Richmond team vs Adelaide - NO SIMMONDS!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond team vs Adelaide - NO SIMMONDS!!!

Barnzy said:
What a disgusting team on paper. :hihi

Not happy that 'deer in the headlights' White is playing, such a pathetic footballer. Maybe DH wants to give him one last shot. Oh well.

Happy McGuane is gone but that's a very small backline, very small. In fact, the whole side is tiny. Webberly, Nason, Nahas, White, Edwards, Farmer, Tambling, etc. Would not be surprised to if we lost by 10+ goals to Adelaide.

We are small but they are slow.

bowden4president said:
I'm not happy with Morton himself!! As you said, he can play some good footy when he's on, but recently he has been off.

He was not our worst against Geelong, far from it considering the amount of ball that was put near him. Had 13 disposals, 3 inside 50's and 4 tackles. Yes its more than the numbers but if he is going to become a player who is in one week and out the next ill be pissed off!

This will be a big game for Tyrone - really good challenge for him.

If Tuck plays as the third tall in Luke's place and Rance plays as second ruck, we dont really lose much on Mcguane/Simmonds in a play making sense.

lamb22 said:

If Tuck plays as the third tall in Luke's place and Rance plays as second ruck, we dont really lose much on Mcguane/Simmonds in a play making sense.

You really must be in love with Rance, you just can't get him out of your head!

lamb22 said:

I think Polak will support TV and rest in the forward line. Would be such a bonus if he could hold his own in the ruck, and snag a few.

Chocco said:
You really must be in love with Rance, you just can't get him out of your head!

Dont know what your problem is Chocco.? We're clearly a ruck short and either Polak, Tuck or I'm thinking Rance will play support ruck.

There are a limited number of roles Rance can play. A run with role against a ruck might be one. Trying to be positive about him but happy to engage in a Rance debate if you really want one? (Hope Disco's not watching)

Morton consistently in and out, starts on the bench.....hmmm....let's hope Dimma's not developing favouritism in this club again.

With McGuane out they should've kept Dea in.

TigerForce said:
Morton consistently in and out, starts on the bench.....hmmm....let's hope Dimma's not developing favouritism in this club again.

With McGuane out they should've kept Dea in.

Why is that? Is there a minimum quota on ball butcherers?

lamb22 said:
Why is that? Is there a minimum quota on ball butcherers?

Is Dea a ball 'butcherer' already? Give him experience as we're not playing for the 8.

evo said:
I'm a big fan too. He is getting treated very shabbily.

I like him too Evo, But structurally its not working with him there....................

plus Coburg needs a win ;D

TigerForce said:
Is Dea a ball 'butcherer' already? Give him experience as we're not playing for the 8.

Let him learn how to play footy with the little kids first before playing with the big boys.

He really is that far off it in understanding the game, that Coburg will be a good learning experience.

Not fair to expose him at the higher level with so little experience under his belt

lamb22 said:
Let him learn how to play footy with the little kids first before playing with the big boys.

He really is that far off it in understanding the game, that Coburg will be a good learning experience.

Not fair to expose him at the higher level with so little experience under his belt

Adelaide, Hawthorn and Essendon won't be as strong as previous teams we played. It's better to learn the hard way than the easy way at Coburg.

TigerForce said:
Adelaide, Hawthorn and Essendon won't be as strong as previous teams we played. It's better to learn the hard way than the easy way at Coburg.

I dont think any form of the game would be easy for Dea at this stage.

He is too frightened or unbalanced or rushed to kick ATM. Let him show some consistent form at Coburg first.

lamb22 said:
Dont know what your problem is Chocco.? We're clearly a ruck short and either Polak, Tuck or I'm thinking Rance will play support ruck.

There are a limited number of roles Rance can play. A run with role against a ruck might be one. Trying to be positive about him but happy to engage in a Rance debate if you really want one? (Hope Disco's not watching)

Just call me the love doctor, I can sense you love for Rance

Chocco said:
Just call me the love doctor, I can sense you love for Rance

You may be right - I must say - he is like that special child that gets affection and congratulations when he simply avoids tripping on his shoelaces.

lamb22 said:

I agree with you lamb. I said this after his first game. He can become a good player, but he needs to do an apprenticeship at Coburg first.

tannerztigers said:
He was not our worst against Geelong, far from it considering the amount of ball that was put near him. Had 13 disposals, 3 inside 50's and 4 tackles. Yes its more than the numbers but if he is going to become a player who is in one week and out the next ill be p!ssed off!

Hard tounderstand the ommission of Morton. Maybe he's being punished for demeanours?

No offence to Matty personally but how White keeps bobbing up and getting a game is perplexing to say the least :headscratch

Ripplestick said:
Now offence to Matty personally but how White keeps bobbing up and getting a game is perplexing to say the least :headscratch

How else do you think were going to get the number 4 draft pick? 8)
We drop Morton (creative forward), play 1 ruckman (Vickery), select White, an out of form Tambling ....

Re Morton, The Cowboy has now been dropped by a couple of coaches.
Mustn't be working near as hard as they want.
Has been spraying them all over the place so far this year too.