Richmond vs Gold Coast Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond vs Gold Coast Game Day Thread

It hurts, but that's how it goes with so many injuries.

Best Tiger 18, possibly:

B: Morris, Rance, Griffiths
HB: Batchelor, Grimes, Newman
C: Grigg, Martin, Deledio
HF: Jackson, Vickery, Cotchin
F: Nahas, Reiwoldt, King
R: Maric, Tuck, Foley

Without those unavailable for whatever reason,

B: Morris, Rance, ........
HB: Batchelor, ........, Newman
C: Grigg, ......., Deledio
HF: ........, ........, Cotchin
F: Nahas, Reiwoldt, ....
R: ....., Tuck, ......

It hurts, but one must look at things realistically.
The AFL is a tough competition and there are no easy games.

Jukes Extended said:
I've haven't been this embarrassed for a long time....acually it was last year when we played GC.
Thanks for the birthday gift boys.

I might head over to the men's gallery to cheer me up.
can i come?

Phantom said:
It hurts, but that's how it goes with so many injuries.

Best Tiger 18, possibly:

B: Morris, Rance, Griffiths
HB: Batchelor, Grimes, Newman
C: Grigg, Martin, Deledio
HF: Jackson, Vickery, Cotchin
F: Nahas, Reiwoldt, King
R: Maric, Tuck, Foley

Without those unavailable for whatever reason,

B: Morris, Rance, ........
HB: Batchelor, ........, Newman
C: Grigg, ......., Deledio
HF: ........, ........, Cotchin
F: Nahas, Reiwoldt, ....
R: ....., Tuck, ......

agree with you totally Phantom. We do not have anywhere near the depth and ability to cover nearly 50% of our first choice 18 to be missing, not to mention Batchelor and Rance getting injured during the game.
I notice you have left Houli out of our best 18. Have been a rap for him to date but now see him as a liability- was pathetic today and almost as bad for the past 3 games. His kicking and decision making have been sub par for a while now.
Please recruiters, get us another ruckman and plenty more mids, and coaching staff, for goodness sake, devise a game plan that allows us to take advantage of our forward 50 entries- has killed us all season long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tigerfan1961 said:
agree with you totally Phantom. We do not have anywhere near the depth and ability to cover nearly 50% of our first choice 18 to be missing, not to mention Batchelor and Rance getting injured during the game.

Please recruiters, get us another ruckman and plenty more mids, and coaching staff, for goodness sake, devise a game plan that allows us to take advantage of our forward 50 entries- has killed us all season long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on! We played a team that had 21 previous losses.

Tigers2011 said:
Members have a right to be devastated and angry - I know I am. However assuming that we're not going to close the doors (as tempting as that may seem tonight), we have to fix this club, specifically why this type of performance and result keeps happening.

Tearing up membership tickets isn't the answer. Your can tear up or melt the card, but you can never remove the emotional attachment you have to the club - that's why this result hurts so badly. For those of us who've been around a while and remember when the club was truly great, the current situation is sickening.

The answer remains with the following: -

1. Sound financial off field position - just about achieved that via TFTF and now there should be no more selling off home games. Cairns deal needs to be ended now. Members will chip in to buy it out if need be - raise the membership price by $10 per head. This is a cutthroat competition and we can't afford to give any opponent any advantage, regardless of how minor. Gale has done many good things, but the Cairns deal isn't one of them. In this case the football need outweighs the $ gained.
2. Recruiting better players so that we have a better list and not have the depth issues that has hurt us today. Might be a step back to take two steps forward.
3. Developing the players we recruit to be the best that they can be - still not convinced that this is being done properly.
4. Better game plan (with options A,B,C & D) and better game day coaching - Hardwick still to prove that he's up to it in my view. Must say that I've lost massive faith in him over the last month - nice guy but don't think he's up to it - challenge is for him to prove me wrong.
5. Improvement in on-field leadership - time has come to make our best player the Captain and that's Cotchin.
6. More honest communication with members - tell us how it is and no b/s. I don't expect an apology from the club about today, but expect a committement from those in charge that we must work toward fixing this mess. Everybody should be gutted and hurting today.

The last 30 years have been truly miserable. Results like today need to remind us all what has to be done, so that we never end up here again.

Totally agree with everything you have said, perfectly sums up the status quo. However, I wonder what the legal and financial implications of buying out of this ridiculous Cairns deal will be (ie would it be even worth it??)

Harry said:
honourable loss ? came back from 40 points down. credit to the boys

Yes lucky for GOld Coast that they won otherwise the heat would really have gone on McKenna for allowing them to blow a 40 point lead.

Re: A deep breath.

Bunnerz said:
a deep breath, we are the joke of the AFL. And i pay my money to be a member and occasionally drive 5 hours to the games.
NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!

Good riddance.

I'll be fronting up this Sunday to support the boys against North as always.

Really don't care as I do not have any school aged children who suffer the most. Yes it is embarassing but that is us we are embarassing and have been for a long time. Best to get the best draft position possible and if the club does not tank from now on it has rocks in its head. Lucky Dimma coaches we could lose every game from now on.

gold1 said:
Come on! We played a team that had 21 previous losses.
I accept what you are saying but they almost beat the Cats last week and we are truly *smile* poor for depth. We CANNOT cover injuries at this stage of our development.

I have been a brightsider to date but that loss today is testing me, especially after the result last year. Mind you, with Martin,Maric and Foley in to that side, we win easily IMO

Phantom said:

There are easy games only when coaches and players plan and commit properly. We can't.