Richmond team vs Adelaide - NO SIMMONDS!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond team vs Adelaide - NO SIMMONDS!!!

It's pretty bad if Simmonds goes down and neither Angus or Browne get a call up. Are they really that bad that neither deserve to even have a sniff ?

Baloo said:
It's pretty bad if Simmonds goes down and neither Angus or Browne get a call up. Are they really that bad that neither deserve to even have a sniff ?

Maybe Graham but thought Browne was pretty good other week vs Box Hill so I have no idea what's going on there. Surely he can do a better job than Polak as a back-up ruck? :help

Would've liked to have seen Cotchin, Martin, Foley, Deledio play together at once. Has that happened yet? Will be interesting to see who get's dropped off the bench.

Barnzy said:
Maybe Graham but thought Browne was pretty good other week vs Box Hill so I have no idea what's going on there. Surely he can do a better job than Polak as a back-up ruck? :help

Would've liked to have seen Cotchin, Martin, Foley, Deledio play together at once. Has that happened yet? Will be interesting to see who get's dropped off the bench.

Yeah v Freo I think.

Barnzy said:
Didn,t see any Coburg games towards the end of last season? Polak performed better in the Ruck than Browne.Nothing much has changed with Browne this year.

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Didn,t see any Coburg games towards the end of last season? Polak performed better in the Ruck than Browne.Nothing much has changed with Browne this year.

Yeah, I know Polak did alright in the VFL last season playing as a ruck but a 194cm player stepping up to play ruck in the AFL is a big difference. Would like to see us develop an actual ruck in that position, ie Browne. As I said, dunno what's going on there.

Barnzy said:
Yeah, I know Polak did alright in the VFL last season playing as a ruck but a 194cm player stepping up to play ruck in the AFL is a big difference. Would like to see us a develop an actual ruck in that position, ie Browne. As I said, dunno what's going on there.
Yep its a worry in terms of Vickery should still be playing 2nd fiddle.

no secound ruckmen?
Sure they could have fit Graham or Browne in

At the moment Polak actually looks a decent option compared to Simmonds. If anything he wont jump early.

Would like to see Webberly, Cotchin, Martin, Polak in at the expense of Dea, Simmonds, Foley, Rance/Farmer.

CarnTheTiges said:
Foley out with a leg injury this soon after coming back is concerning.

Or, after a prolonged injury, they thought they'd give him a rest.

Was rapt to see Simmo out.

Was p!ssed off to see his is injured and not dropped.

Fair Dinkum I wish he would just retire now. And hand back your pay you have stolen from us the last 3 years. He has been a terrible player for about 3 years now. He jumps in the ruck and is back on the ground before the ball is anywhere near down. And he does nothing around the ground except be a slow big cone to run around. I almost feel embarressed for him he has been that bad. ( I don't like Simmo much ;D )

And where the hell are Graham and Browne. One thing for Simmo to be out, but surely we need another ruckman in.

Jack said:
Fair Dinkum I wish he would just retire now. And hand back your pay you have stolen from us the last 3 years. He has been a terrible player for about 3 years now. He jumps in the ruck and is back on the ground before the ball is anywhere near down. And he does nothing around the ground except be a slow big cone to run around. I almost feel embarressed for him he has been that bad. ( I don't like Simmo much ;D )

And where the hell are Graham and Browne. One thing for Simmo to be out, but surely we need another ruckman in.

Mate, it's fairly obvious that our football dept feel that Simmonds is the best we have. Actually, the best by such a margin that when he get's injured, our two other Ruckmen, Angus and Browne, don't even get a crack at the firsts.

This has been the strongest message I've seen from the club that without Simmonds, we don't have a ruckman (other than Plasma).