Richmond v Freo Rd 10- Game day thread [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond v Freo Rd 10- Game day thread [Merged]

Great Team Effort, not sure how to spend the rest of the long weekend now, might watch the replay with the sound muted until the theme song comes on at the end, commentating just showed how far Fox have progressed footy, its sad when BT is a better caller than both those flogs.

What a great night. That first quarter was just the best thing ever. All the wisdom says that the 3rd quarter is the Premiership quarter, it's where teams supposedly win games, yet it's generally our worst quarter, yet we lift in the last and take the points. Genuine team effort, it's hard to really think of one single player that didn't do their absolute best tonight. Umpiring was very ordinary and biased towards Freo. Commentary was truly deplorable, with the exception of Richo. They should be ashamed of themselves for that performance tonight. When even Eddie is taking potshots at you, you know you've well and truly buggered up. They may have to get used to it and suck it up, because we've got a few Friday nights coming up after the break. Could Richmond at long last be the real deal this year?

the best thing about this team is that Vlastuin, Grimes, Ellis B and C, Griffiths, Menadue and McIntosh have all got their best footy on front of them imo.

Add to that a few youngsters in the VFL and we have a really good core coming through.

Sintiger said:
the best thing about this team is that Vlastuin, Grimes, Ellis B and C, Griffiths, Menadue and McIntosh have all got their best footy on front of them imo.

Add to that a few youngsters in the VFL and we have a really good core coming through.
That is a comforting thought

Wow. Could be sore in a fortnight. With the bye coming up I will have to puff my chest out for 14 days straight. #gotiges

[quote author=Scooty]
"dons by 90 were [sic.] due for a stinker"

"belting coming up will be exposed for what we are still under vfl level"
[/quote]
Scooty... nailed it.

puregreen said:
That might re-energize the push for 70,000 members I reckon. Fantastic way to go into the break. Well done lads.

I hope so. A huge barrier to jump through.

eez-up-tiger said:
Loved it how Bomber on fox said tiger supporters are even better than collingwood's , Eddie wasn't too impressed !!

I would like to have seen that comment.

Last night was the first night I stayed away from PRE whilst watching the Tiges on TV in years.

Couldn't take my eyes off the game, not believing what I was seeing.

What a great game!

Hopefully we can build on this and really take it up to the better teams!

Great win an amazing effort from the boys down back ....Sandilands an Fyfe were incredible with those clearences, we did a super job an slowing it down

A masterful game beating Freo with a fast hard attack and then dogged persistence. What was great to see was the way the boys absorbed everything including the kitchen sink. Yes we were outscored in the second half 5 goals to 3 but in years gone by this would have been an all to hard for us capitulation. Can't help but think of the tremendous resolve Lids brings to the team. The polish we need around the ball whether it is forward or back.

All of our wins have had that poor 3rd qtr, but instead rolling over like in the North game we have been able to hold steady and absorb some serious heat especially the game against Port. Shows a real resilience and a capacity to better retake control when we've looked like getting rolled.

Just need to tidy up some of our kicking and back ourselves when in range of goal, do that and we'll elimate those 3rd qtr jitters.

SkillzThatKillz said:
Last night was the first night I stayed away from PRE whilst watching the Tiges on TV in years.

Couldn't take my eyes off the game, not believing what I was seeing.

What a great game!

Hopefully we can build on this and really take it up to the better teams!

same - didn't look at PRE till after the game - I found it such an absorbing game and was stunned by that first qtr our and ability to follow it up and win the second and then absorb the second half pressure. Despite what the commentators were saying, Freo didn't hold back in the second half either