tackle
6. Midfield set up wrong
7. Grigg cant clear

disagree on the first one. tuckys kick was fine. exactly what to do in that situation- the easiest kick to keep possession.

another mistake though, was made by morris. he was matera's man but let him way too much room to pick the ball up and make that pass.

lamb22 said:

2. Derrickx drops mark

4. Tucky misses tackle
6. Midfield set up wrong
7. Grigg cant clear

forget about No 3 to 10 its Numbers 1 and 2 that clearly cost us the game

AstuteTiger said:

Going a bit easy on Jack. His refusal to lead when one out on the wing with a paddock behind him(he thought he was icing the clock) forcing an unnecessary switch that resulted in a turnover and goal.

Brodders17 said:
disagree on the first one. tuckys kick was fine. exactly what to do in that situation- the easiest kick to keep possession.

another mistake though, was made by morris. he was matera's man but let him way too much room to pick the ball up and make that pass.

Not a clanger Brodders but not a good place to have a turnover. Long and wide and we win.

I think Grigg had a bit of space on the wing and that's where it should have gone.