Richmond v Freo Rd 10- Game day thread [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond v Freo Rd 10- Game day thread [Merged]

year of the tiger said:
same - didn't look at PRE till after the game - I found it such an absorbing game and was stunned by that first qtr our and ability to follow it up and win the second and then absorb the second half pressure. Despite what the commentators were saying, Freo didn't hold back in the second half either

True. Whats been so evident the last 4 weeks has been the defensive steel. In the 3rd quarters we have pretty much been spanked, but have never let the opposition get a run on. Port dominated the 3rd quarter but we outscored them, Freo dominated the 3rd quarter also and reduced our lead by 14. We've been holding up really well defensively and Dimma and the team need a lot of credit for that. The back 6 have been outstanding the last 4 weeks.

It was interesting what Jack said last week when asked in the rooms after the game last week if that was our game plan. His comment was defensively yes but we didn;t get our offence up and running. Maybe last night was both sides of the coin up and running. If it is and this is how we continue to play the trains only just getting started, and there will be a lot more on the wagon by the end of the year.

Chimptastic said:
Even more impressive is how we were about 2 full years younger than them.
Most teams are younger than the dockers. They have a massive age cliff looming.

tigermouseau said:
Cannot believe that we will come anywhere near them. They are just a well drilled team full of,champions with sublime skills. IF we drag them down to,our level, we might win one quarter, but that'll be it I'm afraid. Will,be happy to be proven wrong but I think after three wins in a row the team may well believe they are good, believe they are a chance tonight and sit back and wait for others to do the hard work. Not a snowflakes chance in hell IMHO of course.

So very very pleased that I know nothing about football. We only won two quarters of footy last night - but wow how good were they. That snowflake is defying the odds in hell. So very very very happy after game and what a great start to the long weekend !

The Freo apologists are on SEN now. Only Robbo has given us proper credit.

Dermie is a flog and hates us.

EDIT: My mistake. Dermie loves us ;D

Great stuff by Ross Lyon. Giving full credit for Richmond and not using excuses for their loss.

Lyon giving a lot of credit to our back 6. Said that they are very strong one on one.

I think the past 4 weeks is the best footy I have seen this club play since the start of the 1995 season, really good to see a 4 quarter effort, Freo area well drilled , well coached, star studded line up, and we beat them.

Bloody go Tigers, so happy to see them playing hard tuff team footy.

Smoking Aces said:
The Freo apologists are on SEN now. Only Robbo has given us proper credit.

Dermie is a flog and hates us.

EDIT: My mistake. Dermie loves us ;D

Credit to Blobbo for calling that. Credit to Derm for buying a membership but just does it for a giggle on the rollercoaster ride we go through every season.

King: "McBean on Cloke...."

Great month of footy from the Tigers. Putting all aspects of the game together in a very tidy n consistent package. We've got high speed sling shot footy, controlled tempo footy, sag off n soak up pressure footy available when needed.
Got no idea what Dimma put in the players water at qtr time against Colonwood, but it's working magnificently. The team has set a benchmark this last month, not just one or two flash qtrs of quality bits n pieces but a rock solid four games at home n on the road. Without resorting to the super high risk all out attack we're more used to.
If these few weeks are the standard we can regularly look forward to, footy's gunna be a wonderful place to visit on the weekends for Tiger fans. Balance, Balance n more bloody Balance in our games.

The back page of the West Australian is priceless in what it doesn't say - "Eagles Flying High"

As Ken Judge said this a.m, to paraphrase, the issue now is consistency

In the last Menadue was overlooked a couple of times even in space fwd 50. It looked like the senior guys were picking each other out. I wonder if that is a plan or it just worked out like that on the night? Would've been good for his confidence if they'd put a bit of trust in the lad.

Noticed that and it was picked up by SEN this morning.

It appeared as though the senior players took upon themselves to pass to the leaders/ seniors players on the ground.

Would have done wonders for the kids confidence to have passed it on those occasions.

Bomber Thompson was interesting on Fox at half time and after the game. He's not a Richmond hater, just a coach that knew the Tigers were an easy win during his time because they were flaky; couldn't stick at it and do the right things often enough during a game, couldn't stand the heat. Maybe, just maybe, this is changing and we're becoming a proper football team. The rest of the season will tell us.

Good to see the leaders taking control of the game and delivering. That's something g the kids will learn as well. When it's time to take responsibility, take it. Play the percentages.

Fyfe is a good player but boy he gets alot of easy first possessions from Sandilands. Let him play under another ruckman and see how he goes. He's no Ablett. Imagine if Dusty was being fed by Sandilands every week.

waiting said:
In the last Menadue was overlooked a couple of times even in space fwd 50. It looked like the senior guys were picking each other out. I wonder if that is a plan or it just worked out like that on the night? Would've been good for his confidence if they'd put a bit of trust in the lad.

Noticed that and it was picked up by SEN this morning.

It appeared as though the senior players took upon themselves to pass to the leaders/ seniors players on the ground.

Would have done wonders for the kids confidence to have passed it on those occasions.

Fair point but pretty minor issue in the grand scheme of things Waitin'!

Antman understand .

It was just an observation that was noticed by a few and mentioned, that's all!

Shows that things may be changing among the leaders if the club and how they are reading the game out there at crucial times!