Richmond v Freo Rd 10- Game day thread [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond v Freo Rd 10- Game day thread [Merged]

Harry said:
Fyfe is a good player but boy he gets alot of easy first possessions from Sandilands. Let him play under another ruckman and see how he goes. He's no Ablett. Imagine if Dusty was being fed by Sandilands every week.

Pendlebury may have alluded to this with his tweet about Sandilands being underrated. It's insane how many clearances Fyfe is handed on a silver platter.

Yep Sandilands taps some beauty's to Fyfe, but here's some facts he averages over 19 contested posies a game, has 60 more then anyone else having in the league, he's not just good

waiting said:
Antman understand .

It was just an observation that was noticed by a few and mentioned, that's all!

Shows that things may be changing among the leaders if the club and how they are reading the game out there at crucial times!

I hear ya bro.

I was as surprised as everyone else by our start to the game, but thinking about it maybe we shouldn't have been. We did something similar against Port in the first quarter and there was the 8 goal 2nd quarter against Collingwood. It's nice to know that we can do that when we have to. If Freo can't snag a flag this year, then they could be in trouble. It's classic Lyon, thrash the team physically in pursuit of a flag and use the older battle hardened players, then move on and leave a mess for your successor to clean up.

CC TIGER said:
Yep Sandilands taps some beauty's to Fyfe, but here's some facts he averages over 19 contested posies a game, has 60 more then anyone else having in the league, he's not just good

how many of those are given to his advantage by sandilands? one thing I noticed was alot of his clearances against us were ineffective. A fit Ablett would have destroyed us with those first possessions.

Harry said:
how many of those are given to his advantage by sandilands? one thing I noticed was alot of his clearances against us were ineffective. A fit Ablett would have destroyed us with those first possessions.
Agree. Terrific player but gets hand fed by Sandi and should be penalised 4 or 5 times a week as he is tackled two and three times and the umpires let him get away with it. Did two spectacular things on Friday night but fumbled a lot, Ablett couldn't fumble if he tried. Ump and media darling like Hird was, they make out everything he does is something special. I was nearly sick with the commentators carry on about him, hope they had some Chux to clean up the mess in the commentary box.

Big Tiger said:
Agree. Terrific player but gets hand fed by Sandi and should be penalised 4 or 5 times a week as he is tackled two and three times and the umpires let him get away with it. Did two spectacular things on Friday night but fumbled a lot, Ablett couldn't fumble if he tried. Ump and media darling like Hird was, they make out everything he does is something special. I was nearly sick with the commentators carry on about him, hope they had some Chux to clean up the mess in the commentary box.
Nice to see that Browny didn't get carried away on the Sunday Footy Show (mind you he was one of the few that tipped us prior to the game). He gave 4 votes and no Fremantle player featured in them.

Big Tiger said:
Deadly accurate post there B T, reckon Fyfe is certainly a gun player but unfortunately like all the whizz bang favourite players they get an armchair ride off the maggots and media.

TigerMasochist said:
Deadly accurate post there B T, reckon Fyfe is certainly a gun player but unfortunately like all the whizz bang favourite players they get an armchair ride off the maggots and media.

Cotch got an easy ride in his brownlow year. To some extent it's warranted. The more damaging a player, the more likely the opposition will try to infringe. With the Umps wing human, when you expect something to happen, you tend to see it even if it's not there. Like Houli bashing really.

Cannot believe that was the same Richmond side that has been playing since Round 1. Mind you it helps when you don't have players like Newman, Pettered, Gordon and Lloyd in the side. Hopefully Hardwick has realised that it is time to give the young guys some game time and leave the dead wood where it belongs. Hoping he wont ruin it by bringing Newman back into the side.

Brilliant game of football by Tiges and that first quarter was as good as i have seen by any team this year. :clap :clap

Really hope everyone from coach to players have started to mature and grow and this is not just a mini charge we have often seen.

Also very refreshing to see our leaders like Cotchin and Deledio finally starting to stand up when it counts.

Still not totally convinced but a few more rounds of this type of footy and i may just become a believer. :eek:

Big Tiger said:
Agree. Terrific player but gets hand fed by Sandi and should be penalised 4 or 5 times a week as he is tackled two and three times and the umpires let him get away with it.
Agree...I thought once you used the Don't Argue/Fend Off that was prior opportunity and any tackle afterwards is holding the ball? Fyfe seems to have some leeway here.

i had to listen to the game....

I watched the first 10 mins at the pub when it was 18-0 and i was pumped walking home, got home and tv wasnt working and couldnt fix, couldnt believe it.
was okay listening except the commentators were just concentrating on when the dockers would come back all match too much.

it was evident we were so switched on during the first 10 minutes.

go tigers

Coaches Votes

FREMANTLE V RICHMOND
10 – Dustin Martin (Rich)
5 – Shane Edwards (Rich)
4 – Trent Cotchin (Rich)
4 – Brandon Ellis (Rich)
4 – Aaron Sandilands (Frem)
2 – Nat Fyfe (Frem)
1 – Bachar Houli (Rich)

After having a second look at the game yesterday, Dusty was huge, last couple of weeks in the final qtrs his inside grunt and determination/will have been awesome and gone a long way to winning us the game...

Also loved when at half time a sniper had a go at Cotchy and Dusty sort of jumped in and pushed the guy away!

Dusty 5 and 5
Sheds 2 and 3
Cotch 0 and 4
Ellis 4 and 0
Sandi 3 and 1
Fyfe 0 and 2
Bachar 1 and 0

interesting that 4 players were not given votes by one of the coaches

quite a disparity re Ellis and Cotch's influence on the game

It's most interesting that Fyfe only got a 2 from one coach but yet he featured in the best 3 rated by most media outlets. I wonder whether the umps will have the coach's or media's perspective?

sausage_meat69 said:
It's most interesting that Fyfe only got a 2 from one coach but yet he featured in the best 3 rated by most media outlets. I wonder whether the umps will have the coach's or media's perspective?
Nathan Brown didn't give Fyfe a vote in his votes, and he gave them on Sunday, so maybe when he had a chance to sit back and think about it, Fyfe wasn't as big a factor as people first thought when they still had that mark and goal fresh in their memories. Dusty was absolutely huge on Friday night and deserved the votes. I remember a couple of years ago he had a similarly dominant performance against a poor Western Bulldogs and was best on, but this time he did it over 4 quarters and did it against the unbeaten side on the top of the ladder, that he can turn on these performances against the absolute best and do it for 4 quarters is a testament to the man and the club to have developed him to that level. We've all wanted him to have a tank for a while, now he's got one.

Ice said:
Dusty 5 and 5
Sheds 2 and 3
Cotch 0 and 4
Ellis 4 and 0
Sandi 3 and 1
Fyfe 0 and 2
Bachar 1 and 0

interesting that 4 players were not given votes by one of the coaches

quite a disparity re Ellis and Cotch's influence on the game

Of the current coaches, games involving Lyon show the greatest variance in votes. He's a bit different.

Hardwick ranks 13th, although there's not a huge difference from first to last.