Richmond vs Gold Coast Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond vs Gold Coast Game Day Thread

My grandson turned 2 last week and its been a real battle to think i could turn him into a tigs supporter. most of the family support the crows. After today i think i will just give up!!

I'm just dumbfounded at what actually happened in those last 5 minutes. They went back to their lack of urgency, lack of run and carry and lack of nouse. Honestly, this loss really hurt. I honestly didnt really think we would make the eight anyway but to lose against this mob for the second year in a row in that fashion is really unacceptable. And then for my mobile to start lighting up with smart arsed mates just rubs it in even more. Just really peeved right now. Bugger!

haveago said:
Richmond....the team that never lets you down by letting you down. Just a joke of a club that really does deserve all the crap that is hung on it. I could have lived with our finals hopes being ended by North or Carlton but no....it had to be the bloody winless suns with a goal after the siren after we were 17 points up with 3 minutes on the clock. Even in front with 27 seconds left.

Pathetic and I can't think of any other club that could stuff it up as bad as we just have.

Yep did the same with Bulldogs a year or two ago when up by three goals with less than 3 mins to play and Lake goaled after the siren or just before it so I guess we have had practice at this.

Summerisle said:
Cute, I have a cheerleader.

hardly buddy, I reckon you would be one of those membership throwers who ring the club on monday saying they lost it.
Go support the dee's.
You're not needed

Tigersub said:
I'm just dumbfounded at what actually happened in those last 5 minutes. They went back to their lack of urgency, lack of run and carry and lack of nouse. Honestly, this loss really hurt. I honestly didnt really think we would make the eight anyway but to lose against this mob for the second year in a row in that fashion is really unacceptable. And then for my mobile to start lighting up with smart arsed mates just rubs it in even more. Just really peeved right now. Bugger!

40 seconds not 5 minutes. We're too lazy minded.

Tigersub said:
18 points up with 5 minutes to go TF - should of shut everything down then and there mate.

^ this

If you can't control the game with a three goal lead with 5 minutes to go, you don't deserve to win it at all.

I am devastated, angry and embarrassed!!! This is a wounded and mentally weak playing group with no sense of purpose.
A message to Brendon Gale: we are a proud club, not a cheap *smile*. We may more $$ in the bank tonight, but you have let down $50,000 passionate members!

But gee - look on the bright side --- at least the club has shown how tough they are and desperate to bring in a good culture and Martin has learnt a valuable lesson... oh and we got some extra money....I mean screw the fans and members so long as those two things were achieved.....

I thought our loss to the Suns could not be topped but we somehow managed to overtake it. I love my footy like we all do but sometimes I really can't help but feel how ripped off Richmond supporters are.

I can't even imagine following a club that wins most weeks and even seeing finals and flags. Lucky bastards.

That is the worst thing i have ever experienced in football.

And i have followed this club for 35 years.

percyms said:
But gee - look on the bright side --- at least the club has shown how tough they are and desperate to bring in a good culture and Martin has learnt a valuable lesson... oh and we got some extra money....I mean screw the fans and members so long as those two things were achieved.....
Are you suggesting we should of played Martin ?

Tigerhart04 said:
^ this

If you can't control the game with a three goal lead with 5 minutes to go, you don't deserve to win it at all.
an 8 point (2 goal lead) with less than a minute is more devastating to me, even when a rugby player kicks a winning goal!!