Richmond vs Gold Coast Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond vs Gold Coast Game Day Thread

Re: A deep breath.

premiers2012 said:
Deleted - don't avoid the swear filter

i was alos in adeliade (5 hour drive). and a few game sin melb this year ( 4 hours 30 ). neally went to carins. sister and dad did.
stuff it. i know it sounds harsh but im not signing up next year or going to anyother match this year. why sign up when we play home games in cairns and do that and only play gold coast once a year instead of twice.

I was in Cairns last year, I was in Adelaide a fortnight ago.

They can get stuffed until they show why me I should follow this mediocore rabble anywhere :mad:

tigerfan1961 said:
I accept what you are saying but they almost beat the Cats last week and we are truly p!ss poor for depth. We CANNOT cover injuries at this stage of our development.

I have been a brightsider to date but that loss today is testing me, especially after the result last year. Mind you, with Martin,Maric and Foley in to that side, we win easily IMO

It's a compound effect too. Not only could you add Maric, Foley, Martin, Griffiths and Grimey but you also then get to subtract Graham, Derrickx, McGuane, Moore and Webberley. If you can't see that making a 15 goal difference you haven't been watching close enough.

Phantom said:
It hurts, but that's how it goes with so many injuries.

It hurts, but one must look at things realistically.
The AFL is a tough competition and there are no easy games.

Agreed Phantom.
I was worried about this game after selection and as soon as I saw we lost Maric and Griffith before the game I was preparing for a loss.
Just looked at the list and we only really had Browne, Post, Elton and Miller left to pick from a list of 40.

Having said that, the problems of a poor list still exist.

Phantom said:

Best Tiger 18, possibly:

B: Morris, Rance, Griffiths
HB: Batchelor, Grimes, Newman
C: Grigg, Martin, Deledio
HF: Jackson, Vickery, Cotchin
F: Nahas, Reiwoldt, King
R: Maric, Tuck, Foley

Without those unavailable for whatever reason,

B: Morris, Rance, ........
HB: Batchelor, ........, Newman
C: Grigg, ......., Deledio
HF: ........, ........, Cotchin
F: Nahas, Reiwoldt, ....
R: ....., Tuck, ......

And missing players came from:

CHF, Centre, CHB, 1st Ruck & 1st Rover

Most important positions on the field.

It happens.
Can't do much about it, when injuries & suspensions cut so deep.

Phantom said:

It happens.

Yep. Good posts Phantom. Only multiple years of good recruiting can create the depth we currently require.

Disco08 said:
It's a compound effect too. Not only could you add Maric, Foley, Martin, Griffiths and Grimey but you also then get to subtract Graham, Derrickx, McGuane, Moore and Webberley. If you can't see that making a 15 goal difference you haven't been watching close enough.

15 goal difference?

thought muscles has been good btw

Phantom said:

It happens.

Fair call and when rational thinking returns, reckon most will see this. We can cover a certain number of absences with "depth" players, but had too many gaps today to win an AFL match, even with our three best players producing.

Harry said:
15 goal difference?

thought muscles has been good btw

Easily 15 goals. Did you see Graham's "ruckwork"? The difference between that and Ivan is 10 goals alone.

McGuane's been OK but if not for injury we'd have last year's version of Vickery plus a year's development. I know who I'd prefer.

Disco08 said:
Easily 15 goals. Did you see Graham's "ruckwork"? The difference between that and Ivan is 10 goals alone.

McGuane's been OK but if not for injury we'd have last year's version of Vickery plus a year's development. I know who I'd prefer.
how did you quantify the 10 goals?

Phantom said:

Best Tiger 18, possibly:

B: Morris, Rance, Griffiths
HB: Batchelor, Grimes, Newman
C: Grigg, Martin, Deledio
HF: Jackson, Vickery, Cotchin
F: Nahas, Reiwoldt, King
R: Maric, Tuck, Foley

Without those unavailable for whatever reason,

B: Morris, Rance, ........
HB: Batchelor, ........, Newman
C: Grigg, ......., Deledio
HF: ........, ........, Cotchin
F: Nahas, Reiwoldt, ....
R: ....., Tuck, ......

We were 10 points up with under a minute to play. It does not matter who was and wasn't out there, we threw it away. Yet another 4 points goes begging. There is no possible excuse that can justify today's debacle.

I even dared to believe that things were changing at Richmond. That will teach me.

whatabout said:
hi tangles you have been a member since 2004. Where have you been?
keep to myself just read ,but tonite need to vent a little it helps to share the pain,been a proud tiger since the 70s
And I can understand everyones pain,we just need too stick together.

Disco08 said:

yeah, I saw Grahams ruckwork. was pretty ordinary. I also saw tiger players fumbling, falling over, and bludging all over the ground. don't think Maric would have turned that sort of effort into 10 more goals for us.

Disco08 said:
Have you congratulated Leysy on his astute punting today tim?
leysy doesn't need to get my congrats disco. And your answer is?

Disco08 said:
Exactly Disco- depth is our BIGGEST issue, We are getting there but nowhere near the required depth at the moment

we never seem to let an opportunity go to be the laughing stock of the afl

Yep, for those that feel downhearted,

I suggest you dial up the first of two Rockwiz episodes tonight.

The highlight was Steve Harley live, singing Cockney Rebel.

Watching Harley sing this song took all the hurt away.

tigertim said:
leysy doesn't need to get my congrats disco. And your answer is?

Of course you wouldn't tim. I quantified by watching today and remembering back to how much better we played with Maric. We've been having 10 or more extra scoring shots against equally poor teams the last few weeks. Today they had more shots. The ruckman plays a massive part in getting the team going. It's simple deduction really.